PDA

View Full Version : [GiGaBlue QUAD] Crashes when I pause live TV

Ojustaboo
19-04-16, 11:47
Hi all.

About a week ago I reflashed from 3.2... to the latest 4.0 release

Saying that I see there is a 4.1 release (however, selecting software upgrade says there's noting to upgrade).

Will try to reflash with that later, but as I have the crash logs will post anyway :)

Every night a powertimer puts box to deep standby and another wakes it up at 7am.

Don't currently use any softcam

I can pause ff/rw recorded tv 100% fine.

Sometimes when I pause live TV the box crashes. having a play right now, it does it every time I pause CH4 HD but doesn't seem to do it on other channels (inc other HD ones), it could be its only crashed on pausing CH4 HD, not sure.

However, if I go onto CH4 HD, then play a recorded program pause it, unpause it and quit back to Ch4 HD, it will pause fine for one or two tries, then it will crash again, really odd.

Hmm, just tried it on BBC1 East (not HD) and it also crashed

Ojustaboo
19-04-16, 18:08
Just done a reflash (no restore) and now have v4.01, B001

No plugins downloaded, no softcam, problem still happening, logs attached

Doesn't do it every time I pause, but quite often. When it does, I don't get the pause bar up, just crashes.

never did this with 3.2x

thanks

gf_gollum
19-04-16, 18:21
Just done a reflash (no restore) and now have v4.01, B001
No plugins downloaded, no softcam, problem still happening, logs attached
Doesn't do it every time I pause, but quite often. When it does, I don't get the pause bar up, just crashes.
never did this with 3.2x
thanks

I had the same issue as a new user (i.e. last week!). I discovered that the option for timeshift was disabled by default. Go to Menu | Setup | System | Timeshift setting (you need to scroll down to 2nd page) and specify a valid location for timeshift and a default start period (5 seconds in my case)

I've not had a problem since.

Ojustaboo
19-04-16, 19:04
Thanks, I will give that a go, but have always had timeshift disabled in the past and never had the problem.

Ojustaboo
19-04-16, 19:10
Just did exactly as you suggested, hit the rewind to rewind the timeshift, and it rewound, then crashed

Ojustaboo
21-04-16, 15:03
Hmmm, I put 3.2.037 back on. Gave it a big play around, was just about to write it works perfectly, when it did the same thing.

Any suggestions to what it could be? I would think the hard drive, however, it can record 3 programs 100% fine while I watch a forth, I only ever seem to get trouble when pausing live TV, can pause and jump around recorded TV all night.

Something else, if I pause live TV and it works, and I then unpause it and press the stop button, I cant repause unless I change channel (done this for ages on various versions)

In the past I hardly ever watched live TV, so it could have done it for ages. Just bad luck that I've chosen to watch a few live things recently and decided to pause them

wibbol
22-04-16, 07:42
I had exactly the same thing when I went to v4.0 003 on my mutant 2400. I found it always happened if I was recording the same program that I was watching live and then paused the live program. I also have time shift disabled.

After a week, I went back to v3.2 027 and never experienced a single crash using the same settings. I've just gone to v4.1 this week and although it crashed the first time I tested it, it's not done it since.

birdman
22-04-16, 12:02
There are two (or more) different things going on here.

The crash logs from #1 and #2 show a traceback ending with:
< 266.247> File "/usr/lib/enigma2/python/Components/VariableValue.py", line 11, in setValue
< 266.248> OverflowError: in method 'eSlider_setValue', argument 2 of type 'int'

The logs in #5 and #6 end with:

< 371.786155> FATAL: [eFixedMessagePump] Got event but queue is emptyi.e. there is no traceback reported, and the debug log in #5 follows that with:

< 4237.829> [gRC] main thread is non-idle! display spinner!
Killed

birdman
22-04-16, 12:10
The crash logs from #1 and #2 show a traceback ending with:There's already a try/except clause around the setting (so someone is already expecting that it may go wrong), but it's only looking for a TypeError, not an OverflowError.

Ojustaboo
22-04-16, 15:56
Thanks for looking, is there anything I can do, or is it a software problem that needs the experts?

birdman
22-04-16, 19:22
Thanks for looking, is there anything I can do, or is it a software problem that needs the experts?That might be me, then...

Could you unzip this:
put the file into /usr/lib/enigma2/python/Components (and take a backup copy of the VariableValue.pyo file which is already there), restart the GUI and then try to reproduce the crash?

Hopefully you wont get a crash and the log will show instances of:

[VariableValue::setValue] exception <type 'exceptions.OverflowError'> handled
which will show that the code has worked, and there have been no other knock-on effects.

To back out from this, delete the file you installed and copy the original VariableValue.pyo back into place.

Ojustaboo
23-04-16, 12:01
is this file meant to end in .pyo and overwrite the other file, or is it meant to end in .py ?

Many many thanks for all your help

abu baniaz
23-04-16, 12:54
Make a backup of the existing .pyo

The .py will create .pyo after restart. It will overwrite any existing file. You should delete the .py after restart.

Ojustaboo
25-04-16, 15:35
Many many thanks. Haven't managed to get it to crash since, pausing live TV.

I did try timeshift turning it on after 5 secs, and rewinding. This did hang the box, spinning vix symbol, pause screen showing, but the program continued to play in the background, had to restart box to fix. Don't normally use timeshift so left it turned off, just mentioned it for your info

dermies
26-04-16, 13:20
Same issue here on Gigablue Quad Plus,
Logs attached

birdman
26-04-16, 19:15
Same issue here on Gigablue Quad Plus,
Logs attachedThose have the same issue as Ojustaboo had - for which a fix is now in OpenVix Dev.

dermies
27-04-16, 17:04
Thanks Birdman. I've had a look but I don't know where to find Openvix Dev.
I've noticed I'm on 4.0 so I'll re-flash to 4.1 anyway.

Is it ok to use the fix in post 11 on a Quad Plus?

abu baniaz
27-04-16, 17:06
yes, you can use the file in post 11.

the file will be included in image when we next merge the development branch into the public branch. To avoid issues later, please delete the .py file after restart.

hardy27
29-12-16, 22:05
Hi Abu and Birdman,

I have the same issue with timeshift crash whenever i stop/exit timeshift on GB Quad Plus and i tried the variablevalue swap and its made no difference.
i'm on the current 4.2 build 23. Ive also attached the crash logs5191251913