PDA

View Full Version : Initial Xtrend Boot Screen

Ford1
13-04-16, 20:38
Is there a way to replace the xtrend initial boot screen, I am using MK BOOT LOGO's however when the machine boots, it displays a landing page from xtrend, its only on for a short period before the OS boot and then it is replaced by my MK BOOT LOGO pic,

Im assuming its something xtrend have build in to the firmware/bootloader and as such can not be replaced, but it would be nice if I could.

Sicilian
13-04-16, 20:41
There is a specific flashing process, but can't remember the button presses.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

bluepassat
13-04-16, 20:45
just navigate to usr/share you should see backdrop and boot logo.........just make sure you don't have backdrops loaded in the plugins menu

I have this one 47783

Ford1
13-04-16, 20:59

I have that setup myself, however when initially booting the machine I get a "Xtrend, the gateway for smart Linux tv" crappy image.

Ford1
13-04-16, 21:01
you mean a specific way to flash a altered boot loader, with a modified backdrop file?

Rob van der Does
13-04-16, 21:21
Use the normal ViX image and unzip it to USB: it contains the flash-screen.
Now reboot the box and press 'CH-' on the frontpanel (not OK!): splash screen will be flashed.

Be aware: this takes only a split second, so it may look like nothing happened.

Ford1
13-04-16, 22:46
can I alter this screen in the flash file with one of my choosing?

When ive flashed a full openvix image via usb before it has never remover the xtrend boot screen, it only appears for a second or two while the machines then boots openvix, when immediately the bootlogo changes to the one I have Ftp'd across into usr/share.

will the above method replace this initial boot screen or just the OS boot screen?

Rob van der Does
14-04-16, 05:18
That's correct, as for fleshing the image one has to push the 'OK'-button, and for flashing the boot-screen one has to push the 'CH-'-button.
This is about the boot-screen (the picture you see briefly in the first stage of the boot process); it's located in a dedicated part of the flash, hence the special flash-method.

Ford1
14-04-16, 07:49
I can that is a splash.bin file, how do I convert a picture of my choice to splash.bin? and what are the requirments i.e. file size/pic resolution?

twol
14-04-16, 08:27
I can that is a splash.bin file, how do I convert a picture of my choice to splash.bin? and what are the requirments i.e. file size/pic resolution?
Well from googling each E2 image seems to use different :)
On another forum they say 24 bit 700 x 480 pixels for ViX, bmp format renamed to splash_cfe_auto.bin and copied to usb fat32 stick in appropiate folder ... in your case et10000 if I remember correctly

Rob van der Does
14-04-16, 11:41
That can't be image dependant; the image (Linux/E2) doesn't even know about this screen. It's only hardware dependant.

Ford1
14-04-16, 19:26
Well from googling each E2 image seems to use different :)
On another forum they say 24 bit 700 x 480 pixels for ViX, bmp format renamed to splash_cfe_auto.bin and copied to usb fat32 stick in appropiate folder ... in your case et10000 if I remember correctly

Close ET8000,
Imanaged to "get rid" of the offending image:p however the image I tried to use didn't flash correctly/wasn't the correct format, as now I just have a black screen. to me this is better, but not quite how I would like. (others may disagree) is there a way to revert one of the mk boot logo's back from .mvi to a usable .bmp format so I could use the same one as I use for vix, thus not seeing any difference between the two stage boot sequence.

I appreciate this may be seen as a little anal, however id like to try, and the beauty of having a Linux satellite reciver is ultimately the customisation aspect, allowing ME to set up the box how I want, not how a provider wants.

Thanks for the help so far guys :thumbsup: