PDA

View Full Version : VU+ duo replacement

sn196
18-04-16, 21:35
Hi Guys,

Been a long time since I've posted here.

I've had a Vu + duo for over 5 years now and has done me good. I've recently had the red light issue which is easy to fix but would like a change.

I'm looking for a replacement box for a motorised dish setup. I've never recorded on the vu+ duo so not really a requirement. I've read threads now that can have a cable connection and satellite are these boxes reliable?

I'm looking for a box that is quicker than the duo and also reliable.

I've read loads on the ET8000 but can't find it on sale anywhere, also the vu Solo but not sure if these support motorised setup?

Any help is greatly appreciated. Budget is around £150

Andy_Hazza
18-04-16, 22:03
If you want a satellite & Cable/Terrestrial Combo box you could take a look at this > http://www.world-of-satellite.co.uk/combo-digital-cable-terrestrial-satellite-receivers/Edision-Combo-HD-Linux-Receivers/Edision-os-mini-combo-dvb-c-t-t2-dvb-s-s2

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

nibbenjamin
18-04-16, 22:20
Top machine!! [emoji106]

sn196
18-04-16, 22:21
Thanks Andy I'll take a look.

I've just seen the VU Zero....Would this support a motorised dish? I know it wouldn't support both satellite and cable but looks good on the reviews.

Andy_Hazza
18-04-16, 22:34
Yeah the Vu+ Zero would support a motorised dish and has a great remote too. [emoji1360]

sn196
18-04-16, 22:46
Yeah the Vu+ Zero would support a motorised dish and has a great remote too. [emoji1360]

Out of the 2 boxes which would you recommend?

Not sure if either support kodi?

twol
19-04-16, 07:43
As you seem to keep your receivers a long time :), I would go with the Edision as they have responded well so far to driver issues.
The Zero is a nice receiver, but Vu is a big yawn if changes are required.

Andy_Hazza
19-04-16, 09:22
Out of the 2 boxes which would you recommend?

Not sure if either support kodi?

Neither support Kodi. You could always look at the Vu+ Solo2 or Vu+ SoloSE v2 if you want to use the new vuplus-kodi plugin. [emoji4]

sn196
19-04-16, 19:57
Ok I've just ordered the edision but not sure if I have made the correct decision

1. Not much support around for it?
2. Not sure if it will take a vgn feed and a motorised satellite feed at the same time.
3. I've asked for Openatv build....should I have stuck with openvix like I had on my vu+ duo
4. Does it support cccam & mgcam?

Wish I asked these questions before buying the box...����

sn196
22-04-16, 19:59
Ok guys, i ended up going for the Edision and really impressed by the size, remote and speed.

I now have an issue picking up anything. Before my VU+ packed up it was perfectly fine.

Ive loaded the channel list but nothing showing on FTA. Ive set to positioner and left as default settings as this is how it was before.

Any ideas what could have gone wrong?