PDA

View Full Version : [VU+ Solo2] Menu Larger than Screen

paulfg
14-04-16, 12:30
I have a problem with my vu solo2 box
The menu when displayed is being cutoff on the side ,and if I open opera browser the top is not seen.I assume this is due to a configuration issue (I did not set the box up).
How do I correct this please?

Ashley69
14-04-16, 12:38
Menu/Setup/system/user interface/position setup

Willmoore
14-04-16, 12:49
TV settings - set overscan to off.

paulfg
14-04-16, 13:05
Ashley that appears to have done it
thanks for a quick response

paulfg
15-04-16, 13:17
well I thought I had fixed the problem, but on opening opera browser the URL bar was half way above the top of the screen so I could not see what I was typing.

willmore
when you say tv settings do you mean on my tv or in a menu on the VU solo?

Willmoore
15-04-16, 13:36
On your tv - most (all) tv's are set to overscan by default. Look in picture settings it's called different names by different manufactures. Or google turn off overscan your tv

paulfg
15-04-16, 14:08
thanks willmooron my LG tv I changed aspect ratio to just scan and that fixed it.
now need to update adobe flash as when trying filmon website Iget a message o say update flash,not sure what version to download I am getting options

YUM for linex
.tar.gz for other linex
.rpm for other linex
need to search here for answers

Willmoore
15-04-16, 14:16
thanks willmooron my LG tv I changed aspect ratio to just scan and that fixed it.
now need to update adobe flash as when trying filmon website Iget a message o say update flash,not sure what version to download I am getting options

YUM for linex
.tar.gz for other linex
.rpm for other linex
need to search here for answers

Mooron - bit harsh. (i'm not saying your wrong - just a bit harsh that's all :D)

paulfg
15-04-16, 14:45
oops should have read willmoore on my ....
typed too fast and not read back lol

do you know if filmon/adobe flash work on vu solo2 ?

Willmoore
15-04-16, 15:01
Don't know, never used Opera on the VU. If you want Filmon, or most other stuff why not install Kodi.

paulfg
15-04-16, 15:22
what is Kodi?

Willmoore
15-04-16, 15:31
what is Kodi? was XBMC does that mean anything to you ?
Start by installing it from the plugins. It's called VU+ kodi and found in extensions near the bottom

Willmoore
15-04-16, 15:43
Then click here http://www.world-of-satellite.com/showthread.php?51065-Orroo-Kodi-Build/page2 and follow instructions from post #16
Install the black & white version it looks great.

paulfg
15-04-16, 15:50
sorry I am very new to all this XBMC means nothing .
I will follow your instructions,thanks for you patience with a complete newbie

paulfg
15-04-16, 15:55
just downloaded and checked plugins/extensions and its not there , there is one called xbmcaddons and one xbmc (1.0-20150506.0 beta-r0)

ha just followed your link it seems I need version 4 build I am on 3.2.037

do I need to reflash or is there a way to download and install it

paulfg
15-04-16, 18:30
please close this thread as I am wandering off original question.
I will open new post
thanks

birdman
15-04-16, 19:51
TV settings - set overscan to off.Not necessarily the same thing.
I have to use the position set-up to get my menus not to fall over the edge. When the system boots up and this setting is applied I can see the Vix spinner move in from the top-left. The background (i.e. the actual picture) however is unchanged by this - it is always correctly sized.

Trial
16-04-16, 09:07
Hi,
when you use a skin where the side are over the edge of the TV screen I can promise you that you do not get the actual picture in the correct size. Overscan is eval for OSD AND video.

ciao

birdman
16-04-16, 10:01
Hi,
when you use a skin where the side are over the edge of the TV screen I can promise you that you do not get the actual picture in the correct size. Overscan is eval for OSD AND video.And I can promise you that when the screen adjustment kicks in at boot-up the background image (put in place by showiframe onto the same framebuffer as the video) does not move at all. (at least on my MBTwin).