PDA

View Full Version : Tuner B fault

danm14
28-04-16, 11:57
Hi,
I purchased an Edision OS-mini (not from World of Satellite, for the record) which has a fault in Tuner B. The signal on Tuner B is so low that a number of channels are unwatchable, and almost every channel is unwatchable in poor weather. At all times, the signal is perfect on Tuner A. Is this a known fault with the Edision OS-mini, or is it just one bad unit? I received the Edision OS-mini in exchange for a different faulty box, so I'm getting the impression that the company is selling faulty products.

Daniel

Ashley69
28-04-16, 12:44
Have you tried switching the cable over from B to A to eliminate the cable or connector being faulty

Andy_Hazza
28-04-16, 13:35
Sounds very much like its an issue your end, especially given you have returned another receiver back and the same is happening with your new one.
I'm guessing your feed to Tuner B is flakey.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

danm14
28-04-16, 16:28
Sorry, I was incredibly unclear in the original post - the first receiver was an Amiko Alien 2, which had perfect signal on both inputs, the problem was relating to lipsync and picture quality.
I've tried swapping the feeds to both tuners, the signal is the same on each tuner regardless of feed, for example on one particular transponder SNR 91, AGC 88, BER 0 on Tuner A; flickering between NO LOCK and SNR 48, AGC 73, BER over 1000 on Tuner B

The seller has told me that 'perhaps the second tuner is just a bit less sensitive than the first', but surely I should be able to receive all channels on both tuners, especially with such strong signal on Tuner A??? Even Channel 5 has an SNR of <60% (SNR 99-100% on Tuner A), which is considered the strongest transponder at 28.2E