PDA

View Full Version : Satellite and cable on the same Duo2

ea.xlns
21-04-16, 07:46
Hi guys, I've a duo 2 with a dual DVBS2 tuner and have added a cable tuner recently, I've been searching the forum for ways to get both tuners to work on the same box but am stumped.

Can anyone point me in the right direction please? I'm getting virgin installed at my property today and want the box to be ready so I can just plug and play.

I use autobouquets to get the sat channels updated, is there an equivalent for cable?

Thanks in advance.

Ashley69
21-04-16, 08:00
Yes. Use autobouquetsmaker to configure your cable. Choose your net ID and then scan as normal.

ea.xlns
21-04-16, 08:06
What do you mean by net ID? I'm not using the default autobouqets but the one for Sky UK, I guess I'll have to use the default one for this?

I've seen mention of telnet on other forums and using a special mg_cfg file, is this correct?

bsdbm
21-04-16, 11:40
Cable/satellite mg_cfg - https://app.box.com/s/djwd32j8ztpcemq5fxvwc6w6m4dvh79p

Network ID - http://pastebin.com/9vp5E2PD

ea.xlns
21-04-16, 16:30
Thanks for these, but are there any instructions I can follow? At this stage I don't know what to do with them.

Andy_Hazza
21-04-16, 16:35
Thanks for these, but are there any instructions I can follow? At this stage I don't know what to do with them.

If you have installed the tuner correctly, in Tuner Configuration (menu > setup > service searching > tuner configuration) you would enter the correct id in the cable tuner config setup.
Also if you have installed the tuner correctly, in ABM (menu > setup > service searching > ABM > providers) you should see an option for Virgin.

ea.xlns
21-04-16, 19:12
Thanks for all your help so far guys. Making progress so far but got a new issue now. When running the ABM scan the box is crashing and rebooting. Any idea why this can be? I've attached a photo of the error message.

Sicilian
21-04-16, 20:17
Be careful where this thread goes with cable and mgcam talk. This is bordering rule break.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ea.xlns
22-04-16, 09:04
If you have installed the tuner correctly, in Tuner Configuration (menu > setup > service searching > tuner configuration) you would enter the correct id in the cable tuner config setup.
Also if you have installed the tuner correctly, in ABM (menu > setup > service searching > ABM > providers) you should see an option for Virgin.

Hi Andy, any idea why I'm getting the error log?