PDA

View Full Version : Internal HDD HELP! (Pls)

Karlosk
27-04-16, 11:22
Hi,

I recently purchased a second hand Vu duo with 500gb internal hdd for a friend, I've flashed the latest vix, autobpuquets and crossepg. But over night it has crashed and lost the epg, then when I tried to run the cross epg again it states there was no epg database.

So I reflashed vix, factory reset, and then set everything up again but now it isn't recognising the internal HDD so I can't save any epg data or recordings.

Does anybody have a guide or advise as to what I could do to try get the box to recognise the internal HDD again?

Or does it sound like the box if faulty and I should ask for a refund?

I'm a beginner(ish) so if I've missed any vital info off please let me know.

Any help would be greatly appreciated

Thanks

bellejt
27-04-16, 11:57
does your box see the HDD ? If so you need to mount it.If it doesn't see HDD try uncoupling and recoupling HDD and formatting it.

Karlosk
27-04-16, 13:25
Thanks for your reply. It's not seeing the HDD. I'm a bit of a beginner, how do I recouple and format if its built in HDD.

Andy_Hazza
27-04-16, 13:28
If you go to Menu > Setup > System > Storage Devices, is the hdd showing? You can initialise the hdd if recognised here too.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Karlosk
27-04-16, 17:52
No unfortunately it is not showing there

bellejt
27-04-16, 18:04
you need to open the box en just uncouple the connector from HDD.Restart box and shut it down again.Then couple HDD again an restart box.Hopefully now the box finds your HDD and will ask to format it after restart.

Karlosk
27-04-16, 18:16
Cheers for that I'll try it when I get home. This is going to sound like a stupid question but I have never opened a box before. Do you know roughly where he HDD is and the connector I need to disconnect. Or will it be quite obvious when I look at it.

Thanks for your help :)

bellejt
27-04-16, 18:36
will be quit visible.Screws on the side and back off the box.Open carrefully by lifting and see the connector.

Karlosk
27-04-16, 22:42
Finally home to try. Plugged box back in and it had the hdd showing when I went into the storage devices options so I selected initialisation and it prompted an error code 1 message. Tried again and it came up with a crash log.

Storage device option then disappeared from the menu so I went into mount manager and select mount but nothing happened and the box started making a scratching spinning type noise so I shut it down and turned it off.

Just turned it back on and storage device option is again missing in the setup. Any suggestions on my next move? Should I. Open it up and disconnect the hdd like you said earlier.

Thanks in advance

Andy_Hazza
28-04-16, 05:42
Sounds like the hdd is on its way out.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

bellejt
28-04-16, 10:23
also think that he has got his best years behind him.