PDA

View Full Version : Advice required

drphibes
18-04-16, 13:08
Hi

I am looking at buying a quad tuner receiver and found the mutant 2400. I have tried to find reviews online but cannot seem to discover any.
What are peoples on on this box ? I would obviously want a stable box etc with decent image support.
Currently I own a extrend et9000 that I bought from world of satellite and I have found it to be a good box using the fix images.

Are there any other or better options than the mutant for quad tuners?

Thanks

Andy_Hazza
18-04-16, 13:23
The Mut@nt HD2400 is an excellent receiver or you can also look at the Vu+ Duo2.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

drphibes
18-04-16, 13:27
The Mut@nt HD2400 is an excellent receiver or you can also look at the Vu+ Duo2.

That's good to hear. Can you buy a vu+ duo 2 with quad tuners ?

Andy_Hazza
18-04-16, 13:31
Yeah you can. WoS are due to get some more stock soon, but here is the link > http://www.world-of-satellite.co.uk/Digital-Satellite-Receivers/Vu/VU-Plus-Duo2-Duo-2-2x-Twin-Tuner-DVB-S2-HD-Enigma-2-Linux-Satellite-Receiver
Could always drop WoS an email to ask when they are expecting some more in.

drphibes
18-04-16, 18:29
Yeah you can. WoS are due to get some more stock soon, but here is the link > http://www.world-of-satellite.co.uk/Digital-Satellite-Receivers/Vu/VU-Plus-Duo2-Duo-2-2x-Twin-Tuner-DVB-S2-HD-Enigma-2-Linux-Satellite-Receiver

I have heard about vu+ for a long time and I am under the impression that they are very good boxes? Seem to be expensive but very? I will send wos a email and see how much the quad tuner setup would be and when they are expecting the next delivery.

Andy_Hazza
18-04-16, 18:43
Yeah Vu+ are solid quality boxes and the remotes are great too.

johnrichard
19-04-16, 01:28
buy the mutant its a better box regards john

wullboy
19-04-16, 07:35
Yes i`ve had a vu+ duo2, and i now have a Mut@n 2400, and the Mut@nt seems a better box, apart from the remote, which i find is too small to operate properly, but still a good box ??

drphibes
19-04-16, 15:51
The mutant does sound good. How does the extrend et10000 compare to both of these boxes? Seems like all three have their fans.

Andy_Hazza
19-04-16, 16:20
I would choose the Mut@nt HD2400 over the Xtrend ET10K.

johnrichard
20-04-16, 02:13
i bought a vu+ duo2 after a solo 2 and was really disappointed with it, i think the mutant beats the lot also the remote may be small but it does what you tell it
thats more than the duo that gust ignores you regards jovie

drphibes
22-04-16, 13:30
I ordered the Mutant 2400hd from wos and it arrived today. Looking forward to testing it out over the weekend.

johnrichard
23-04-16, 02:07
please let us know how you get on regards john

drphibes
24-04-16, 23:10
First impressions are its a nice upgrade from my extrend et9000. Feels a lot more responsive and looks nice with the Vix Blue hd skin.
Remote control is on the small side and I can see why some dont like it due to the buttons being quite close to each other but its not a deal breaker at all.
Might look into a Harmony 650 remote because it is something I have thought about buying for awhile to control my various boxes. Anybody here got experience with it and is it reasonable to setup for the mutant ?

joysleep1
27-04-16, 13:01

The vu duo 2 is technically not a quad tuner tho is it?

joysleep1
27-04-16, 13:02
First impressions are its a nice upgrade from my extrend et9000. Feels a lot more responsive and looks nice with the Vix Blue hd skin.
Remote control is on the small side and I can see why some dont like it due to the buttons being quite close to each other but its not a deal breaker at all.
Might look into a Harmony 650 remote because it is something I have thought about buying for awhile to control my various boxes. Anybody here got experience with it and is it reasonable to setup for the mutant ?

I think the xtrend et 10000 is better due to a universal quality remote and the fact it can take both size hardrives. Plus it looks nicer too:)

Andy_Hazza
27-04-16, 13:07
The vu duo 2 is technically not a quad tuner tho is it?

Only comes as a twin out of the box but can easily fit another Twin tuner to turn it into a Quad tuner receiver. WoS do offer this service or you can buy a twiner Vu+ tuner and fit it yourself, very easy to install.

joysleep1
27-04-16, 14:23
Only comes as a twin out of the box but can easily fit another Twin tuner to turn it into a Quad tuner receiver. WoS do offer this service or you can buy a twiner Vu+ tuner and fit it yourself, very easy to install.

but i thought it has only 3 slots.
Can you have 2 satellite tuners and two cable tuners like you can on the mut@nt or xtrend?

Andy_Hazza
27-04-16, 14:50
but i thought it has only 3 slots.
Can you have 2 satellite tuners and two cable tuners like you can on the mut@nt or xtrend?

Yeah you can have a twin hybrid cable tuner so could do 2x satellite and 2x cable or if you want 4x satellite you just get a twin satellite tuner.

Twin satellite tuner >> http://www.world-of-satellite.co.uk/Digital-Satellite-Receivers/Vu/VU-Plus-Uno-Ultimo-Duo2-Duo-2-Plug-and-Play-DVB-S-S2-Dual-Twin-Tuner-Module

Twin hybrid cable tuner isn't listed on WoS to buy but is an option to add when buying a Vu+ Duo2. Could always ring/email Stef at WoS and enquire.

joysleep1
27-04-16, 15:30
Yeah you can have a twin hybrid cable tuner so could do 2x satellite and 2x cable or if you want 4x satellite you just get a twin satellite tuner.

Twin satellite tuner >> http://www.world-of-satellite.co.uk/Digital-Satellite-Receivers/Vu/VU-Plus-Uno-Ultimo-Duo2-Duo-2-Plug-and-Play-DVB-S-S2-Dual-Twin-Tuner-Module

Twin hybrid cable tuner isn't listed on WoS to buy but is an option to add when buying a Vu+ Duo2. Could always ring/email Stef at WoS and enquire.

oh i thought that twin hybrid thingy was only for vu solo 4k box.
I dont even know how that twin hybrid works because you need one tuner to loop to another cable tuner without splitting the feed

abu baniaz
27-04-16, 15:33
the twin hybrid has only one input. the splitter is within the tuner.

it is compatible with most Vu receivers with a tuner slot.

joysleep1
27-04-16, 21:27
the twin hybrid has only one input. the splitter is within the tuner.

it is compatible with most Vu receivers with a tuner slot.

oh interesting. are they going to make anything like that with other manufacturers ?

Sicilian
02-05-16, 07:22
oh interesting. are they going to make anything like that with other manufacturers ?

Gigablue has a twin hybrid tuner module, but on the Ultra UE supports this tuner module.