PDA

View Full Version : Subtitle lag with openvix 3.2.010 + video freeze problem

Tassie Devil
24-04-16, 23:59
At 80 I have a hearing disability so subtitles are (unfortunately) necessary. However there is an irritating one second lag in those subtitles although any embedded one (translations of foreign language in text on screen) are fine. I have a different satellite receiver in which the synchronization is spot on so it is not a problem with the broadcast. However I prefer the Vu+Solo2 for use but cannot see where to it set up to fix this subtitle issue.

I also have another unrelated problem. At times, after a skip or FF, the sound is fine but the video is locked up so another FF or two can be required to bring back the video. I wondered if this is a problem with the HDD rather than the Vu+ as it also occurred with the previous openvix software.

Any help would be most appreciated but please bear in mind I'm a newbie compared to most of you so please give me detailed suggestions.

TIA

John

Tassie Devil
25-04-16, 01:46
SUBTITLE PROBLEM SOLVED - so simple. Easily fixed in the subtitle menu!! Apologies for being so dumb!!

But suggestions re the video freeze would be appreciated.

John

Tassie Devil
25-04-16, 01:48
A double post!!

wiseowl
26-04-16, 10:17
I have the freeze problem but only when watching programmes which I have recorded. The video will occasionally freeze but the sound continues.I have to stop the playback and then resume to get the video back. It's an annoying problem.

Tassie Devil
26-04-16, 13:39
I have the freeze problem but only when watching programmes which I have recorded. The video will occasionally freeze but the sound continues.I have to stop the playback and then resume to get the video back. It's an annoying problem.

Thank you wiseowl. I agree it is annoying and it does seem to be a VIX problem not an HDD or processor one. Like you I have to stop, either skip or FF to regain the video and sometimes have to do it more than once. Tonight was not too bad as it only occurred once but I cannot see why it is a random fault.