PDA

View Full Version : Cable Tuner issue

Madarse
11-04-16, 16:14
Bought an et10x through WOS a week ago and on the whole, I have been extremely please.

However, I have an issue with the two cable tuners that were installed (A&B are cable, C&D are satellite.)
If I use either tuner A or B on their own, I have no issues, as they both work independantly.

If I loop through from A to B using an external loop through cable, the minute I enable tuner B, it disables tuner A and neither are showing that they receive a signal.

Before I contact WOS, can anyone enlighten me as to whether I am missing something as I want to obviously use both cable tuners.

Thanks in advance.

Andy_Hazza
11-04-16, 17:08
Have you tried cable into Tuner B and loopthrough to A?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Huevos
11-04-16, 18:45
Please post a photo of how it is connected.

Madarse
11-04-16, 20:12
Hi Gents
Tried it one last time when I got home tonight and it's now working! Bizarre I know but there you are, so panic over.
Thanks for offering your help though chaps, it's very much appreciated. I'll no doubt be calling upon your help again at some stage in the near future! ��
All the best.

Madarse
11-04-16, 22:27
I think I realise now why I thought there was a problem. I didn't realise that if I was already tuned in to one of the sat tuners, the SNR reading within signal finder shows 0% for both cable tuners. Only when I am tuned in to a cable channel does the SNR for both A & B tuners show approximately 56%.
Funny, because the satellite tuners always show a signal, irrespective of whether I'm tuned to a satellite channel of a cable channel before I check the signal finder.

IAmATeaf
15-04-16, 16:39
Ignore the signal levels as I don't think they are accurate, the acid test is picture and no breakup, providing you're not getting this then as far as I'm concerned everything is fine.