PDA

View Full Version : VU+ Solo2 not booting up? Powers on but no VFD - Unusable

TaxiMan
20-04-16, 16:41
Hi,

I have just returned from a weeks holiday to find my 18 month old VU+ Solo2 not working.

I'm trying to ascertain whether this is a hardware or software (bootloader?) issue?

The box is totally unusable at present as all it does upon powering on via the rear rocker switch is turn the "soft touch" blue power light/circle on. The VFD display doesn't turn on whatsoever.

Other people in the household have had access to the box whilst I have been away but the only answer I get from them is that it isn't working and they don't know why!!

Any ideas gratefully received whether or not you have had similar problems or maybe reflashed the bootloader etc? - thanks.

Andy_Hazza
20-04-16, 16:57
No bootloader needed or available for the Vu+ Solo2. Can you ftp into the receiver? You could also try the latest ViX image and do a clean install?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sicilian
20-04-16, 17:01
Sounds like a main board issue imo.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

TaxiMan
20-04-16, 19:05
Thanks for the replies so far.

I cannot seem to ftp into the receiver as even though it is hardwired via ethernet into my router and a couple of led lights next to the ethernet socket on the receiver are on/flashing I cannot see the receiver after logging into my router as it says that no devices are connected via ethernet.

So I am guessing that this does appear to be a main board type issue as mentioned.

As I have an internal hard drive fitted (obviously with recordings on!) I really need to know if I can maybe get the receiver tested and repaired or would it just be better to buy a new receiver and probably invalidate any warranty with a possible hard drive swap?

Guess I will be emailing this forums sponsors shortly!

Decisions, decisions!

twol
20-04-16, 19:56
When something doesn,t work after they have screwed things up, my relatives tend to drop the power and power back up... so far with no issues ... but coming back to your box perhaps "your people" have done the same and perhaps screwed the hard disk :)
I would be tempted to open the box and disconnect both power and connction leads and then try to boot up the receiver.

birdman
20-04-16, 20:21
perhaps "your people" have done the same and perhaps screwed the hard disk :)Everything the box needs to boot is in flash memory.