PDA

View Full Version : gigablue quad crashes

bigalfazer
11-04-16, 17:20
hi to everyone i ve just had my gigablue quad crash right in front of my eyes .i have tried restarting it a few times but it just keeps rebooting it self every 30 seconds,so i decided to re flash it with the new vix 4.0 but it is still doing the same thing rebooting its self every 30 seconds, its not staying on long enough to get the crash report any help would be good thank:confused:

Andy_Hazza
11-04-16, 17:29
Do a virgin install of ViX 4.0 so no restores or anything.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

bigalfazer
11-04-16, 17:48
i have use a flash drive of 1gb, i have put vix 4.0 on to it , plugged the flash drive into the gigablue quad ,then turned on the box and when prompted i have pressed the ok button and waited for it to complete the install ,i was under the impression i was doing a virgin install ,but as i am not the best with these things ,maybe you could point me in the right direction if i am missing something

Andy_Hazza
11-04-16, 17:58
When I say virgin install I mean when you go through the FIW process, e.g. Selecting your output, refresh rate, language etc. After you select your language it prompts you if you want to restore settings, are you saying yes at this point?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

bigalfazer
11-04-16, 20:01
I am saying no to the restore ..I have reflashed the box again but this time I have installed the crossepg on the hard drive instead of a flash drive ...I was wondering if I have a faulty flash drive ...it has not crashed since

Andy_Hazza
12-04-16, 05:55
I am saying no to the restore ..I have reflashed the box again but this time I have installed the crossepg on the hard drive instead of a flash drive ...I was wondering if I have a faulty flash drive ...it has not crashed since

I always use HDD to store EPG data, I always advise peeps to use HDD also. [emoji1360]