PDA

View Full Version : Tune fail message

Centre100
29-04-16, 11:49
Just started to get the occasional random 'Tune fail' message. On startup the default channel is displayed correctly, however when changing channel I may see the 'Tune fail' error. After 5 to 10 minutes the problem goes away and the picture clears. This occurs on FTA as well as encrypted channels on both fixed and moveable dishes on either inputs. So don't think its LNB related.
Current software is Openvix 4 1 004. This problem did occur before installing the latest Openvix so don't think its image related.

The satellite receiver is VU+Duo.

Anyone else had this problem and knows how to fix please?

Thanks

kris07
01-05-16, 21:25
Hi i'm having the exact same issue. I think it has something to do with the ABM. I first noticed last week that my BBC1 was not my 1st channel i had BBC2 & BBC2 HD and BBC1HD was a few pages down the list. A few days after this i noticed i was getting tune fails on my FTA HD channels but had my SD FTA channels working, then the SD FTA Chanels had tune fail and the FTA HD worked!!
I'm done seveal tune channel scans and cross epg updates / ATB scans and i'm still have tune fails on random channels.

Also i usually have my channel numbers set up the same as sky number convention but after my latest ABM the 1st channel i get is BBC2 HD which is channel 1038.

Sorry but dont have a solution and i was hoping others were experiencing the same as it would indicate its not my VUDUO failing!!

Andy_Hazza
01-05-16, 22:23
Hi i'm having the exact same issue. I think it has something to do with the ABM. I first noticed last week that my BBC1 was not my 1st channel i had BBC2 & BBC2 HD and BBC1HD was a few pages down the list. A few days after this i noticed i was getting tune fails on my FTA HD channels but had my SD FTA channels working, then the SD FTA Chanels had tune fail and the FTA HD worked!!
I'm done seveal tune channel scans and cross epg updates / ATB scans and i'm still have tune fails on random channels.

Also i usually have my channel numbers set up the same as sky number convention but after my latest ABM the 1st channel i get is BBC2 HD which is channel 1038.

Sorry but dont have a solution and i was hoping others were experiencing the same as it would indicate its not my VUDUO failing!!

No issues here with ABM on the latest ViX image. You need to update to the latest ViX image (4.1-004) for it to sort your BBC1 HD and BBC2 HD issues out.

kris07
01-05-16, 23:22
Hazza, Just updated to the latest image tonight and have BBC1HD channel 101 now top of the shop as it should be but ITVHD has tune fail. Ive been doing a search around the Net and there are quite a few new posts with people having the same issues!

Any ideas Hazza?

abu baniaz
01-05-16, 23:33
Hazza, Just updated to the latest image tonight and have BBC1HD channel 101 now top of the shop as it should be but ITVHD has tune fail. Ive been doing a search around the Net and there are quite a few new posts with people having the same issues!

Any ideas Hazza?
Forget ABM for now. Do a non-ABM scan for 28.2. How many channels do you get? Please respond with the exact number of channels. A screenshot will be even better.

Can you also attach a debug log.

kris07
01-05-16, 23:38
getting 897 channels from cross epg

kris07
01-05-16, 23:39
how do i get a debug report?

abu baniaz
01-05-16, 23:41
getting 897 channels from cross epg
We are talking about channels. Forget EPG. If you want help on how to perform channel scan, please say so.

With regards to debug logs, there re sevral posts about enabling debug logs. Put "debug log" in the search box

kris07
02-05-16, 00:03
Thought you were talking EPG/ABM - No i dont need help with a service scan, i'm using simple single fixed dish and getting 644 channels from service scan

abu baniaz
02-05-16, 00:11
You should be receiving roughly 950 channels on conventional scan

Possible faults:
LNB failure
Dish misalignment
LNB skew issue
Water damage to cabling
Tuner failed (tuner itself or power to it)

You most probably have a faulty LNB. Easiest test is to take receiver to a friend/relative's place and test there.

kris07
02-05-16, 00:19
we have had a bit of freak bad weather recently so maybe my dish has been slightly knocked off position by halestone, my channel 5 hd is very glitchey like when you have bad weather!

I have a skybox f5s upstairs (I know there sh*t) and there is tune fail on that and that is a single feed direct from the dish, so here's hoping its dish misalignment!

I appreciate your quick reply and help abu :thumbsup:

Centre100
02-05-16, 10:30
Further to my original posting - I have checked the voltage at the F connectors for LNB1 & LNB2 expecting to see about 13/18 volts, but only a few milli volts shown on my digital multi meter.
However the dish is moved using DiSEqC but 'Tune Fail'.

I think its time for a newer machine.

y_bihi
07-05-16, 20:13
i'm getting tune failed on some channels and other are working fine this happened after the upgrade to version 4. even downgrading to version 3.2 i'm still getting the same issue any advise??

abu baniaz
07-05-16, 20:55
Possibilities are:
Outdated channel list

Hardware issue. Any of the following:
F-plug not connected properly
Dish misaligned.
Broadcasting strength changed.
LNB faulty.
Damaged cabling.
Tuner faulty.

coozer
15-05-16, 19:25
I get the tune failed regular on the 'freeview' channels only.

If I go into the signal finder section theres nothing on it.. However if I switch over to say Sky 1 or Discovery channel they come on and the signal is fine up at 89%. All the channels from 19.2 and 13.0 work as well. Just the BBC and Itv local stuff not displaying.

Updated to openvix 4.1 yesterday on my TM Twin OE.

Is it the the box, image or enigma firmware??

The TM has been very temperamental since I got it 2 months ago, I'm tempted to go for the Et1000...

Any thoughts?

Thanks,
Steve

lamazani
06-07-17, 23:41
I have the aviva s300, and all my channels are not working!! What do i do? How do i make my channels work again? Is there anything i need to follow in order to make them work? Help!!