PDA

View Full Version : Vu+ 4.1

chuf
13-04-16, 15:59
Hi All

probably daft question :eek: but is not possible when doing backups to add options into the backup to save picons/logo/skin ect? or is this just a no no?

would make the hole upgrade process a little bit less time consuming.............

Chuf

DaMacFunkin
13-04-16, 17:00
You can choose to back up your picon folder from flash if you wish, skin shouldn't be backed up as dependencies can change across different kernels.

DaMacFunkin
13-04-16, 17:01
Ps in backup manager, press menu then choose which files or folders you want to add to your back up, remember to save the selection.

chuf
13-04-16, 17:02
Ps in backup manager, press menu then choose which files or folders you want to add to your back up, remember to save the selection.

Didn't know that option was there :thumbsup:

Tnks

chuf
13-04-16, 23:00

Looked at the menu in the backup section, not the best as you cant just select the folder you have to select everything that you want to save in the folder........
But I suppose that's life :fart2:

worth a try though.........

birdman
14-04-16, 00:12
Ps in backup manager, press menu then choose which files or folders you want to add to your back up, remember to save the selection.Although that reminds me that I once ran into a problem with the length of the total selection being limited, and the default one gets quite close to it.
Perhaps I ought to look again....

DaMacFunkin
14-04-16, 07:15
Looked at the menu in the backup section, not the best as you cant just select the folder you have to select everything that you want to save in the folder........
But I suppose that's life :fart2:

worth a try though.........
I think it depends what is in the folder, you can for instance choose to back up the entire picons folder, or an entire plugin folder in extensions such as ruya.

birdman
14-04-16, 10:28
I think it depends what is in the folder, you can for instance choose to back up the entire picons folder, or an entire plugin folder in extensions such as ruya.You can select "file-systems items".
If that "item" is a directory then everything under it will be included (the backup is done with tar, and that's how its command-line works).

Huevos
14-04-16, 17:34
If you put the picons on a usb stick and run them from there, there would be no need to back them up.

chuf
15-04-16, 15:35
Thanks for all the options, will give it a bash and see how it goes..............
:thumbsup: