PDA

View Full Version : VU + Solo 4K and Scandinavian Canal Digital?

olddroid59
27-04-16, 20:44
I just ordered a VU + Solo 4K. I'll use it with a Sat CR LNB on 1 west, and quad-LNB's on 5, 13 and 19.2 east. I watch 1 west 99.9 % of the time, so as far as I understand, with a Sat CR LNB, I'll be able to record a lot of programs simultaneous...? The plan is 1 west Sat CR LNB on input one, and 5, 13 and 19.2 west on input 2 from a 4-way switch.
Any Scandinavians using Solo 4K for Canal Digital? No problem with softcam and card? CCCam or OScam) I have used OpenPLI for years, and I'm not sure if this is the best for 4K Solo to...?

Andy_Hazza
27-04-16, 21:56
No problem with softcam and card? CCCam or OScam)

Can only use Oscam.

olddroid59
27-04-16, 22:52
Thanks! What about image? As I said, I have mostly used OpenPLI. Is this good on 4K to?

twol
28-04-16, 06:27
My view based on reading the Openpli forum and other image forums based on the OE-A, OpenPli depend on and are limited by the manufacturers drivers in their BSP layer, whereas the OE-A use software to overcome the issues and deficiencies of the 4K's hardware :)
So in theory the OE-A images should benefit the 4K.

Andy_Hazza
28-04-16, 08:08
Thanks! What about image? As I said, I have mostly used OpenPLI. Is this good on 4K to?

I have tried Blackhole, OpenPLi, OpenATV and imo OpenViX wee wee's all over them. ViX is a quality image, pleasing to the eye and has fantastic support. [emoji4]

twol
28-04-16, 08:12
I have tried Blackhole, OpenPLi, OpenATV and imo OpenViX wee wee's all over them. ViX is a quality image, pleasing to the eye and has fantastic support. [emoji4]

Have to say (forgetting about the 4K) I totally agree with Andy, I have even gone as far as building a ViX image for non supported receivers - its the most complete image :)

olddroid59
28-04-16, 17:37
Open ViX = ViX...?

Andy_Hazza
28-04-16, 17:49
Open ViX = ViX...?

That is correct.

twol
28-04-16, 18:19
Open ViX = ViX...?

Yep - I should have said OpenViX:)

olddroid59
30-04-16, 04:08
I'm getting my 4K on monday. I have just been reading something about the oscam here, and as far as I can see, it's not "plug and play"? I'm a bit old, and have "problems in my head", so I hope it's not that difficult to get it started...? Can't have a box without a working CD-card here in scandinavia...