PDA

View Full Version : Alternate remotes

disneysw
15-04-16, 21:05
The OpenVIX source code suggests it was designed with the ability to use alternate remotes in addition to the standard Dreambox remote.

I am keen to use a different (non-programmable) IR remote so would like to use this functionality.

Once decoded I see it is a simple task to map the keys using XML.

But how does one actually define an alternate remote or if a new driver is created how is it added to the system?

Alternatively I know it should be possible to use LiRC if I accept that fact that the “power on” function will never be able to work. Since that does not actually bother me is there a precompiled version anywhere?

Trial
16-04-16, 09:03
Hi,
because IR reception is done by the used chip and is included in the driver lirc will be your only option in my opinion. Perhaps flirc usb has better options for you.

ciao

disneysw
17-04-16, 12:39
Stupid me, I always thought FLIRC was just a dumb IR receiver for use with LIRC until I read your comment.

Instead I see it can actually be pre-programmed on one machine to emulate keypresses on another machine in respose to the learnt IR commands. Given the amount of time this saves compaired to creating a one-off dev enviroment to compile LIRC for my box I will probably just buy one.

So thanks for pointing that out and saving me a lot of wasted effort!

Trial
17-04-16, 18:18
Hi,
yes FLIRC is a nice little beast which can solve a lot of remote problems:-)

ciao

Partymack711
04-05-16, 18:14
Hey - could I use FLIRC to allow me use say an Amiko remote on my Edision box?

I literally hate the Edision remote and found the Amiko one lovely to use.