PDA

View Full Version : Multiple Autotimer conflicts ? Best default settings ?

darrenduds20
16-04-16, 22:05
Looking for the best default setting on the autotimer, i have 4 tuners buts still get alot of conflicts. we do record alot but even if something is recording from 8-9 the 9-10 recording will clash ? Any ideas anyone?

Thanks Darren

Stanman
17-04-16, 00:56
Recordings will clash as there is a buffer in the timers of 3 or 5 minutes iirc.

How much is a lot? I have around 50 AT of which 5 or 6 running any week on three tuners and it's rare to get a total lock out of the tuners.

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk

birdman
17-04-16, 02:02
Looking for the best default setting on the autotimer, i have 4 tuners buts still get alot of conflicts. we do record alot but even if something is recording from 8-9 the 9-10 recording will clash ? Any ideas anyone?Include any +1 channels in the Services for an AT, make sure that clashes get added as timers (they will show up at the bottom of the list) and manually delete set-up timers if they can switch to the +1 etc. if that can enable a conflict (which you should then enable - the next autorun of AT should then put the ones you deleted in on the +! channel).
Buy a second box?

darrenduds20
17-04-16, 15:13
Thanks lads , its not every day but for instance on a wednesday there is alot of thing on we record between 8-11.30 and we get alot of conflicts . Is there a way to set a minus offset ?

ccs
17-04-16, 16:33
A question I asked a while ago....

I must say that this does surprise me.

Does this mean that a box with a single tuner can't record consecutive programmes (one ends when the other one starts, no padding) on different mux's (or whatever the terminology is), without a clash being generated?

Yes, that is what it means.