PDA

View Full Version : Motorised dish no signal

alexk18
30-04-16, 15:06
Hi guys,
Using my solo2, I have A connected to sky and B connected to my positioner dish.
I have all the numbers set as normal but found the motorised dish isn't working.
If I put a foreign channel (e.g. riksat 13east) it will gain signal for about 2 seconds and then nothing.
If I change satellite and move back to the original channel the same will happen.

Any help will be appreciated.
Thanks
Al

bellejt
30-04-16, 17:18
f using usals did you put in your coordinates ?

alexk18
30-04-16, 17:26
Yep have done that like before

bellejt
30-04-16, 17:59
maybe put your settings here so we can verfiy.Do you have signal when looking manual for transponders from your rotor on tuner B ?

alexk18
30-04-16, 21:25
It's usals 3.8east 51.5 north
Nothing found manually

bellejt
30-04-16, 22:48
maybe try shifting with those values.Could be that the aligment off the dish is not right or has changed.Try manually to get a lock on a transponder by moving dish step by step.

frankblueking
01-05-16, 11:08
Hi guys,
Using my solo2, I have A connected to sky and B connected to my positioner dish.
I have all the numbers set as normal but found the motorised dish isn't working.
If I put a foreign channel (e.g. riksat 13east) it will gain signal for about 2 seconds and then nothing.
If I change satellite and move back to the original channel the same will happen.

Any help will be appreciated.
Thanks
Al

I had a similar problem and tried re-installing everything associated with the motorised dish, I even flash installed the latest image but no joy. As a last resort I asked my local sat guy to test the signal on the dish, thinking it was the LNB. He found that the LNB connector was corroded and hence was not making a good contact. Apparently the original installer forgot to pull the weather cover down over the connections!! All now working fine having installed a new LNB. :):)

alexk18
01-05-16, 12:32
Thanks, using the positioner setup page I use search east and find full signal.
How do I correlate this into make positioner settings?

Thanks

bellejt
01-05-16, 13:01
change your usals more east.You can calculate them http://www.latlong.net/