PDA

View Full Version : @Andy_Hazza

psykix
30-04-16, 12:13
Hiya,

Can you post a screenshot of your Unicable LNB settings please? I have the same dish/LNB/receiver and not sure what the settings should be!

Cheers!

psykix
30-04-16, 12:47
Ah, think I have figured it out. Had to configure each tuner and change the SCR on each one to a different number :-)

Andy_Hazza
30-04-16, 13:34
Hi Sorry only just seen this now. Everything up n running ok? Are you on the latest ViX?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

psykix
30-04-16, 14:00
Yeah, once I set the make and model of the LNB, then I could select SCR past 4.

Tried 4 recordings and watched another and worked fine. Didn't bother trying to go to 7 different ones!

Have my motorised on Tuner B.

Yes, running latest Vix. All seems fine :-)

Cracking receiver this one!

Andy_Hazza
30-04-16, 15:20
Do us a favour in service searching you should have solo4K misc control panel? Enable both toneburst n power lnb.

psykix
30-04-16, 15:37
Do us a favour in service searching you should have solo4K misc control panel? Enable both toneburst n power lnb.

Will do when missus has finished watching her recorded soaps :-)

What am I hoping to achieve with those settings?

Andy_Hazza
30-04-16, 15:58
Its a requirement with our Unicable II LNB we have. Can you also finish setting up rest of the tuners so you have 7x SCRs and finally can you go into each tuner config and where it says "connect to" can you connect tuner c to a, tuner d to c, tuner e to d etc etc.

psykix
30-04-16, 16:20
Its a requirement with our Unicable II LNB we have. Can you also finish setting up rest of the tuners so you have 7x SCRs and finally can you go into each tuner config and where it says "connect to" can you connect tuner c to a, tuner d to c, tunere to d etc.

Hmm..

I have SCR1 through SCR7, but I currently have them all linked to A.

I'll change them.

twol
30-04-16, 17:26
Hmm..

I have SCR1 through SCR7, but I currently have them all linked to A.

I'll change them.
There is a great technical,explanation on Openpli (which I have forgotten :) ) but the logical way (which you did) is not correct with the E2/Vu implementation for Unicable :)

psykix
30-04-16, 19:56
There is a great technical,explanation on Openpli (which I have forgotten :) ) but the logical way (which you did) is not correct with the E2/Vu implementation for Unicable :)

Yeah, I read that.

I always heard that they were tree/leaf configuration, so always presumed that the tree (root) was Tuner A, and then each leaf was attached to the tree (root) i.e. Tuner A.

Guess not hehe!

psykix
10-05-16, 21:42
I seem to be getting some tune failed messages tonight.

Do they need priority setting?

I have tuner A configured as Unicable and not connected. Then B is motorised. C is connected to A, D to C, E to D etc etc. And they are SCR 1 thru 7

Toneburst and LNB power are enabled.

Anything else that I have missed?

I seem to remember reading somewhere that the root tuner needs to be kept alive all the time, but there was a bug that prevented it? It may be something that was fixed though.

Andy_Hazza
11-05-16, 15:13
Aup. I have noticed some tune fails have crept back in again. I'm gonna do some testing myself n will speak to Rowland about this.

alan1812
05-09-16, 16:25
i have a Unicable II LNB
but I can not find
service searching
solo4K misc control panel?

rossi2000
05-09-16, 16:43
we don't have that plugin in, its integrated into the "customise" section in system.

alan1812
06-09-16, 16:08
thanks rossi2000 that was doing my head in I think I sorted it now