PDA

View Full Version : How to tell a genuine Solo 2

crx
16-04-16, 12:23
I trying to pick up a solo 2 for my dad and have come across one on gumtree fairly close to me, the guy said he bought it from ebay which worries me slightly as its seems full of clones but assures me its original, how can I tell if its original before I buy it. The only way I can think of is to flash it with the latest version of vix would this be correct ?

Thanks

prose
16-04-16, 13:09
came across a couple of these the last few weeks, guys i know got suckered with them around 18 months ago, both different model clones.
early clones could be identified with the layout and printing on the rear panel but the conmen got wise to this with later models.
there was also differences on the box the solo2 came in, slight difference in print and images.
compared to my solo2 i did notice that the door flaps look cheap and nasty on the inside and also the magnets seem to be glued in where as on my original the magnet seems to sit in a moulded opening and there is some play in it.
i think the only way to tell with any certainty is to remove the lid, of the ones i saw one had a chip on the mainboard with a white 'lorisun' sticker on it (side of the card reader) and both had a chip with a blue X on it which sat under the hard drive caddy.
please don't take all this as gospel and get lumbered with it.
also google is your friend.

Andy_Hazza
16-04-16, 14:07
I trying to pick up a solo 2 for my dad and have come across one on gumtree fairly close to me, the guy said he bought it from ebay which worries me slightly as its seems full of clones but assures me its original, how can I tell if its original before I buy it. The only way I can think of is to flash it with the latest version of vix would this be correct ?

Thanks

Can I ask how much?

crx
18-04-16, 09:52
£175 with a 1TB hdd.

casuk
18-04-16, 10:56
Ask for a pic with the lastest image info you will tell by the drivers it has, might give you a better idea

Andy_Hazza
18-04-16, 11:31
£175 with a 1TB hdd.

Mate do yourself a favour and buy from WoS. They are a steal at £209 and you know you are getting the real deal.

crx
18-04-16, 11:43
I've bought two from the site sponsor for my own use, this was for my dad who's not sure if he will use it fully so was going to pick up a cheap box but I'm wary of clones so will try and talk him into a new box.

Cheers

Andy_Hazza
18-04-16, 13:27
If money is the stumbling block then you could go for one of these > http://www.world-of-satellite.co.uk/Digital-Satellite-Receivers/Technomate-Linux-HD-Receivers/Technomate-TM-Nano-SE-Plus-2x-satellite-dvb-s-s2

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

mrxbox360
18-04-16, 18:17
simple way too tell ask too see it working & check if it running a new version of vix would mean its original - if its running a really old version its prob a clone

terayon00
19-04-16, 21:09
I wish I saw this thread earlier. I just sold an original solo2 (bought from WOS a year ago) because I wanted to upgrade to a duo2. Sold it with a 160gb for £150 delivered on eBay. It was snapped up within 2hrs