PDA

View Full Version : Satellite box with RF outpur

danlou
18-04-16, 20:49
hello all,

I'm after a Enigma 2 sat box with RF output so that I can take a coax feed into another room.
Is there such a box available as I can't seem to suitable one that will support E2/Openvix etc.

Failing that does anyone recommend a video sender and how will that work? what plugs into what?

thanks

abu baniaz
18-04-16, 21:08
The TM Twin has an RF Modulator. But it uses old technology. Unless you can get one dead cheap, you are better off buying a newer receiver and a separate rf modulator.

http://www.world-of-satellite.co.uk/Mercury-Universal-Scart-to-RF-Video-Modulator-ILS102?filter_name=modulator

You may also wish to look at using two receivers, with one using Remote Channel Stream Converter

Stephen4144
18-04-16, 23:12
If you are looking a receiver the vu solo 2 is a great machine and you just need a triad tri link kit which is about 50 quid and it works great

magicmanfan
20-04-16, 22:05
If you are looking a receiver the vu solo 2 is a great machine and you just need a triad tri link kit which is about 50 quid and it works great
Hi, I've been recommended a vu solo 2, but was put off, as it has no RF output like a Sky box. I've got 4 x TVs being fed by the Sky box, via a splitter box.

I just want something to plug into the back of the VU Solo 2, that I can plug the RF out leads from the Sky box, straight into it. Will the Triax tri link work, or is theee another cheaper option?

Ford1
20-04-16, 22:49
The trilink kit has the option of using ir senders, so you can use the remote in other rooms, you could get a RF MODULATOR £15 but you would not be able to control the box from other rooms unless you used an android app such as DREAMDROID.

magicmanfan
21-04-16, 20:19
The trilink kit has the option of using ir senders, so you can use the remote in other rooms, you could get a RF MODULATOR £15 but you would not be able to control the box from other rooms unless you used an android app such as DREAMDROID.

But the Trilink kit would work for what I need? I'd rather control from each room.

danlou
21-04-16, 21:34
Thanks for the responses, I think I will go down the cheap option of RF modulator and use AV cables as no scart on Edison. I'm hoping that will work. Controlling the box is not a problem

Ford1
21-04-16, 22:02
But the Trilink kit would work for what I need? I'd rather control from each room.

Yes the trilink kit would work perfect for you.

magicmanfan
07-05-16, 22:41
Yes the trilink kit would work perfect for you.

Thanks for this. I've set up the Triax Tri Link with the Vu+ Solo box today, and the signal is being sent to all TVs in the house.

The only problem I have is that I can't get the IR transmitter to work, to change channels on the other TVs. Could anyone help?

goosegog
08-05-16, 10:17
hi,have you got the little round sticky pad stuck on the front of your solo,if mine stops working its because its dropped off