PDA

View Full Version : [VU+ Duo2] ViX 4.1 Kodi

lscolman
12-04-16, 17:25
Hi,

I'm up and running on 4.1 and accessing Kodi, the menu system seems to run well. Great work.

Can I ask is the video output locked to 720p on purpose, is that something I can change?

I don't seem to have sound whilst moving around the menu system. Is that to be expected?

When trying to playback .mp4, .avi and .mkv files from my NAS drive, they are just hanging.

Local files in .flv format from the hard drive appear to play, but my plasma is picky with file formats.

I'll have a good old go at testing this...

I fully understand that this is the very first release, and I really don't expect things to run smoothly until a few more releases are made.

It's looking fantastic up to now.

Cheers, Lee

Sicilian
12-04-16, 17:53
Resolution changes as media is played back. No issues on Duo2 playing back mkv from nas here.

Sicilian
12-04-16, 18:00
I think I know what your issue is.

To play back files on a local NAS:

1) Install mount via SMB.
2) Fire up Kodi.
3) Video > Files > Browse > Root Filesysystem > Mnt > Autofs > Select your mount > Ok.

Using Kodi SMB browser all files are seen and scraped but do not playback.

lscolman
12-04-16, 18:05
Hi,

Thanks for the prompt response. Yes, I've solved it by mounting the NAS in a different way. Samba does not seem to work for me. Yes, your second reply is how I got the NAS to mount.

And yes, media is switching to the appropriate video output.

I nearly wet myself when I saw an option for DTS-HD in the menu, but it still looks as though DTS core is still being output. I realise that after a few queries on here, that only DTS core is supported within hardware.

It is looking mighty fine! Superb work.

WOW! It's even playing back my HD-DVD VC-1 rips. There is some occasional breakup, but previous ViX releases would not even begin playback with these. The breakup seems to settle down within a minute, as though it's the hardware struggling at first. It's playing back the Dolby Digital Plus soundtrack !!!! It's still not happy with TrueHD tracks. My Intel NUC shows horrible artefacts with these files, which doesn't appear to be present on the Duo2. More experimenting, and I'll post my comments here.

Plugging in a USB Wireless keyboard and some commands are recognised, like cursor keys, but commands like pressing O to get media information is ignored. I wonder if this is supported or simply disabled?

WOW! There is mouse support!

Now for some plug in testing...

Cheers, Lee

Ashley69
12-04-16, 19:06
I might be having a senior moment but I can't locate the Kodi plugin in the feeds. (VU+ Duo2)

lscolman
12-04-16, 19:09
Some further feedback.

It would be great to have the Kodi Launcher available on the main menu, as opposed to going into plugins (very minor I know).

I don't seem to have sound on the Kodi menu, i.e. cursor clicks etc. (very minor indeed)

Menu for progress of video is corrupted for me (again no biggie)

I've had a couple of application hangs and had to hard reset. Seems that may be file format related. My plasma is iffy with some file formats, and that may be why it's hanging. More testing required. Seems when I try to playback certain formats it hangs for me.

Loaded the fusion addon wizard and select Linux to offer additional plugins. Works as expected. SUPERB.

Early indications are that I may be able to put my Intel NUC PC up for sale.....

lscolman
12-04-16, 19:09
Hi Ashley,

I had the same moment, it's in extensions, right near the bottom.

Once installed (takes a while) appears in plug ins as kodi launcher

Cheers, Lee

Ashley69
12-04-16, 19:24
Thanks Lee. Long day at work. :thumbsup::rolleyes:

lscolman
12-04-16, 21:07
Is there a way to switch back to the VIX menu whilst Kodi is running? I'm assuming Kodi is running within a Unix shell and therefore just considered to be a task?

Tonto McTavish
12-04-16, 21:38
Ive tried but couldn't without exit'ing kodi. Will be keeping a keen eye on this thread :eek:

garyblas
12-04-16, 21:48
Hi Ashley,

I had the same moment, it's in extensions, right near the bottom.

Once installed (takes a while) appears in plug ins as kodi launcher

Cheers, Lee

I assume this option not available for my old but good Vu+ Duo
cant find it in plugins

Tkr001
12-04-16, 22:08
The boxes capable of kodi are in the release thread and no your duo is not one of them.

garyblas
12-04-16, 22:17
Schucks stuck with TSmedia then

Trial
12-04-16, 22:39
Hi,
because the E2 media player and normal VU driver are used HD sound is not possible.

ciao

Willmoore
12-04-16, 23:30
I have installed Kodi on my Solo2 and have to say what a great job guys.

Couple of questions. When I installed Kodi, 3 other plugins came along for the ride, all starting SubsSupport XXXXXXXX why is this (i don't need them) 2 of them appear on the blue button - I certainly don't want them there. I would like the Kodi plugin on the Blue button - is this possible.

Sicilian
13-04-16, 06:41
I have installed Kodi on my Solo2 and have to say what a great job guys.

Couple of questions. When I installed Kodi, 3 other plugins came along for the ride, all starting SubsSupport XXXXXXXX why is this (i don't need them) 2 of them appear on the blue button - I certainly don't want them there. I would like the Kodi plugin on the Blue button - is this possible.

All part of VU's Kodi plugin.

meatball1987
13-04-16, 11:54
Kodi plugin don't work for me I installed it but when I click the launcher it just sits on a black screen with the only way to get off is by holding the power button

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

meatball1987
13-04-16, 14:06
Opps

amadeus99
13-04-16, 16:33
Everything is fine with the kodi plugin, except the media player and the subtitles support that is a mess...

djkross
13-04-16, 16:57
If I use a proxy stream (f4mtester) it don't load is there a fix in the works for this? Also a bit off subject I got iptv installed but gst player won't load and have to set every addon to internal player.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

mskhan01
13-04-16, 17:01
All part of VU's Kodi plugin.

I have deleted these extra extensions (SubsSupport XXXXXXXX) & now have just the Vu kodi launcher & all seems fine for me? Do we really need them?

Is it possible to create an extension for kodi to access it from blue botton menu?

terayon00
13-04-16, 17:02
Guys can you please help me. I can't seem to find the Kodi plugin. Where is it? I have tried in extensions. I have a VU Dou 2 with the latest Vix image 4.1. Thanks in advance

DaMacFunkin
13-04-16, 17:03
@ mskhan ...As scicillian said the plug in is developed by VU+, if you want it to behave differently or interact differently ask them.
Good luck.

DaMacFunkin
13-04-16, 17:05
Guys can you please help me. I can't seem to find the Kodi plugin. Where is it? I have tried in extensions. I have a VU Dou 2 with the latest Vix image 4.1. Thanks in advance

It is called VU+ kodi plug in just to avoid confusion.

DaMacFunkin
13-04-16, 18:34
Right I've hit problems with this on my solo4k, I installed and run the plug in, I set video and other settings, I then loaded some TV shows from my nas which is already cifs mounted in vix and they scraped using xem.
The plug in then exited itself, any attempt to re launch the plug in now I get the Jarvis splash screen, followed by a black screen then back to the plug in menu.
I have tried to uninstall the plug in but even after a reboot it is listed in the plug in menu.
It will let me reinstall it from the plug in feed but I get the same problem on launch.
I guess I need a command to telnet in or a way to manually uninstall the plug in so I can start again.
Any ideas how to manually do a clean sweep of this plug in?

mskhan01
13-04-16, 18:39
@ mskhan ...As scicillian said the plug in is developed by VU+, if you want it to behave differently or interact differently ask them.
Good luck.

I was simply sharing my experience , not complaining?

Any advice on how to add the launcher to blue botton menu?

Sicilian
13-04-16, 18:40
Try deleting hidden ./kodi directory on your storage media insalled on Solo4k.

If using fileziler click on server > force showing hidden files.

Trial
13-04-16, 20:02
Hi,

Kodi plugin don't work for me I installed it but when I click the launcher it just sits on a black screen with the only way to get off is by holding the power button

do you use HDMI connection? Animation and Kodi are only working when HDMI is used.

ciao

meatball1987
13-04-16, 21:08
I tried and tried to get it to work so then I went and reinstalled iptv player then tried and and now it works so I have no idea why it worked but it does haha

s2tephen
13-04-16, 22:16
Put it on
Tried it
Deleted it
Rubbish
Going to carry on with my HTPC That Works

uscool
13-04-16, 22:42
had a play earlier, pleased how fast it runs , and the main addons work very well, only issue movies are always full screen, so kinda look strange to watch without the normal black borders, tv shows are fine as they always full screen anyway

is there any thing that could be down for this ? overall im very impressed how far its come ,

thanks

Willmoore
13-04-16, 22:44
Put it on
Tried it
Deleted it
Rubbish
Going to carry on with my HTPC That Works
I do enjoy an in-depth review exploring the pros and cons and ending with a balance conclusion (or of course you could just just post something that's of no effin' use to anyone :D)

s2tephen
13-04-16, 22:53
I do enjoy an in-depth review exploring the pros and cons and ending with a balance conclusion (or of course you could just just post something that's of no effin' use to anyone :D)

As it seems you just have

You wanted an in-depth report well here goes
Start the plugin
Took too long to load
Found that it had add-ons install that did not work.
Dependences that were out dated and did not work
Took a very long time to download from my NAS
Only played certain types of video
Video was not smooth stuttered most of the time
Had Aeon Nox as an alternative skin but had errors.

It should have installed a clean version of Kodi and let you load what you needed.
Not be expected to uninstall a load of out dated add-ons before you start
It’s version is Jarvis so why install repositories for isengard when Jarvis is available.
Conclusion
Not much thought put into it could be better
Verdict 3/10

thisntaht
14-04-16, 18:30
You should ask for your money back as it is quite expensive :rolleyes:

Start the plugin
Took too long to load

It should have installed a clean version of Kodi and let you load what you needed.
It’s version is Jarvis so why install repositories for isengard when Jarvis is available.
Conclusion
Verdict 3/10

Willmoore
14-04-16, 19:48

Start the plugin
Took too long to load

Conclusion
Verdict 3/10
Thanks.:thumbsup: I agree re the slow loading, compared to my Firestick which is more or less instant. I don't use a NAS so can't comment there.
Were you just using the Confluence build ? (which is not much kop). I immediately installed Mr Misters Orroo build which is very good and all the add ons are up to date. You choose which add ons to install, so keeps it nice and light.
For me, once loaded, it works every bit as well as my Firestick. Maybe your requirements mean you use it differently to me and that throws up short comings I don't see.

s2tephen
14-04-16, 21:37
My problem with this build is it is not a clean install.
Whoever compiled it did so after installing various addons ie genisis pheonix etc and at some time loaded Aeon Nox skin.
Aeon nox throws up errors and i was unable to uninstall it and reinstall a clean version.
The repositories used on some of the addins is an old version.
It would have been a far nicer build if it was a clean image , no plugins no addons no extra skins just a pure base build.

I use kodi on a zotac mini PC and it works perfectly using openelec no problems at all.
I also think that openvix is one of the best builds for enigma 2 out there.

But I will not be reinstalling this kodi version on my receiver again as i think it causes more problems than its worth.
But please keep up the good work.

davieg
15-04-16, 09:20
Huh mine was clean had to add the repos i wanted in etc, on the other box where I had played about with kodi before it had all the old add ons that I myself had left in there from an older version (which made the whole thing a total mess), maybe try doing a totally clean install before slating it?

spanner123
15-04-16, 20:09
On Vu+ solo 2 has anyone found which button is equivalent to the back arrow on screen. The exit button acts like a home key so you cannot go back through the menus!

duoduo
15-04-16, 20:56
Added Ares Wizard and installed Schism build straight away and works really well on my solo2. I didn't even take any notice of what was already pre installed, most people will no doubt use a wizard/specific build from the very start making what is on at the outset negligible.

chrisnasah
16-04-16, 17:35
hi,

someone please help pulling my hair out. So the plugin works fine on solo 2 but only when I have my NAS server unmounted from my solo.

My NAS/Server is using mount type of CIFS share and also have option of use as HDD replacement enabled.

Any ideas? It is also creating ./kodi hidden file on the NAS

Thanks

DaMacFunkin
16-04-16, 17:57
If you want to access a nas on VU+ kodi plug in you have to first of all mount the nas on the box you wish to access from, this will normally be a mount by cifs... If you want to mount your nas as NFS on certain builds of kodi, ie android and I suspect vu+ you will need to add extra permissions to your nas via ssh, there is a full wiki page out there on this subject, I had to do it on mine.
Once your nas is mounted on your VU+ box, you then import your media via the local file browser in kodi (not the smb or NFS option).

chrisnasah
16-04-16, 18:43
hi

thanks for the reply.

The issue is not with regards to wanting to access my NAS from Kodi.

Issue is I am not able to get Kodi plugin working when my NAS is mounted, I get a black screen requiring a reboot. When I unmount it Kodi displays fine.

Any ideas?

edit: all working now, issue was because I had my NAS mounted as HDD replacement, sorted that and all working now

DaMacFunkin
17-04-16, 13:04
To add to this my nas was cifs mounted on my solo4k, for the life of me I have been trying to cifs mount it on my duo2 today, but you are right, it won't cifs mount on 2 vix re ievers at the same time, even disabling it on one doesn't solve it, just to add I can access the same smb files by 4 or 5 other devices at the same time, I have found myself moving all my files now into NFS shares.

gando
17-04-16, 19:09
I have a straight forward set up - dish - VU+duo2 box - tv
Since installing 4.1 I am finding there is a "stuttering" video with certain moving objects. It does not happen all of the time and I have yet to try and get a pattern as to when it happens. It is only the moving object that stutters and generally the rest of the picture is fine.
Has anyone else seen this?

Bazzer
17-04-16, 19:43
Are we talking about vix kodi issue or image . You should really start a new thread if it's to do with image and not kodi.

gando
17-04-16, 19:48
Sorry put it on wrong forum subject

lscolman
22-04-16, 15:31
I've now twice applied software update to build 002 and 003 I seem to recall, but when it reboots my build still shows 001?

Kodi shows as 16.1-RC2.

Has the upgrade worked and the build just not incremented to build number or possibly an issue with the software update?

This is on a Duo2.

Sicilian
22-04-16, 15:44
No update has been released or uploaded yet for 4.1.001.

alan1812
22-04-16, 16:43
I flashed my vu duo with 4.1.001. and a day later there was an update to 001 so I updated to that then today there was another update to 002 nut when I check info in menu it still shows as 001

Sicilian
22-04-16, 17:05
I flashed my vu duo with 4.1.001. and a day later there was an update to 001 so I updated to that then today there was another update to 002 nut when I check info in menu it still shows as 001

Impossible, build 4.1.002 has never been uploaded. Build 4.1.003 is uploading now.

alan1812
22-04-16, 17:23
flashed 4.1.001.
then there was an update to 4.1.001.
and a couple of hours ago there was an update to 4.1.002
that's what was on my box
makes no difference to me if there is an update or mot but that's what it said on mine

Sicilian
22-04-16, 18:10
flashed 4.1.001.
then there was an update to 4.1.001.
and a couple of hours ago there was an update to 4.1.002
that's what was on my box
makes no difference to me if there is an update or mot but that's what it said on mine

Post a screenshot, menu > information > about

alan1812
22-04-16, 18:16
menu > information > about still says 001

mrxbox360
22-04-16, 18:20

I had the same this morning on my solo2, done it with the same results as others are listing :confused:

Sicilian
22-04-16, 18:27
Post screenshots then. 4.1.002 has never been uploaded or released.

Sicilian
22-04-16, 18:42

Have you installed the picon.xyz feed?

alan1812
22-04-16, 18:43
today icon on box flashing green that tells me there is an update
so I go and check update and it says 002 and a long list of things that will be updated
so I go ahead with update the box restarts and when I go to

yes I have installed the picon.xyz feed
but what happens when there is an update to picons there is nothing listed in update info just a blank screen

ctbc
23-04-16, 12:29
Just got this myself

Sicilian
23-04-16, 16:58
Just got this myself

That's because 003 has been released ;)

smith_rob
27-04-16, 08:21
Hi Guys,
Is there anyway to add the Kodi Launcher to the main menu on the Vix Image instead of going to plugins?
ive tried changing the plugin.py to this

def Plugins(**kwargs):
l = []
l.append(PluginDescriptor(where=PluginDescriptor.W HERE_SESSIONSTART, fnc=session_start_main))
l.append(PluginDescriptor(name=_("Kodi Launcher"), description=_("start kodi(formerly known as XBMC) mediacenter"), where=PluginDescriptor.WHERE_PLUGINMENU, fnc=plugin_start_xbmc))
return l

to

def Plugins(**kwargs):
l = []
l.append(PluginDescriptor(where=PluginDescriptor.W HERE_SESSIONSTART, fnc=session_start_main))
l.append(PluginDescriptor(name=_("Kodi"), description=_("start Kodi"), where=PluginDescriptor.WHERE_MENU, fnc=plugin_start_xbmc))
return l

but it just crashes my box when loading up the menu, can someone help with the edit or point me in the right direction.

Many Thanks

Andy_Hazza
27-04-16, 10:07
Why the duplicated thread?

smith_rob
27-04-16, 10:29
Why the duplicated thread?

Didn't know if this was the best place to talk about adding it to the main menu as there are other things being talked about so created a new thread, probably should delete it from here now

nyakec
17-05-16, 13:10
I ask here, someone works kodi 16.1 video / NAS network /? I tried a lot / ATV, VIX, BH, VTI / 9.0.3 / video and can not play.Thanks

Trial
17-05-16, 14:07
Hi,
quite simple I think. Mount your NAS in E2 and then use /mnt/net as a path to play it from within Kodi.

ciao

nyakec
17-05-16, 15:46
@Trial....... Do you think E2 Player? I have Zyxel NSA320 and VU SOLO4 k... Thanks

Trial
17-05-16, 18:47
Hi,
you should mount your NAS in enigma2 and then use your NAS in Kodi through /mnt/net or /media/net. The problem is that the media player of E2 does not support a media file like nfs://server/share/filename which is what kodi uses to play files.

ciao

JLAMERTON
29-05-16, 13:48
Just upgraded to 4.1.010 on a VU+ DUO2

As soon as i go to launch Kodi Launcher then i get the splash screen up with Kodi and then it just closes, no other information
Any suggestions?