PDA

View Full Version : BBC 1 does not stay at top of EPG?

orange1234
17-04-16, 12:45
Since upgrading to V4 I seem to be struggling with the EPG. After 24hrs (after epg and bouquets downloads etc the EPG then starts at BBC 2 HD and BBC 1 HD is much further down the listings.

I have disabled the HD swap and it fixes the problem and BBC 1 SD is at the first position on the EPG. (using blue HD skin)

How can I keep the HD swap and retain BBC 1 HD as the first channel?

Also is the a way of BBC HD swapping back to SD when the red screen comes up saying this ....content can't be shown in your area..while playing annoying music for 10 - 15 minutes.

Third annoying thing.

Narration sometimes comes on of it's own accord when switching channels. How can I make narration defaulted to disable?

Thank you to any cleverer people out there that know the answers ....so my OH stops complaining lol.

Ashley69
17-04-16, 12:55
For your Narration problem go to system/setup/auto language selection. Change audio language to english on all 4 lines.
Not sure about your other issue

DaMacFunkin
17-04-16, 12:57
Upgrade to 4.1 to fix BBC 1... Or download the latest ABM file from GitHub and FTP to your box if you wish to continue using v4.

orange1234
17-04-16, 13:25
Upgrade to 4.1 to fix BBC 1... Or download the latest ABM file from GitHub and FTP to your box if you wish to continue using v4.

I'v checked automatic updates, and it says there arn't any. Will I need to re-flash the box on every update?

Thanks.

orange1234
17-04-16, 13:26
For your Narration problem go to system/setup/auto language selection. Change audio language to english on all 4 lines.
Not sure about your other issue

Thanks so much I'll try that.

Huevos
17-04-16, 14:34
I'v checked automatic updates, and it says there arn't any. Will I need to re-flash the box on every update?

Thanks.Yes. Make a backup. Reflash and restore the backup in the install wizard. Then run ABM to get all channels in the right places.

And no, there is not a way to automatically change channels when bbc one goes regional.

sigmo
16-07-16, 10:45
Had the same problem with bbc press down all channels menu enable move mode scroll down to the channel wanted highlight it move it where needed

Andy_Hazza
16-07-16, 11:57
Had the same problem with bbc press down all channels menu enable move mode scroll down to the channel wanted highlight it move it where needed

Will revert back when ABM schedules a scan.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

orange1234
27-07-16, 14:12

Hi this problem got fixed with a Vix software update. I think it was a reported glitch. You have taught me something though, I didn't know you could move channels around. I've never seen a move mode before on any of the menus. I will investigate thanks.

Andy_Hazza
27-07-16, 18:20
Was nothing to do with a bug at all, was to do with all the changes the broadcaster(s) made.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Huevos
27-07-16, 19:06
Yep, the broadcaster changed the channel numbers when BBC3 was removed from the EPG. This screwed up the HD bouquets.

orange1234
27-07-16, 20:30
Was nothing to do with a bug at all, was to do with all the changes the broadcaster(s) made.

I upgraded to VIX 4.1 and the problem was fixed. Thanks VIX for a great update