PDA

View Full Version : [VU+ Solo2] Error after kodi exit

weirskynet
28-04-16, 20:24
Hi their folks I have a strange problem with the latest version of vix

I have tried a fresh install and when it's setup I download kodi and open it then no video play or sound from within kodi

Then when I exit it I get this error message after about 10/15 mins
And it keeps rebooting. Have tried to do a fresh install and when it was on the video mode selection screen the error happened again

Here is a screenshot below !

Don't know what to do, if it's software , it's not the box as have had other software on it fine , and it's a genuine solo2

Here is the pic 47977

abu baniaz
28-04-16, 20:42
If it happens again, please attach the crash log/s. They will be in /home/root/logs/

You can stop the bootloop with command (does not fix the problem).

init 4

weirskynet
28-04-16, 21:18
If it happens again, please attach the crash log/s. They will be in /home/root/logs/

You can stop the bootloop with command (does not fix the problem).

init 4

i can't get to the logs to upload it this was happening when i done a fresh install i get just past the initialisation of the network then it crashes and reboots, can't get network up long enough to get into logs ?

its never done this before only sine going to the latest version ?

any ideas?

abu baniaz
28-04-16, 21:28
Can you confirm that you are not restoring settings? You are not using the default skin, so clarification will be appreciated.

Can you explain, step by step what you do after flashing new image please? (Someone should be able to redo exactly what you are doing.)

weirskynet
28-04-16, 21:32
After flashing new image I go thru basic setup not restoring or anything on the initial stage after it sets up the Internet connection it was crashing with that error above

Using base skin as no able to reach menu to download anything and no plugins restored etc

abu baniaz
28-04-16, 21:51
that picture you posted is not base skin.

are you flashing a backup image or one downloaded from openvix.co.UK?

weirskynet
28-04-16, 22:06
that picture you posted is not base skin.

are you flashing a backup image or one downloaded from openvix.co.UK?

Downloade from openVix.co.uk

That may of been taken using the open vix bello skin , but when I wiped and fresh installed without the plugins or skins this error happened again

weirskynet
28-04-16, 22:12
Just an update similar error happens on black hole latest version also

No skins installed and no plugins? Is their a way to rule out other issues 47978

Also I know that's on black hole but the same error kinda is happening on two software versions tried ?

weirskynet
28-04-16, 22:27
Does anyone know of any hardware issues that could cause this that i can run out , is it worth trying an older version of software?

weirskynet
29-04-16, 07:36
anyone having same issue and update on this was that it happened again after setup as fresh and on bello skin ?

have used this skin previous on all versions with no issue, is their anything else i can try ?

weirskynet
29-04-16, 08:45
Have a further update,
I'm back on vix 3.2 version 037
Using same setup and skin bello and everything working fine

Could the issue be with the new gst 4.1 or that and when I go to vix 4.1 004 I can get the error again ?

Is this a skin issue or issue with the files for skins ?

weirskynet
29-04-16, 11:34
Ok I have re flashed fresh on open vix 4.1 no plugins nothing and this happens whilst scanning for channels

P.s I had tried and successfully downgraded to version 3.2 -037 and had everything working including the bello skin

This error is whilst on initial box setup before reaching menu for skins etc scanning channels , just loops and restarts , has the code been updated and broken ? 47980

weirskynet
29-04-16, 15:49
Anyone have any ideas if this is a problem with the recent software

As it done this on scanning for channels in initial setup

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Weirskynet
VU+ Solo 2

spanner123
29-04-16, 16:52
I have the vu+ solo2 and do not have any problems running vix 4.1.004. Running default skin but also tried magic fhd skin and that ran ok also.

weirskynet
29-04-16, 16:55
I have the vu+ solo2 and do not have any problems running vix 4.1.004. Running default skin bit also tried magic fhd skin and that ran ok also.

i think it is a skin issue as I'm running latest blackhole just now and no issues , just don't know why it would of done that error when i was scanning for services. as i tried a fresh install and it screwed up when scanning for satellite channels , i never even restored any settings or plugins etc so started fresh ?

weirskynet
29-04-16, 19:51
:confused::confused:

Can someone give a list of supported skins on vix 4.1 - 004
Bello is broken and crashes box I'm guessing a lot of others are also due to the gst updates

Anyone have tried and tested on the new vix image ?

Willmoore
29-04-16, 20:03
I use YouVix blue without issue on the latest image - your the first person that's mentioned any problem with a skin.

Ashley69
29-04-16, 20:06
Bello ok here on 4.1.004

weirskynet
29-04-16, 20:07
was getting a weird error on mine earlier when i tried, all i have installed is bello and cccam 2.3.1

DaMacFunkin
29-04-16, 20:10
I use bello on 3 boxes all running 4.1 004 with no real problems, but I don't use cccam.

weirskynet
29-04-16, 20:16

This is the error I keep getting , sometime even before cccam is installed or any skins ?

Ashley69
29-04-16, 20:20
Are you restoring your settings after fresh flash?

weirskynet
29-04-16, 20:30
Are you restoring your settings after fresh flash?

nope last time this happened was a fresh install no restore :confused:

abu baniaz
29-04-16, 20:31
Your pictures show something about transcoding, hotplug, and internet issue with unix.py

It is very similar with your other thread. You could be setting something which you may think is not worth mentioning, that is casuing the problem. Nobody else is having the problem you are having. If there is a problem with the skin, they are not doing the same thing as you. In the other thread you said you had the crash with the default skin.

weirskynet
29-04-16, 20:35
Your pictures show something about transcoding, hotplug, and internet issue with unix.py

It is very similar with your other thread. You could be setting something which you may think is not worth mentioning, that is casuing the problem. Nobody else is having the problem you are having. If there is a problem with the skin, they are not doing the same thing as you. In the other thread you said you had the crash with the default skin.
transcoding was set standard untouched when this error happened, internet is working fine from box as can use older firmware with no issues

i don't know what else could be causing it

abu baniaz
29-04-16, 20:54
You will have to upload crash/debug logs for anyone to have a chance of sussing what is happening. Otherwise, we will have to wait for someone to have the same issue as you.

Just to echo what was said above, I have installed the vixbmc-1080-bello skin and it is working fine for me too.

weirskynet
29-04-16, 21:24
You will have to upload crash/debug logs for anyone to have a chance of sussing what is happening. Otherwise, we will have to wait for someone to have the same issue as you.

Just to echo what was said above, I have installed the vixbmc-1080-bello skin and it is working fine for me too.

ill try update crash logs , just done a fresh install no plugins and its crashing with nothing installed after service scan ?

abu baniaz
29-04-16, 21:34
That rules out the skin then. I am going to merge your threads so people can follow your issue and offer any support that they can.

Are you allowed to say what USB devices are connected to your receiver?

weirskynet
29-04-16, 21:34

cant get crash logs uploaded as i cant get network connection up long enough :(

abu baniaz
29-04-16, 21:36
You said internet is working fine on box earlier.

Can you use a USB stick as the log location?

weirskynet
29-04-16, 21:38
i have no usb devices connected to it at all apart from the usb stick used to flash the device,

the hard disk hasn't changed since i got it and works fine, i don't know what else to try

Andy_Hazza
29-04-16, 21:41
My brother uses Bello on his Solo2 and has no issues with latest ViX (4.1-0004). I use YouViX-Blue on all my boxes with no issues either.

weirskynet
29-04-16, 21:42
You said internet is working fine on box earlier.

Can you use a USB stick as the log location?

i could try need to get it to start long enough to do that, how do i set it to the usb for logs

abu baniaz
29-04-16, 22:03
in the logs menu/settings

weirskynet
30-04-16, 00:00
so far so good i think i have hit the nail in the head

its cccam 2.30 isn't compatible with the latest version

i have had to install Oscam latest and try get config files, but afterwards seems stable

what I'm wondering tho is their a way to format a hard disk on it not thru the menu ?

weirskynet
30-04-16, 00:54
UPDATE....

everything working now, issue is with CCCAM 2.3.0 if anyone is using this and got similar issues then remove until someone can update it to work off latest image

weirskynet
30-04-16, 12:14
Scratch that I thought it worked the same has happened again

Oscam does seem to be more stable on it tho and it lasted longer but reboots with the crash error that was posted above

Something on Python line or something not found no such file or directory

Seen someone else having similar issue on a solo 2 box also so could be box specfic if a driver issue ?

Weirskynet
VU+ Solo 2

weirskynet
01-05-16, 16:45
Hi their I'm having random crashes on vix 4.1 004

the only plugins i have installed are
Bello skin
Openvix Purple Skin

Oscam

picons manager /downloader

i have uploaded the crash logs and the debug logs , anyone able to take a look

crash log is - 1462117266.54
debug log is - 1462117332.86

:(:(

weirskynet
01-05-16, 17:12
cant upload the logs here for some strange reason

i can copy and paste them tho ?

weirskynet
01-05-16, 17:54
also i can no longer ftp to the box

i get this error

Status: Connection established, waiting for welcome message...
Response: 500 OOPS: vsftpd: not found: directory given in 'secure_chroot_dir':/var/share/empty
Error: Critical error: Could not connect to server

just a mass of errors and issues I'm having as stated its only since going to 004 was fine and everything working in 3.2 -037 build

bbbuk
01-05-16, 18:17
Did you do a fresh usb flash with, ideally, no restore of settings or plugins?

I'm having no issues on my solo2 using 4.1 004.

Is picon downloader/manager a plugin you manually installed or is available from feeds?

weirskynet
01-05-16, 18:37
Did you do a fresh usb flash with, ideally, no restore of settings or plugins?

I'm having no issues on my solo2 using 4.1 004.

Is picon downloader/manager a plugin you manually installed or is available from feeds?

yes fresh flash with no settings and plugins restored

icon downloader/manager is available from feeds also

bbbuk
01-05-16, 18:48
Ok thanks.

See post #2 in this (http://www.world-of-satellite.com/showthread.php?44054-How-to-take-screen-shots-How-to-attach-files) thread on how to attach crash logs.

Did the random crash start straight after flashing this version and installing your plugins or was it a while after?

Are you doing anything just before it crashes (trying to establish if there is a pattern)?

Andy_Hazza
01-05-16, 18:49
You need to click on the advance tab when you post to be able to upload your logs.

abu baniaz
01-05-16, 18:57
There are no logs in the logs inbox. Save logs to PC, then attach them to your post. I am going to merge your threads again. Please do not start another.

Best thing to do is to install image again. Do not restore anything. Do not install anything including anything at all, not cams, not skins, nothing at all! Run your receiver as FTA only. See how you go for 48 hours.

bbbuk
01-05-16, 19:25
There are no logs in the logs inbox. Save logs to PC, then attach them to your post. I am going to merge your threads again. Please do not start another.

Best thing to do is to install image again. Do not restore anything. Do not install anything including anything at all, not cams, not skins, nothing at all! Run your receiver as FTA only. See how you go for 48 hours.I agree with Abu. Then after this, install one plugin at a time and run for further 24hours or so.

How long you run test for depends on how often you had random crashes. If it was potentially every hours or so then run test only for 6 hours. If it only crashed once daily then run tests for 2 days. Basically, test twice as long as it would take before the crashes would happen!

I do think you would be safe with mgcamd 1.38 though but stay away from other plugins as mentioned.

This is only to narrow down what could be causing it because I have no problems on my solo2 using this image.

weirskynet
02-05-16, 01:18
I agree with Abu. Then after this, install one plugin at a time and run for further 24hours or so.

How long you run test for depends on how often you had random crashes. If it was potentially every hours or so then run test only for 6 hours. If it only crashed once daily then run tests for 2 days. Basically, test twice as long as it would take before the crashes would happen!

I do think you would be safe with mgcamd 1.38 though but stay away from other plugins as mentioned.

This is only to narrow down what could be causing it because I have no problems on my solo2 using this image.

and update being i have installed the VIX update from the feeds git something and version 4.1, was shown in the feeds earlier

no crashes as of yet but oscam doesn't seem to auto start when the box is in standby i need to go into menu and restart my cam

also i cant get any ftp access to the box ?

also how can i use mgcamd 1.38 I'm not sure how too use that i used to use cccam before version 2.3.0 but I'm using oscam now i noticed their is multiple choices for oscam in the feeds which one is best ?

judge
02-05-16, 03:18
and update being i have installed the VIX update from the feeds git something and version 4.1, was shown in the feeds earlier

no crashes as of yet but oscam doesn't seem to auto start when the box is in standby i need to go into menu and restart my cam

also i cant get any ftp access to the box ?

also how can i use mgcamd 1.38 I'm not sure how too use that i used to use cccam before version 2.3.0 but I'm using oscam now i noticed their is multiple choices for oscam in the feeds which one is best ?

Why don't you try doing what you're asked to do if you require support?
Are you sure the box isn't a clone?

weirskynet
02-05-16, 11:19
Why don't you try doing what you're asked to do if you require support?
Are you sure the box isn't a clone?

Yes positive genuine from world of satellite.co.uk site

Never any issues as I said the issues crashing have since stopped after I installed the vix 4.1 update from the feeds

Only thing I can get it to do now is connect to ftp I get an error which I posted above

Also Oscam needs to be restarted when box is in standby as it doesn't come back itself ?

Is their a way to get ftp back and have Oscam no stop and need restarting ?

abu baniaz
02-05-16, 11:33
The first thing to do is to find out what is causing the problem. That is going to be impossible if you keep changing what you are doing and not being explicit with your descriptions of what has been done.

Advice on what to do has been given to you. It was given in order to help you. You are free to disregard it as you see fit.

Whatever approach you to decide to use, explain your steps fully and be systematic in your quest. Change one thing at a time only. Keep the variables to a minimum.

Good luck.

weirskynet
02-05-16, 12:10
Ok i will go thru what i have done and attach the original crash log

i firstly installed vix 4.1 004 from usb and restored my plugins and settings

plugins were, bello skin, cccam 2.3.0, picon downloader,
after maybe about 10, 15 mins i would get a crash and would hit a reboot loop, so i attempted to
reinstall the software without the restore of plugins and such and setup fresh, this worked until again i attempted to install my plugins that i use then it crashed again

the above crash log was when i done it.

after that i thought maybe it was cccam, so i reinstalled it again and setup fresh without cccam and use oscam, switching config etc, this seemed to work until i receive an soft cam check error flash up on screen randomly as if it is checking the cam still runs and fails

i reinstalled a third time no restore and installed oscam latest r18 from feeds then bello skin , but this time i noted that in the feeds menu their was a vix section and a vix 4.1 gst plugin to be installed

i have installed this and low and behold my crashes have stopped over 24 hours no crashes or issues

the only issue I'm having is that i cant get access to ftp on the box any longer, all i get is this error when i try to connect from filezilla
Response: 500 OOPS: vsftpd: not found: directory given in 'secure_chroot_dir':/var/share/empty

in response to saying i can choose to disregard the help!, i haven't and the commands earlier i tried to post my crash logs but when u cant access the log via ftp and setting it to usb did work but then the device shows blank under mac os doesn't help, hence why i tried to post the screenshot errors at times. but i setup the logs to be emailed to me and the open vix server and when i posted earlier had the codes of the crash logs that were uploaded ?

the command and link to post to try the telnet command to epgrefresh i attempted and it never worked stated cant be found on server ?

the only reason I'm looking to get ftp access now is to try restore cccam as i stated oscam doesn't auto start i have to keep going to the plugin menu( blue button soft cam manger) to restart it when i resume the box from standby as it doesn't come back on, once it resumes everything seems to work fine no issues or crashes

i just cant get the oscam now to auto start, when on standby, also i have set the cam to autostart also in manager it still doesn't happen don't know if i need to change a setting as never really used oscam before. this is all i have done i haven't removed any additional system files or try to add anything so no sure why i can get access to ftp

here is the other crash log, only way i got the crashlogs as i set the settings to email my email address when it crashes so thankfully it done that!

hopes this helps, and as always i really appreciate the help that Everyone has given me, I'm a more hands on person so like to tinker if something doesn't work hence why have been trying a lot to get it working so apology if it seems off

abu baniaz
02-05-16, 12:19
What do you want to do? Only one answer please.

1. Stop crash and find out cause
2. Deal with softcam?

weirskynet
02-05-16, 12:22
What do you want to do? Only one answer please.

1. Stop crash and find out cause
2. Deal with softcam?

i already established that it wasn't crashing any longer.! (after installing the Vix 4.1 GST plugin update from feeds) don't know if it was missing files from the image but installing this seems to of fixed it, but cant get ftp access now

so i will have my issue as deal with soft cam, ftp!

abu baniaz
02-05-16, 12:41
If you install latest image, there cannot be any updates. Sorry, you are doing something wrong.

Download latest image and install the latest image. Do not restore anything. Latest image is 4.1 v 004

Otherwise, you are going to keep going round and round in circles.

weirskynet
02-05-16, 12:50
If you install latest image, there cannot be any updates. Sorry, you are doing something wrong.

Download latest image and install the latest image. Do not restore anything. Latest image is 4.1 v 004

Otherwise, you are going to keep going round and round in circles.

clearly you haven't read the crash logs which clearly state I'm on the latest version but again i will post images as Proof!!!

this was the plugin/update that was shown in the feeds section never noticed it in any version before this so thought it may be needed but it seems to of solved crash issues, only issues is that
my soft cam won't auto start when stand resume and i cant get ftp access to the box

abu baniaz
02-05-16, 13:06
Being on the latest image does not mean you flashed the latest image. Nor does it mean you did not restore something that could be causing a clash.

Good luck!

weirskynet
02-05-16, 13:12
Being on the latest image does not mean you flashed the latest image. Nor does it mean you did not restore something that could be causing a clash.

Good luck!

well how the hell can i install the latest image or flash the latest image when i \

DOWNLOAD THE LATEST FROM OPENVIX.CO.UK

http://www.openvix.co.uk/openvix-builds/Vu+Solo2/openvix-4.1.004.release-vusolo2_usb.zip

and flash it via usb!!!

IF this isn't installing the latest image or flashing the latest image then you have lost me and probably everyone else following this thread! i don't know how to install or flash the latest image then as clearly by your words the image on openvix that i linked directly to above is an outdated image

i posted the 2 images as proof that i am on the latest and i have already stated that i have flashed it fresh from the site also, and i have tested different software from blackhole, but them being on same oe setup and this one now I'm guessing it was plugins that could of been causing the crashes

so please explain to me how i can install and flash the latest image , and restore without plugins is by the sounds of it you feel that i haven't already tried this and don't know how to select the option when setting up the box to NOT RESTORE SETTINGS AND PLUGINS !

:mad:

weirskynet
02-05-16, 13:25
also I'm not an idiot I have had my box for years and have setup mines, friends and families boxes all VU kit bought from world of satellite site and haven't had any issues, but when i post for assistance on here, and i understand that sometimes i may not have explained myself properly or included crash logs, but as i stated i cant get access to them and have already emailed them to myself. If they sent to me then they would have sent to your crash log server also as i received them in my iCloud email.

But i don't appreciate the comments doubting what i have done beforehand like I'm a noob with little or no experience in using the box and bought it fresh ( clone comment)
, my box isn't a clone and by all means i can post the original receipt from years back when it cost me £310.

i was asking for assistance in my issues so that anyone else who may also have these issues on this software then know how to resolve it.

The crashes had seemed to stop, as i stated the image posted from the plugins menu with the vix core 4.1 gst update. Installing that along with the plugins seem to have stopped the crashes, so i update that as one that has been resolved for the time being, I'm maybe guessing that the plugins using different versions hence the crashes ??

so i update my post to state this, i don't sit and wait for a reply as i have knowledge of what I'm doing, from time to time, as i stated previously, i like to tinker with things and have been reading up on issues with soft cam on other forums also, hence why i moved to oscam with the assistance from another forum.

But the undermining of me by stating that I'm not doing something correctly offends me, I'm sorry if i sound snarky but you cant just expect every user of this forum who have issues to sit and wait for it to be resolved by others. If it happens again then they won't know what to do hence why i like to try different setups and different things myself to try getting it working, hell at one point i replaced the hard disk incase it was stalling and crashing!

But i don't like the comment insinuating that I'm lying about what i have already done!

once again I'm sorry if i have posted multiple updates and changes but as u need to be aware I'm not a novice user so can attempt things i already know for work arounds then if any issues still remain or if I'm stumped i ask for assistance and post what i can.

I still cant get access to the crash logs via usb or ftp as i cant get into ftp.

the only way i got it was, as i stated, by putting in my email address and getting it emailed it to me, but stated that the crash logs were also sent to yourself and cant be resent! so you should have them, think they might be under my username weirskynet!

Also i don't want you to stop taking part in the thread, I'm just annoyed that I'm being doubted that i have flashed fresh etc. I know i stated that at one point it could of been the skin as i stated that at the time i wasn't sure and the skin was the only thing installed apart from cccam.

but have since founds its prob cccam using older files that isn't compatible, again that is my assumption and not gospel.

@BBBUK

I can only apologise for the multiple threads, and i can see that the tinkering can have it's issues in life mostly does, but my tinkering has seemed to of stopped the issues with the crashes the vix plugin 4.1 gst from feeds seems to of resolved any issues with the crashes, and as i type this seems to of sorted the issues with the OSCAM not auto starting.

therefor my only remaining issue as i type this reply is the lack of FTP access to the box with this message below. and that i have OSCAM installed but when i goto remove plugins it doesn't show?

I'm sorry for the lack of info provided at the start, and I appreciate the help I was given at the start, other methods and things to try also.

Sorry to Abu, and others if i have seemed like an ass!
what is the latest OSCAM to use as i notice different version available in the feeds menu

abu baniaz
02-05-16, 13:27
There is no proof that someone has flashed the latest image and not restored anything. You are "guessing plugins was a problem", however, it was recommended to you not install anything and you still did. You even went so far as claiming that the skin was incompatible with the latest image.

My involvement in the forum is to help others and not cause upset. I shall no longer participate in this thread to avoid further upset.

bbbuk
02-05-16, 13:40
@weirskynet,

I'm sure you appreciate it works both ways. You had an issue with random crashes and clearly it's not common issue as I (and others) would also have it. You asked for assistance and it was offered by way of slowly trying to track down the culprit (being that a plugin or not).

You never gave that much info to start with, that I read/noticed anyhow. This left me (anyhow) to assume certain things like you had little experience/knowledge hence.

This was why it was suggested to try one plugin at a time (and test in between) from a fresh flash.

Before threads were merged there was little information for me to go from and I didn't know you also liked to tinker (I do too). You obviously realise this presents a problem as well.

Anyhow, see how it goes now then.

BTW, I have never had issue with mgcamd 138 or oscam-latest from feeds.

weirskynet
02-05-16, 13:52
@weirskynet,

I'm sure you appreciate it works both ways. You had an issue with random crashes and clearly it's not common issue as I (and others) would also have it. You asked for assistance and it was offered by way of slowly trying to track down the culprit (being that a plugin or not).

You never gave that much info to start with, that I read/noticed anyhow. This left me (anyhow) to assume certain things like you had little experience/knowledge hence.

This was why it was suggested to try one plugin at a time (and test in between) from a fresh flash.

Before threads were merged there was little information for me to go from and I didn't know you also liked to tinker (I do too). You obviously realise this presents a problem as well.

Anyhow, see how it goes now then.

BTW, I have never had issue with mgcamd 138 or oscam-latest from feeds.

have updated above BBBUK

weirskynet
02-05-16, 13:58
so like i said above i apologise to anyone who has helped me if i seemed off , i just work faster than replies come in from time to time so spent a day faffing about with box and different setups.

so Sorry to Abu, and others if i seemed like a newbie by the way i post, just trying to do too many things at once!:thumbs:

so the only issues that remain are!

no ftp to the box
and weirdly just checking, oscam doesn't show in plugins menu to remove ??

weirskynet
02-05-16, 15:31
had a read thru the forums and it seems like this ftp error could be related to network?

this was never diagnosed in this thread i found below
http://www.world-of-satellite.com/showthread.php?48395-VU-Solo-2-VIX-image-Hades-VIX-3-2-Crashing

this was similar error to what i was getting before , but have since diagnosed that cccam 2.3.0 was the culprit, but this user and others in the thread were having similar issues not being able to FTP to the box, was their ever a resolve for this one

PS, i connect my box hard wired ethernet into a cisco home networking plug that connects that way ?

weirskynet
02-05-16, 15:32
also when i try telnet

telnet> telnet 192.168.1.71
Trying 192.168.1.71...
telnet: connect to address 192.168.1.71: Connection refused
telnet: Unable to connect to remote host
telnet> but thats the correct address and my internet connect to box works as able to download plugins ?

Ashley69
02-05-16, 15:45
Is ftp enabled in the box network settings

weirskynet
02-05-16, 15:47
Is ftp enabled in the box network settings

yeah just checked, have stopped and restarted it with no joy also

Ashley69
02-05-16, 15:52
you haven't got a VPN running or changed your DNS settings. Might be worth a try.

weirskynet
02-05-16, 16:00
you haven't got a VPN running or changed your DNS settings. Might be worth a try.

err don't have vpn enabled and will check me dns settings

weirskynet
02-05-16, 16:07
nah still get these errors

on filezilla,

and this on telnet

telnet> telnet 192.168.1.71
Trying 192.168.1.71...
telnet: connect to address 192.168.1.71: Connection refused
telnet: Unable to connect to remote host
telnet>

have restarted network , resented the home network plugs, 3 other network cables come from it also,
have checked the home hub and nothing out the wrong their.

dns settings were just set to the router address of 192.168.1.254, so have amended them to googles open source ones 8.8.8.8, and 8.8.4.4 and restarted network and box

still same , might try fresh install this time and not install cccam and just use oscam and the picon downloader bello skin,

psykix
02-05-16, 16:31
Have a read of this thread :-

http://www.world-of-satellite.com/showthread.php?48395-VU-Solo-2-VIX-image-Hades-VIX-3-2-Crashing

Upshot seemed to be that the problem occurs when the receiver is plugged directly into the router. (I did only skim through though as it was 18 pages!)

Try a switch between the receiver and the router.

bbbuk
02-05-16, 16:35
What I do is have router reserve ip address for my solo2 so it always uses same ip address and then there is no messing around with settings on box.

As you say, just re-flash via usb with no restore of settings and install oscam-latest (from feeds) and download the skin you require from feeds. I would try to avoid other plugins for time being (including picon downloader - maybe manually download picons and FTP over to picon folder of wherever you wish to store picons).

Then setup ABM, crossepg (I'm assuming you're not storing anything on flash like epg) and try not to tinker (lol) for a good few days to ensure it remains stable with no problems then introduce one plugin at a time.

I have none of these problems on my solo2 which is connected via ethernet (homeplugs) with just oscam-latest installed a skin from feeds. I have no other plugins (either from feeds or manually installed).

weirskynet
02-05-16, 16:47
What I do is have router reserve ip address for my solo2 so it always uses same ip address and then there is no messing around with settings on box.

As you say, just re-flash via usb with no restore of settings and install oscam-latest (from feeds) and download the skin you require from feeds. I would try to avoid other plugins for time being (including picon downloader - maybe manually download picons and FTP over to picon folder of wherever you wish to store picons).

Then setup ABM, crossepg (I'm assuming you're not storing anything on flash like epg) and try not to tinker (lol) for a good few days to ensure it remains stable with no problems then introduce one plugin at a time.

I have none of these problems on my solo2 which is connected via ethernet (homeplugs) with just oscam-latest installed a skin from feeds. I have no other plugins (either from feeds or manually installed).

yeah have reserved the ip address 192.168.1.71 for my solo2 so no need to mess with settings either

i think its been i originally tried to setup from cccam 2.30 which is broken i feel, but since switched to oscam latest and its working good no issues , so will reset flash new again setup as new then install latest oscam and bello skin

will setup abm and egg its always stored to hdd never flash as that would kill it lol

and see how i get on, its weird tho as nobody can replicate it but different folks have had similar issues before

ccs
02-05-16, 17:10
I'd try ftp and telnet straight after reflashing, before you install/do anything else, if you haven't already.

weirskynet
02-05-16, 17:14
I'd try ftp and telnet straight after reflashing, before you install/do anything else, if you haven't already.

yeah gonna try that haven't refreshed yet , food break lol but will try and post results shortly

thanks

weirskynet
02-05-16, 18:44
update on before

reflash just now and its currently scanning for channels, but as a plus point i can get ftp access and telnet access as network is up again ?

so maybe corrupted files before, will only install oscam this time and not cccam

weirskynet
02-05-16, 18:49
whats the latest oscam from the feeds as their is 4 on the feeds as far as i remembered ?

psykix
02-05-16, 18:56
Latest version is r1125

ccs
02-05-16, 19:29
reflash just now and its currently scanning for channels, but as a plus point i can get ftp access and telnet access as network is up again ? Keep an eye on FTP, check it out after each step you take, in case it goes wrong again.

weirskynet
02-05-16, 19:36
Keep an eye on FTP, check it out after each step you take, in case it goes wrong again.

ok update so far, have refreshed and scanned for channels all successful

1. Installed oscam latest from feeds
2. installed bello skins from feeds
3. set ABM up
4. SET EPG to hard disk and downloaded

i check ftp and rebooted box after this and all well no issues and can still connect to ftp

5. installed Picon downloader/Manager
6. checked ftp access and its still their

so far so good if picon manager downloads correctly and no issues that will be all i require, would try kodi but as far as I'm aware it currently doesn't play any sound? no sure if that is still the case

but so far so good folks seems to be back to normal, no network issues or crashes yet

im putting it down to using cccam 2.3.0 previously as its really outdated and not maintained so possible older files were corrupting newer ones ? no sure but nothing like this has happened since using oscam

will keep y'all posted cheers troops!

weirskynet
02-05-16, 20:11
so wee update picon downloader finished

have been watching away fine now no issues or crashes at all and box been restarted and still have ftp access and telnet access also.

so anyone else having similar issues make sure your not using cccam 2.3.0 if so swap it for oscam. works a treat and issues for now are resolved fully!

Thanks to all who helped, i know i was an arse at times but when my gadgets go down i get cranky lol!

:cool:

bbbuk
02-05-16, 20:39
Keep an eye on it and try not to install any other plugins for a day or so.

I'm surprised it, so far, appears to be cccam 230. This plugin hasn't changed in a very long time but if it is cccam then I guess it could be a library file not getting on very well with this version of vix.

weirskynet
02-05-16, 22:06
Yeah as I have even installed kodi to try it , too buggy currently lol

But still no crashes and still have access to ftp and telnet

So yeah I'm guessing it's a library issue with cccam 2.3.0 as its not been updated for years

Weirskynet
VU+ Solo 2

ccs
02-05-16, 22:11
A bit late now maybe, but I would have taken an image backup before trying out other plugins, so that if it does fail, you can get back to a working version very easily.

weirskynet
02-05-16, 22:12
Straight ahead of you their ccs

I already took an image backup lol first thing I done ;)

Weirskynet
VU+ Solo 2

ccs
02-05-16, 22:15
:thumbsup:

weirskynet
02-05-16, 22:16
But aye , seems like it all stemmed from cccam 2.3.0

So now on oscam and all running smoothly ;)

Weirskynet
VU+ Solo 2

Andy_Hazza
03-05-16, 14:57
Kodi working fine for me on various Vu+ boxes, also with The Beast installed.

weirskynet
03-05-16, 17:48
Was working just had issues with 1080p playback , 720 worked fine tho

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

weirskynet
03-05-16, 17:50
But using a raspberry pi2 for kodi the now was testing the solo2 to see if hvec h265 streams work, sadly they don't

snootyfox
04-05-16, 13:44
Kodi working fine for me on various Vu+ boxes, also with The Beast installed.

Hi @Andy_Hazza, I have a Solo2 with the latest VIX image installed. I also have the VUplus Kodi plugin installed. I have just installed 'The Beast' as you have said you have it running without issues. My problem is that I have sound but no picture whenever I try to run a movie/program from the addons. Whenever I try to exit, the system freezes and I have to restart the box. Help to resolve this issue would be greatly appreciated :)

daz450
04-05-16, 23:05
Same happens with mine, I found that if you start kodi then leave it for 5 mins for addons to update then open an addon all works fine.

weirskynet
04-05-16, 23:06
Anyone able to stream 1080p tho

snootyfox
09-05-16, 11:53
Same happens with mine, I found that if you start kodi then leave it for 5 mins for addons to update then open an addon all works fine.

Tried that daz450 but no joy :mad: Still waiting for Andy_Hazzar to give his tuppence worth:D

Andy_Hazza
09-05-16, 12:37
Hi @Andy_Hazza, I have a Solo2 with the latest VIX image installed. I also have the VUplus Kodi plugin installed. I have just installed 'The Beast' as you have said you have it running without issues. My problem is that I have sound but no picture whenever I try to run a movie/program from the addons. Whenever I try to exit, the system freezes and I have to restart the box. Help to resolve this issue would be greatly appreciated :)

Aup. Sorry I've overlooked this post.
1/ I installed 'The Beast' via the spartan wizard (http://spartanpixel.net/repo), shouldn't make any difference I would have thought.
2/ The sound/no picture issue doeshappen sometimes. This can be overcome though. Just press the stop button to stop the stream, then try the stream again. This is cos we have Multi Refresh rate set in our a/v settings (ViX settings not Kodi), a known driver issue on the Vu+ Solo 4K.
3/ When exiting Kodi, you are doing this via the 'Power' menu option and using the 'Quit' tab yeah?
4/ Every now n then do a clear cache via one of the menu options in Kodi. It might be under the Video tab or System tab, not sure as I'm not home at the mo. DO NOT DELETE CACHE as this will delete The Beast. Using CLEAR CACHE is fine and advisable to use from time to time.

Hope this helps. [emoji4]