PDA

View Full Version : Edison Coax HD Distribution

thejoker
24-04-16, 21:29
I want to distribute HD around my home using my existing coaxial wiring. I have a 8 way coaxial splitter distributing sky to all my rooms and have magic eyes in each room so i can change the channel.

Ive seen the edison coax hd distributor but not sure if this allows magic eyes to be used. And if it doesn't is there a way round it or a different system that allows it.

adm
24-04-16, 23:06
The Edision coax system appears to be a 50 ohm system so feeding your existing 75 ohm cables/splitters/TV may result in a lot of reflections leading to a seriously degraded picture.

Sicilian
25-04-16, 06:11
The Edision coax system appears to be a 50 ohm system so feeding your existing 75 ohm cables/splitters/TV may result in a lot of reflections leading to a seriously degraded picture.

:confused::rolleyes: Have you actually tested and used one of these? Bit of a bold statement... Its actually 'seriously' good :) Using one my self to pump round full HD CCTV feed to all tv's around my home. Tested it with with set top box before connecting to my CCTV system, excellent with that too.

adm
25-04-16, 19:35
:confused::rolleyes: Have you actually tested and used one of these?.

No but as long term electronics designer, including video, theory and real world experience tells me that a 50/75 ohm mismatch is not a good idea.

thejoker
26-04-16, 00:20
Do magic eyes work with these systems?