PDA

View Full Version : VU+ Kodi (Main Menu)

smith_rob
27-04-16, 09:25
Hi Guys,
Is there anyway to add the Kodi Launcher for the VU+ boxes to the main menu on the Vix Image instead of going to plugins?
ive tried changing the plugin.py to this

def Plugins(**kwargs):
l = []
l.append(PluginDescriptor(where=PluginDescriptor.W HERE_SESSIONSTART, fnc=session_start_main))
l.append(PluginDescriptor(name=_("Kodi Launcher"), description=_("start kodi(formerly known as XBMC) mediacenter"), where=PluginDescriptor.WHERE_PLUGINMENU, fnc=plugin_start_xbmc))
return l

to

def Plugins(**kwargs):
l = []
l.append(PluginDescriptor(where=PluginDescriptor.W HERE_SESSIONSTART, fnc=session_start_main))
l.append(PluginDescriptor(name=_("Kodi"), description=_("start Kodi"), where=PluginDescriptor.WHERE_MENU, fnc=plugin_start_xbmc))
return l

but it just crashes my box when loading up the main menu, can someone help with the edit or point me in the right direction.

Many Thanks

Trial
27-04-16, 09:51
Hi,
I put Kodi on long PVR with button setup which is much faster.

ciao

rossi2000
27-04-16, 09:53
or long press blue to get to plugins screen?

still only 1 button press :)

Trial
27-04-16, 14:25
Hi rossi,
my method is faster:-)

Ralf

smith_rob
27-04-16, 14:38
I will probably set it up as i button press as well, but if it can be done id like it in the main menu as well i know im awkward

Andy_Hazza
27-04-16, 14:43
Hi,

ciao

Hi Trial, How have you done this please. Can it be done on a Vu+ remote? [emoji4]

Trial
27-04-16, 15:17
Hi Andy,
why not. I am not sure which button it is on the original remote. I called it PVR because so it is labeled on my Harmony. It is the button which normally opens the recordings. You configure long Recordings in button setup with Kodi Launcher Plugin. I use this button because recording list and Kodi have similar meanings and I can easily remember.

Ralf

Andy_Hazza
27-04-16, 16:08
Oh right got ya. I'll look at that tonight. [emoji4]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

DaMacFunkin
27-04-16, 17:23
I will probably set it up as i button press as well, but if it can be done id like it in the main menu as well i know im awkward

The way I understand it is this, VU+ are the ones that would need to add the permission for it to be on the main menu page or on the blue button, other people could add this option but won't because they don't want to mess with it in case it causes other problems, best just to keep the plug in exactly how VU+ publish it... Don't forget there are a lot of hacks and patches gone onto making that work.

rossi2000
27-04-16, 18:55
a patch could be made to patch the plugin.py to allow main menu access.

smith_rob
27-04-16, 18:59
a patch could be made to patch the plugin.py to allow main menu access.

Yeah I've tried editing it, by looking a other plugin menu posts and they edited the plugin.py so I gave it ago as per my first post but with no luck

rossi2000
27-04-16, 19:08
you didnt fully edit the file, there is abit more required to do what u want.

smith_rob
27-04-16, 19:27
you didnt fully edit the file, there is abit more required to do what u want.

Mind pointing us in the right direction?

rossi2000
27-04-16, 19:37
i would if could remember.
id need to find some old files on here with the code in which i gave to someone along time ago for other plugins

smith_rob
27-04-16, 19:48
this is the one i tried to copy
https://www.dropbox.com/s/zn3vbbfiw3ield5/plugin.rar?dl=0

rossi2000
27-04-16, 19:50
upload the kodi plugin.py

smith_rob
27-04-16, 19:58
kodi plugin.py
https://www.dropbox.com/s/dqp7i2y5xgb6i7u/plugin.py?dl=0

rossi2000
27-04-16, 20:17
try the attached

make sure to backup the original first.

might not work

smith_rob
27-04-16, 21:12
Dont think that worked, didnt show up in menu and when i go to plugins it comes up with an error saying

Warning
Some plugins are not available:
Extensions/Kodi (unexpected indent (plugin.py,line 226))

Trial
28-04-16, 07:42
Hi,
look into line 226 there is 1 intend to much.

ciao

smith_rob
28-04-16, 21:05
Ok Guys managed to get this working with a lot of trial and error, if anyone wants it here you go
https://www.dropbox.com/s/dja3ou65omrtq2o/Kodi%20Main%20Menu%20plugin.zip?dl=0

Original
---------

def Plugins(**kwargs):
l = []
l.append(PluginDescriptor(name=_("Kodi Launcher"), description=_("start kodi(formerly known as XBMC) mediacenter"), where=PluginDescriptor.WHERE_PLUGINMENU, fnc=plugin_start_xbmc))
return l

Edited
--------

def main(session, **kwargs):
dvbapp_unlock()
session.open(XBMCLauncher)

def menu(menuid, **kwargs):
if menuid == "mainmenu":
return [(_("Kodi"), main, "Kodi", 44)]
return []

def Plugins(**kwargs):
l = []
l.append(PluginDescriptor(name=_("Kodi Launcher"), description=_("Start Kodi mediacenter"), where=PluginDescriptor.WHERE_PLUGINMENU, fnc=plugin_start_xbmc))
l.append(PluginDescriptor(name= ("Kodi"), description= ("Kodi"), where =PluginDescriptor.WHERE_MENU, fnc=menu))
return l

looking at it now i can see where i was going wrong, and what each append was referencing.

mskhan01
28-04-16, 21:27
Ok Guys managed to get this working with a lot of trial and error, if anyone wants it here you go
https://www.dropbox.com/s/dja3ou65omrtq2o/Kodi%20Main%20Menu%20plugin.zip?dl=0

Original
---------

def Plugins(**kwargs):
l = []
return l

Edited
--------

def main(session, **kwargs):
dvbapp_unlock()
session.open(XBMCLauncher)

def menu(menuid, **kwargs):
if menuid == "mainmenu":
return [(_("Kodi"), main, "Kodi", 44)]
return []

def Plugins(**kwargs):
l = []
l.append(PluginDescriptor(name=_("Kodi Launcher"), description=_("Start Kodi mediacenter"), where=PluginDescriptor.WHERE_PLUGINMENU, fnc=plugin_start_xbmc))
l.append(PluginDescriptor(name= ("Kodi"), description= ("Kodi"), where =PluginDescriptor.WHERE_MENU, fnc=menu))
return l

looking at it now i can see where i was going wrong, and what each append was referencing.

May I ask where will this file go?

mskhan01
28-04-16, 21:28
Tried plugins folder......not the same file?

smith_rob
28-04-16, 21:29
/usr/lib/enigma2/python/Plugins/Extensions/Kodi

Just backup the original first just in case

smith_rob
28-04-16, 21:51
Tried plugins folder......not the same file?

What image are you using? It's the plugin.py file you need to swap then restart the gui

mskhan01
28-04-16, 22:22
What image are you using? It's the plugin.py file you need to swap then restart the gui

Sorted mate, I had to swap the file in Plugins/Extensions/Kodi folder, not just the Plugins folder

satmanbasil
29-04-16, 13:49
Hi

I know there is a problem with vu-kodi with skin can you also confirm if there is a problem with navi x as this reports an error to making ref to log not sure where that will be have seen kodi files but none relate to navi-x
I double checked to see if it was a problem with navi but all is well on my firestick and androids

satmanbasil
03-05-16, 20:45
Bump

Anyone else having this problem I have tried on a number of skins with the same result yet all is ok with navi x on the firestick and android so not a connection problem

smith_rob
03-05-16, 20:47
This thread is nothing to do with the things you are talking about this thread is for putting Kodi on the main menu instead of in the plugin menu, I suggest posting else where

sataday
04-05-16, 16:54
Hi,

ciao

Excellent tip!
I've configured my solo2 as suggested. One long press and your straight in kodi.
Cheers Trial.

mross
04-05-16, 19:42
Wish I knew how to install and run kodi on my VU+ Solo 2. Pure amateur I am :(

Ashley69
04-05-16, 19:50
Download it from the plugins menu. (VUplus Kodi)

Trial
05-05-16, 07:51
Hi,
that is why we added long pvr to ViX:-)

ciao

harkan
24-01-17, 12:42
Hi friends I bought UNO4K and installed OpenVix software, how to take photo in kodi please help me

Andy_Hazza
24-01-17, 13:20
Taking photo's? Do you mean via OpenWebIf? If so, don't think you can.

harkan
24-01-17, 15:00
Taking photo's? Do you mean via OpenWebIf? If so, don't think you can.

No openwebif il, i am talking about taking pictures while the kodi launcher is open

stephentg
02-03-17, 16:31
Can any one help. I am on openvix 4.2 using vu duo 2. Had to delete kodi plugin, but when I went to down load the plugin, I cannot not find it in the extensions. Has it been taken off. I this a massage saying 52975

danny121pt
02-03-17, 16:45
Hi friends I bought UNO4K and installed OpenVix software, how to take photo in kodi please help me

Can only screenshot from webif on Kodi if you use an external player like mediaplayer, then can screenshot the media playing, but not actually inside kodi i.e menus.

Trial
02-03-17, 20:01
Hi stephentg,
XBMCAddons has nothing to do with Kodi. It is a plugin which allows some XBMC Addons to run with Enigma2.

ciao

Dream1
15-04-17, 16:55
This dosnt work for kodi 17,anyone got a file for it thanks

smith_rob
18-04-17, 23:38
This dosnt work for kodi 17,anyone got a file for it thanks

Try this plugin.py
https://www.dropbox.com/s/fmzpe3t4opys9kq/plugin.py?dl=0

should work with the new kodi to bring it back to main menu