PDA

View Full Version : [MB Premium Ultra] Dreamplex doesnt connect to Plex anymore..

imish
15-04-16, 16:19
On both my boxes since upgrading to 4.1 dreamplex has stopped working.

I can see all my previous settings on dreamplex - the plex server details, my user credentials, etc....however I am not getting the directory structure from the plex server and hence cant view any of my media - leading me to believe that the connection may not be successful

reading the note on 4.1 here - http://www.world-of-satellite.com/showthread.php?51241-OpenViX-4-1-Release-thread&highlight=dreamplex

"Known Image issues
Dreamplex - Some users in certain setup's may have issues.
Console window does not display the realtime installation status onscreen."

I would appreciate if someone can elaborate on what the known issue is and whether I am experiencing this on both my boxes.

hilly
15-04-16, 17:01
Working here mate on gigablue quad plus .

imish
15-04-16, 18:13
Ok - I haven't changed anything in my setup other than the VIX image - don't understand why it is not working on box boxes

duoduo
15-04-16, 18:41
Uninstall and reinstall to see if that helps buddy

imish
15-04-16, 19:16
Uninstall and reinstall to see if that helps buddy

tried that.
recreated a token too.

no luck.

duoduo
15-04-16, 20:34
Did you reboot after uninstall

imish
15-04-16, 23:56
Did you reboot after uninstall

yes - before and after the install (despite the OS being linux based).

Sicilian
16-04-16, 06:20
Normally used standard discover for my own local Plex Server, but to test I just deleted the server and rebooted. Then re-added server using 'myplex' as a friend has a plex server. Any all logs in perfect, has access to my server and a friends server via myplex.

I'd advise to fresh flash with no restore whatsoever.

imish
16-04-16, 09:12
is there a way to troubleshoot this rather than starting with a clean slate (we have 3 boxes in total - all with the same issue on 4.1) - as i have multiple receivers that is not really practical and without understanding what the issue is there are chances that this can happen again in the future.

Sicilian
16-04-16, 09:29
Imo, make an image backup of one your boxes. Then start with a clean slate and test on a fresh image. Might even be an issue with your plex account and not image.

imish
16-04-16, 09:36
Imo, make an image backup of one your boxes. Then start with a clean slate and test on a fresh image. Might even be an issue with your plex account and not image.

unlikely and here is why.

Can access plex from all my other devices, mobile, tablet, PC, PHT.
On my MB micro i was running 3.37 and it was working fine this morning - as soon as I upgraded to 4.1 (as per my other thread) dreamplex stopped working.

Sicilian
16-04-16, 09:43
Try fresh flash then.

imish
16-04-16, 09:45
Try fresh flash then.

Ok - can give that a try on one box - however would like to have this troubleshooted to get to the root cause.

Sicilian
16-04-16, 09:57
You could try this.

FTP to /etc/enigma2

Grab the settings file.

Delete all entried to dreamplex and re-upload the file.

imish
16-04-16, 10:53
Good suggestion - will give this a try and report back.

marekjs
01-05-16, 16:39
Good suggestion - will give this a try and report back.

Hi imish,

I am under dilemma to upgrade my STB with the new shining 4.1 , but I am quite heavy user of Plex and I lose my hair from my skinny head ;P
I am against of flashing from scratch my box, coz it's always pain of back.
Could you report how does it work currently with Dreamplex plz? Shall I stay away from the 4.1, or switch to something else more upgrade friendly 8D ?

Sicilian
02-05-16, 06:23
I've got 3 receivers all running Dreamplex with no issues on 4.1.004.

imish
02-05-16, 21:10
Hi imish,

I am under dilemma to upgrade my STB with the new shining 4.1 , but I am quite heavy user of Plex and I lose my hair from my skinny head ;P
I am against of flashing from scratch my box, coz it's always pain of back.
Could you report how does it work currently with Dreamplex plz? Shall I stay away from the 4.1, or switch to something else more upgrade friendly 8D ?

haven't got round to giving Sicilian's suggestion a try - for now it seems like the upgrade to 4 and subsequently to 4.1 has screwed dreamplex (on 3 receivers).

Sicilian
03-05-16, 05:43
haven't got round to giving Sicilian's suggestion a try - for now it seems like the upgrade to 4 and subsequently to 4.1 has screwed dreamplex (on 3 receivers).

There's nothing wrong with Dreamplex in 4.1.xxx, I've setup nurmerous receivers with Dreamplex and no issues.

psykix
03-05-16, 08:57
I've got 3 receivers all running Dreamplex with no issues on 4.1.004.

Sorry to jump on this thread! Does it do bitstreaming passthrough?

I use an Nvidia Shield TV for Plex, but may give it a go on the Solo 4K if it bitstreams.

duoduo
03-05-16, 13:46
No such issues on my solo2 or zero, watching lots of things over the weekend on 004

imish
05-05-16, 00:23
You could try this.

FTP to /etc/enigma2

Grab the settings file.

Delete all entried to dreamplex and re-upload the file.

OK, tried this 3 times and gave up....bizarre behaviour.

1st time
uninstall dreamplex plugin
followed your instructions and deleted the 24 entries of dreamplex in the settings file
restarted the GUI
opened the settings file only to see the dreamplex entries still in there

2nd time
same as above - once I deleted the lines from settings
I then opened the settings file to confirm that they were gone and they were GONE
restarted the box (not Gui)
opened the settings file only to see the entries there again.

3rd try
same as no 2 just to ensure that i had done it right
same result.

abu baniaz
05-05-16, 00:31
The settings are kept in RAM and written back on shutdown/restart.

Put enigma to sleep with "init 4" command first. Then do your FTP/editing.

imish
05-05-16, 01:51
The settings are kept in RAM and written back on shutdown/restart.

Put enigma to sleep with "init 4" command first. Then do your FTP/editing.

thanks, that did the trick.

Tried to setup dreamplex once the settings file had been cleared.

same issue - what worked with the previous < 3.x setup no longer works for me on 3 boxes.

I did do a discover of the server and authentication is set to local user, using my plex username and password to authenticate.
Token was successfully created however the directory structure is not being displayed.

imish
08-05-16, 00:50
Any pointers anyone - would like to give this another go tomorrow.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

marekjs
14-05-16, 05:50
Hi, that seems to be, everything works. I am on the latest image on Duo2... No issues. It works as always (before the upgrade).

imish
14-05-16, 22:36
Good to know - doesn't work on any of my receivers. Stopped working since the upgrade to 4 as per my original post.

pembo
15-05-16, 06:26
so - when I have problems like this - what I do is use something like TCPTrace.exe (google pocketsoap tcptrace.exe). Run this on a machine, and connect the client to the machine/port running TCP trace which passes through to the end point (in this case your plex server).

You'll then need to try and connect and go through the trace logs to identify where there might be an issue (e.g. HTTP error responses for example).
If you connect via https to your plex server this becomes a whole lot more difficult.

Seems no one else has issues so it must be something related to your setup, so you might have to do some of the investigation yourself and post the results.
Also you might not want to post all of the tcptrace.exe output as it might reveal things you don't want shared in a public forum.

(could also user wireshark if you know what you're doing!)

imish
15-05-16, 13:54
so - when I have problems like this - what I do is use something like TCPTrace.exe (google pocketsoap tcptrace.exe). Run this on a machine, and connect the client to the machine/port running TCP trace which passes through to the end point (in this case your plex server).

You'll then need to try and connect and go through the trace logs to identify where there might be an issue (e.g. HTTP error responses for example).
If you connect via https to your plex server this becomes a whole lot more difficult.

Seems no one else has issues so it must be something related to your setup, so you might have to do some of the investigation yourself and post the results.
Also you might not want to post all of the tcptrace.exe output as it might reveal things you don't want shared in a public forum.

(could also user wireshark if you know what you're doing!)

Thanks for the response.

yes, do connect to the plex server securely - so it's encrypted.

I do appreciate that the onus is on me to do the troubleshooting and hence why appreciate your pointers to troubleshoot - because I am not sure what to look at and where to start.

The fact for the record is that I had 3 receivers - 2 local and 1 remote perfectly connecting to my Plex server and since the upgrade to Openvix v4.X all 3 have been impacted with the same identical issue. All other Plex clients (iphone / ipad / PHT / Laptops are still connecting fine - it's just dreamplex) - Had it been my setup then I would have expected it NOT to work previously either - which is not the case.

It is frustrating that an upgrade to a new openvix train of software has effectively broken the dreamplex part of my setup on 3 receivers.

Prioryman
21-05-16, 17:03
Well I have read and read again all posts above and spent 6 hours formating hard drive - installing fresh image again and again and still dreamplex fails. I can connect to my server and list the files etc, but as soon as I press play the box crashes and I have to reboot it. If I go back to an old image (clean install) it works perfect, so has to be something in the new image. Can anyone help please as yes I can go back to MicroBox Premium Micro image OpenViX 3.2 which works fine, but is not supported/upgradable any more.

imish
21-05-16, 18:19
Well I have read and read again all posts above and spent 6 hours formating hard drive - installing fresh image again and again and still dreamplex fails. I can connect to my server and list the files etc, but as soon as I press play the box crashes and I have to reboot it. If I go back to an old image (clean install) it works perfect, so has to be something in the new image. Can anyone help please as yes I can go back to MicroBox Premium Micro image OpenViX 3.2 which works fine, but is not supported/upgradable any more.

Agree with you - definately an issue with the 4.x trian.

despite many efforts I still haven't managed to get it working

Prioryman
21-05-16, 18:31
I like the new image, so for now will do without Dreamplex ( works on others images well ) I'm a supporter of Andy and his team so I'm sure at some point it will work. I have a Roku3 that will do for now.

pembo
22-05-16, 05:42

if you can repeatedly cause a crash please attach the logs from the crash.

Prioryman
22-05-16, 08:48
if you can repeatedly cause a crash please attach the logs from the crash.

Having formatted the USB hard drive that many times and installed fresh clean image I have no logs. I will today re - install Dreamplex and any crash logs will be sent. Thank you for the reply.

imish
06-06-16, 15:14
Figured out the issue - Dreamplex on 4 does not support secure connections. When I changed the connection options on the server to preferred dreamplex then connected successfully.