PDA

View Full Version : How to install picons for 28.2°E Astra channels VU+ Solo2 open vix 4.0

Twinkal
20-04-16, 10:23
Hi, can anybody please explain how to install picons for 28.2°E Astra channels on VU+ Solo2 open vix 4.0

Thanks

john doe
20-04-16, 11:08
there is two options
1- using a usb
2) sticking on internal HDD (which people fuss about, but used this method for years with no issues).

using firezilla or something similar go to media-HDD - there should be a folder in there called picon, if not make a folder called picon, download the picons you want and send to the folder. done.

the other option is to download picon from feeds, which will install the folder and then you can delete and place with picons of choice

Twinkal
20-04-16, 13:04
Hi, Thanks for the instructions.
It worked. Used one of my Old Samsung SSD to stick the files in. Downloaded the files from openvix site.
thanks gain.

Twinkal
20-04-16, 13:13
It worked. Used one of my Old Samsung SSD to stick the files in. Downloaded the files from openvix site.

one other question, If I wanted to stop using picons, can I switch it off from the settings and delete the files
from the HDD manually. Please correct me if I am missing something.

Also can you please be more elaborate on downloading from feeds. Coz I tried to install the picons from the plugins and did not know what to download and
they all had the same name. ( non corresponding to 28.2°E Astra channels)

appreciate your advice..

john doe
20-04-16, 15:29

one other question, If I wanted to stop using picons, can I switch it off from the settings and delete the files
from the HDD manually. Please correct me if I am missing something.

Also can you please be more elaborate on downloading from feeds. Coz I tried to install the picons from the plugins and did not know what to download and
they all had the same name. ( non corresponding to 28.2°E Astra channels)

appreciate your advice..

yes, you can delete the picons from the file by ftp program. or you upload new ones

the feeds have changed and picons for 28.2 no longer exist, so just ignore

Andy_Hazza
20-04-16, 17:00
These ones are the best in my opinion >> http://www.openvix.co.uk/index.php/downloads/picons-channel-icons/mk-400x240-snp-picons/

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

john doe
20-04-16, 17:23
These ones are the best in my opinion >> http://www.openvix.co.uk/index.php/downloads/picons-channel-icons/mk-400x240-snp-picons/

I second that :thumbsup:

Ashley69
20-04-16, 18:25
yes, you can delete the picons from the file by ftp program. or you upload new ones

the feeds have changed and picons for 28.2 no longer exist, so just ignore

I thought Ocram Picons in the Plugin feeds cover 28.2

Sicilian
20-04-16, 18:48
They do, just different designs.

Twinkal
20-04-16, 20:36
Thanks John, Andy, Ashley & Sicilian for contributing.
Out of curiosity how do you install Ocram Picons?

Ashley69
20-04-16, 20:54
Thanks John, Andy, Ashley & Sicilian for contributing.
Out of curiosity how do you install Ocram Picons?
Go to plugins. Press green button. Go to picons. Chose snp full 400x240 light on transparent. The last one in the snap list.
If these picons are not there then you will have a picon feeds menu in the download feed. Install this first and the rebbot and all the picons will be there.

Twinkal
21-04-16, 16:41
Thanx I will try :)

Ashley69
21-04-16, 17:10
Just a footnote on my post. when you go to download plugins if you see plugin feed then you need to download this first to get orcram picons. Then reboot and go back to download plugins and the chose the picon menu.

djwoody
13-05-16, 15:54
I have successfully installed the MK picons to my box (that display in the top left of the epg)
How do I install icons next to the channel names, down the left hand side?

Chris

john doe
13-05-16, 16:19
click epg, menu, service title mode and change to picon and service name

snappy1970
31-05-16, 23:37
Ok guys I seem to be getting nowhere fast completely new to this;

Installed OpenVix 4.1
Mounted USB and confirmed
Installed picon plugin and it automatically created “picon” folder on USB full of short cuts
Rebooted GUI, where I should picons every channel has openvix picture
Copied picons from download “MK 400x240 UK (SNP)” to picon folder and restarted

Still nothing, help please

Andy_Hazza
01-06-16, 07:15
Why have you download the picon plugin? I maybe wrong but is that not so you can use ocram picons from the plugin feeds?
I use MK ones personally and don't have the picon plugin installed.

Rob van der Does
01-06-16, 07:26
Yep, Ocram picons are on the feeds. First install the feeds, exit the plugin browser, open it again, and install the picons you want.