PDA

View Full Version : [VU+ Solo2] openvix 4.0.04

paul216
24-04-16, 14:46
does any1 know if the lastest vix 4.1.004 update fixes the no audio on some kodi addons,

Andy_Hazza
24-04-16, 16:09
does any1 know if the lastest vix 4.1.004 update fixes the no audio on some kodi addons,

Try for yourself by updating. [emoji1360]

paul216
24-04-16, 16:58
ok will give a go thanks

Willmoore
24-04-16, 17:09
No, there are still issues. I would have thought it is a VU problem not Vix.

DaMacFunkin
24-04-16, 17:18
Well only VU+ could provide a solution, but they probably won't, and why should they try and support every sub and none standard audio encoded stream out there.
P.s. Peeps experiencing this problem have you tried bit streaming to an amp or setting all audio to output as PCM?

ctbc
24-04-16, 17:23

Which add-ons have no sound for you ?

Willmoore
24-04-16, 17:31
Music>MP3 streams for me

Bazzer
24-04-16, 19:07
No, there are still issues. I would have thought it is a VU problem not Vix.

Hi willmoore , I just can't work out why you want it on your STB. Ok I understand about having everything in one place but that is the only advantage in my eyes only.I was surprised it ended up in Vix if nobody is going to fix solutions ie Vu.I was looking forward to seeing it arrive for the Mutant but afraid it's a no no from me and I will stick with my Firestick.

ctbc
24-04-16, 19:36
Music>MP3 streams for me

I am no expert but I would guess its a problem with that particular add-on, nothing wrong with Kodi, VU or Vix

Drop a line to Mr. Mister, he has his own build "orroo" , he would be better qualified to answer

Willmoore
24-04-16, 19:57
Hi willmoore , I just can't work out why you want it on your STB. Ok I understand about having everything in one place but that is the only advantage in my eyes only.I was surprised it ended up in Vix if nobody is going to fix solutions ie Vu.I was looking forward to seeing it arrive for the Mutant but afraid it's a no no from me and I will stick with my Firestick.
I'm just playing about with it because it's there. I'm with you Bazzer I'll stick with my AFTV and stick - it's much quicker to get from TV to stick and back again. With the VU you have to fire Kodi up and shut it down each time. Also, the Amazon remote is much more user friendly. Having said that, it's a great addition to the VU and if you don't have any other means of accessing Kodi it's a real bonus.

Willmoore
24-04-16, 20:05
I am no expert but I would guess its a problem with that particular add-on, nothing wrong with Kodi, VU or Vix

Drop a line to Mr. Mister, he has his own build "orroo" , he would be better qualified to answer
I've had some dialog with Mister about this and we think it is a VU issue. I am using his orroo build on the VU and on a Firestick. MP3 Streams works flawlessly on the Stick but no sound on the VU.

paul216
24-04-16, 20:18
same here using oroo build v1.5 working on firestick but some sound issues on vu,am using vu solo 2 latest vix image i think it works great every bit as fast if not faster at loading up great job guys keep up gud work.

Willmoore
24-04-16, 20:38
same here using oroo build v1.5 working on firestick but some sound issues on vu,am using vu solo 2 latest vix image i think it works great every bit as fast if not faster at loading up great job guys keep up gud work.
I guess that depends on how you access Kodi. My Firestick is always on and as I use a Harmony remote I have programmed one button for TV (hdmi1) and another button for Kodi (hdmi2) so with the press of a button I'm instantly in Kodi and the press of another button back in TV. With the VU it's several button presses and then wait for Kodi to load.

mrxbox360
24-04-16, 22:37
For kodi your best of buying a decent android box & then you have more choice of images & apps without any issues