PDA

View Full Version : [TM-TWIN-OE] Struggling to boot up after updating to 4.1 004

nirmies
27-04-16, 13:58
I was on 4.1 001 and had flashing green light to tell me a update was available.

I always use image manager to upgrade unless I have more time to play about then I will usb method.

Using image manager flash went ok but settings would not restore and in the end used usb method.

My problem is when the box was booting up from deep standby I would get spinning vix freezing in corner and the %bar would get stuck on 90% or 91%.

I would have to power down and try again and it would fail again and repeat the process and the odd time it would work. The same happened today and logs for yesterday and today attached.

At the moment box has booted up all the way and watching a FTA channel and all seems ok have not tried to shut down and power up yet.

Andy_Hazza
27-04-16, 16:41
You only needed to update via Menu > Setup > Software Update. [emoji4]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Andy_Hazza
27-04-16, 16:45
Also seeing you have a Technomate Twin receiver, I recommend you have a swap file setup on your hdd. To set this up press Blue Button > ViX > Swap Manager and then the Blue Button to create and I would go with the 256MB option. When the swap file has been created press the yellow button to Enable then the green button to Autostart or vice versa.

abu baniaz
27-04-16, 17:24
There were some driver updates for the TMs.

Your statement betwenn image.manager USb is confusing. Flashing/installing image by USB or Image Manager is the same thing. You are installing an image. Restoring settings/plugins is a separate process. That procoess is the same whether you flashed by USB or flashed by Image Manager.

Might be an idea to re-install image, do not restore settings or plugins. If the issue persists/still exists, findings can be forwarded to TM.

robti
27-04-16, 19:29
Have the same problem spinning fix at 92% tried a fresh flash off a usb but same result as the couch method, not had time to investigate further

abu baniaz
27-04-16, 19:36
if you can say exact steps taken that lead to problem, we can ask TM to investigate

nirmies
27-04-16, 21:56
You only needed to update via Menu > Setup > Software Update. [emoji4]

Thanks for the reply. I know of that method but when I was thinking of doing it that way in brackets it said (reflash recommended) or something like that. So I decided to use image manager. I assume thats what the message meant?

nirmies
27-04-16, 21:56
Also seeing you have a Technomate Twin receiver, I recommend you have a swap file setup on your hdd. To set this up press Blue Button > ViX > Swap Manager and then the Blue Button to create and I would go with the 256MB option. When the swap file has been created press the yellow button to Enable then the green button to Autostart or vice versa.

Swap file of that size is already set up.

nirmies
27-04-16, 21:59
There were some driver updates for the TMs.

Your statement betwenn image.manager USb is confusing. Flashing/installing image by USB or Image Manager is the same thing. You are installing an image. Restoring settings/plugins is a separate process. That procoess is the same whether you flashed by USB or flashed by Image Manager.

Might be an idea to re-install image, do not restore settings or plugins. If the issue persists/still exists, findings can be forwarded to TM.

Thanks for the reply. Sorry for the confusion. I tried by image manager but had the same problem so tried via USB but the problem still persisted. Box has been on all day so I guess tomorrow after being in deep standby overnight we will see if the same problem occurs.

nirmies
28-04-16, 12:08
Trying to do a fresh usb flash straight to 004 and once it booted to where you set user interface settings for screen size etc it froze with spinning vix.

After rebooting box numerous times on %bar it's stuck at 49% 97%. Tried at least 5 times now so I've decided to revert to 001 which was rock solid.

abu baniaz
28-04-16, 16:35
I have emailed, sent a skype message and also sent a text message to Technomate.

nirmies
28-04-16, 17:36
Thanks abu. Currently running 001 when i get time tonight I'm going to try couch flash and see how it goes.

Just to confirm when i press menu....setup....software update.....it shows (173 updates packages available) Reflash recommended!

I assume this means it is recommend flash via image manager or usb and not via software update due to the amount of updates.

Andy_Hazza
28-04-16, 17:52
Thanks abu. Currently running 001 when i get time tonight I'm going to try couch flash and see how it goes.

Just to confirm when i press menu....setup....software update.....it shows (173 updates packages available) Reflash recommended!

I assume this means it is recommend flash via image manager or usb and not via software update due to the amount of updates.

When it shows xxx updates in menu > setup > software updates you can just update no need to reflash!

abu baniaz
28-04-16, 17:55
If you update, you will be back to 004 which has the new drivers. As a couple of you are having issues with it, best to stay on 001 for now.

I have also spoken to the chap at TM. He will conduct some tests. He asked if the 4D image was exhibiting the same problem. I no longer have the Twin, so can't test.

Andy_Hazza
28-04-16, 17:57
Yeah I understand Abu, I was just telling him when updates appear no need to keep fresh flashing. [emoji4]

abu baniaz
28-04-16, 17:59
Yeah I understand Abu, I was just telling him when updates appear no need to keep fresh flashing. [emoji4]

I started typing before your post.

TK4|2|1
01-05-16, 20:06
I don't think this is just related to the twin, I have a TM-2T. Today I updated to 4.1 build 004, using the image manager. Box would only load past 49%, so I tried a usb flash, box booted to 89% and froze. I switched off at rear rocker switch and box loaded all the way.
If I perform a gui reboot, box will hang at 89% every time. If I power off at rear rocker, it will load fine.
I've just enabled debug, so I'll see if I can get you some logs.

abu baniaz
01-05-16, 20:17
It is all the 7335 chipset TM receivers. There was a driver update, but an image build has not been run. If I upload drivers, can you test?

TK4|2|1
01-05-16, 21:11
It is all the 7335 chipset TM receivers. There was a driver update, but an image build has not been run. If I upload drivers, can you test?

Sure, just give me instruction on what to do with them.

abu baniaz
01-05-16, 21:39
Ensure that you are on 4.1 004 image, this has the troublesome drivers.

Halt enigma2 with command "init 4"
Download and extract the attached drivers.
The drivers are called "bcmlinuxdvb.ko". Follow the file path and replace the existing ones. /lib/modules/3.9.7/extra/
Reboot receiver with "init 6" command.

Please post back with confirmation if problem is fixed. The attached drivers are not for the twin

abu baniaz
02-05-16, 00:19
These are drivers for the Twin, should anyone wish to test. Instructions same as above.

abu baniaz
02-05-16, 00:21
I have edited title. Saying "Latest" is very vague.

TK4|2|1
02-05-16, 07:49
Ensure that you are on 4.1 004 image, this has the troublesome drivers.

Halt enigma2 with command "init 4"
Download and extract the attached drivers.
The drivers are called "bcmlinuxdvb.ko". Follow the file path and replace the existing ones. /lib/modules/3.9.7/extra/
Reboot receiver with "init 6" command.

Please post back with confirmation if problem is fixed. The attached drivers are not for the twin

The file that already exists is named differently to the file you uploaded, do I need to rename it to match before I upload it to my box? "bcmlinuxdvb_tm2t.ko" not "bcmlinuxdvb.ko"

abu baniaz
02-05-16, 08:01
yes, rename please.

TK4|2|1
02-05-16, 08:27
Yes driver seems good. Receiver restarted from init 6 command. Restarted gui, restarted fine, so yeah, I'd say all good.