PDA

View Full Version : Vu+ solo 2 unresponsive to remote control

pedronomix
24-04-16, 12:36
My Vu+ solo 2 has become unresponsive to remote control. Tried changing batteries. I am using Openvix. Hardware or firmware issue? Thanks for any pointers. P

TerryB
24-04-16, 12:44
A usefull check to see if your remote control is working, before changing batteries, is to look at the IR transmitter of the RC with the camera of your mobile phone. Press any button and the IR will be visible. This works with any IR remote.
Regarding your issue, could it be that you have filled your flash memory with epg etc? This will cause a non response.

Sent from my LG-D855 using Tapatalk

pedronomix
24-04-16, 12:49
A usefull check to see if your remote control is working, before changing batteries, is to look at the IR transmitter of the RC with the camera of your mobile phone. Press any button and the IR will be visible. This works with any IR remote.
Regarding your issue, could it be that you have filled your flash memory with epg etc? This will cause a non response.

Sent from my LG-D855 using Tapatalk

The remote works tv fine, nice tip though! Thanks. Will clear file on memory stick How do you clear VU flash memory?

roy0110
24-04-16, 13:00
i once had an unresponsive vu+ remote.
someone suggested i reset it (the remote) you can find instructions in the user manual if you have one, its available for download if not.
worked for me, good luck!

pedronomix
25-04-16, 08:44
I have 3 remotes and none work properly. .. I took the usb stick out and there are no epg files on it, so it must have filled the flash memory, How do I delete the flash epg cache? Thanks P

Andy_Hazza
25-04-16, 19:41
I have 3 remotes and none work properly. .. I took the usb stick out and there are no epg files on it, so it must have filled the flash memory, How do I delete the flash epg cache? Thanks P

You are best starting a fresh and installing the latest ViX image (4.1-004) from scratch with no settings restores and setup as new. If you have an internal HDD put EPG data there when you set it up in future. [emoji4]