PDA

View Full Version : Updated to v4 003 but very glitchy

Comfysofa
10-04-16, 19:07
As above - just checking first - is it just my flash that ive done but mines rubbish now...glitching, menu's freezing all the time....contents of the disc randomly disappearing. If no one else has these problems ill reflash it and try a clean install. Usually when images are flaky they tend to be updated reasonably quickly but 003 has been there a while leading me to think that its stable and its just me....

Could anyone verify - cheers.

twol
10-04-16, 19:16
I would reflash & start from scratch

ccs
10-04-16, 19:35
I updated to 4.0.003 yesterday and everything was fine.

This evening, the ET10K should have been recording in standby, but the front panel was very bright, instead of being dimmed.
It actually was in standby, and the display even dimmed slightly when I powered on.

The left hand side of all OSD's/menus were shifted to the middle of the screen and wrapped round to the left.

A reboot fixed it but I'm now back on 3.2.36 until I can check it out further.

(VIX-Night-HD skin)

Didn't noticed the thread was Solo 4k, just saw the title .

john doe
10-04-16, 19:43
As above - just checking first - is it just my flash that ive done but mines rubbish now...glitching, menu's freezing all the time....contents of the disc randomly disappearing. If no one else has these problems ill reflash it and try a clean install. Usually when images are flaky they tend to be updated reasonably quickly but 003 has been there a while leading me to think that its stable and its just me....

Could anyone verify - cheers.

are you using oscam, as the 4k will only work oscam

Comfysofa
10-04-16, 19:45
Yep... Its not oscam.... Everything else...

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk

john doe
10-04-16, 20:00
Yep... Its not oscam.... Everything else...

if not oscam then I suggest using oscam, otherwise will not work

Comfysofa
10-04-16, 20:03
Ermmm... Not sure what you're getting... Its not oscam (not that I know of) randomly crashes... Menus freeze, hard disc contents randomly dissappear... As i said... Everything apart from oscam

john doe
10-04-16, 20:08
i'll try to make this simple. what softcam are you using to get a picture . are you using cccam, mgcamd or oscam??? the solo4k can only decode if you are using oscam.

wezlyons
12-04-16, 10:20
i'll try to make this simple. what softcam are you using to get a picture . are you using cccam, mgcamd or oscam??? the solo4k can only decode if you are using oscam.

He clearly answers that in post 5 :confused:

DaMacFunkin
12-04-16, 12:43
I have to say and I can't put my finger on it but I have found vix 4 to be more prone to throwing up spinners and taking time to do things and even random crashes than previous versions, on all my boxes, it isn't a definite complaint with one thing in particular, just in general.

shortheath
12-04-16, 12:56
My system is good I think 003 came out soon after 002 because there was problems with that. Try to flash again

Comfysofa
16-04-16, 08:08

Oscam! oscam is the only cam you can use (that I was told of) on this architecture....you asked 3 times and I replied...oscam...

Comfysofa
16-04-16, 08:14
Ive gone to 4.1 001 a couple of days ago....I did briefly try a black hole image (no where near as good functionality wise as good as vix) so checked back the other day and there was a 4.1 image up. Definitely better but I was getting the spinner last night. Generally the 4 image has been quite slow...one thing I did note about the blackhole image was that it was (I would guage) about 3 times faster to boot....menus faster also....I did like the kodi integration on blackhole - can I do that with the vix image??

I think its going to get better over time - just have to put up with it. The vix team has not failed yet over all these years so ill stick with them....!

Andy_Hazza
16-04-16, 08:21
Ive gone to 4.1 001 a couple of days ago....I did briefly try a black hole image (no where near as good functionality wise as good as vix) so checked back the other day and there was a 4.1 image up. Definitely better but I was getting the spinner last night. Generally the 4 image has been quite slow...one thing I did note about the blackhole image was that it was (I would guage) about 3 times faster to boot....menus faster also....I did like the kodi integration on blackhole - can I do that with the vix image??

I think its going to get better over time - just have to put up with it. The vix team has not failed yet over all these years so ill stick with them....!

Must be your setup, no spinners here on my Vu+ Solo 4Ks. You can install Kodi via the plugins. Menu > Plugins > Green Button > Extensions > vuplus-kodi
The Vu+ Solo 4K is still new in comparison to other receivers and with the ARM architecture, we are all learning new things.

Comfysofa
16-04-16, 09:02
Yep... Agreed... As i say the vix image is always top notch..

ccs
16-04-16, 13:28
I updated to 4.0.003 yesterday and everything was fine.

This evening, the ET10K should have been recording in standby, but the front panel was very bright, instead of being dimmed.
It actually was in standby, and the display even dimmed slightly when I powered on.

The left hand side of all OSD's/menus were shifted to the middle of the screen and wrapped round to the left.

A reboot fixed it but I'm now back on 3.2.36 until I can check it out further.

(VIX-Night-HD skin)

Didn't noticed the thread was Solo 4k, just saw the title .
I've moved to 4.1.001, a totally fresh start with no settings or plugin restores.

The OSD problem was caused by "Move Left/Right" set to 16 which was ok in 3.2.36, but shifts everything to the middle in 4.0/1....
I don't understand how it took a day for me to notice, as a reboot appeared to fix it the first time I saw it.
I've set/reset the front panel display brightness settings to see if that sorts out that issue.

DaMacFunkin
16-04-16, 16:05
I have to agree since the move to v4 I was noticing the spinner twice an hour even with just basic fta TV watching on bello with solo4k, I know what it is it is the timer check but it is was so much more noticeable I have actively turned the spinner off.
As I have said in another thread since v4 and now with 4.1 it seems to be a bit laboured, maybe it's the bello skin I don't know.

Bangord30
16-04-16, 17:57
I'm on bello on an xtrend 8000 and no spinners. Get it on Plex but it still plays fine

Sent from my HTC Desire 610 using Tapatalk

jrnw12299
30-04-16, 11:36
Hi help needed have just flashed to v4 1 on my solo_4k uploaded kodi and tsmedia tried all movies, only getting sound with no picture. was getting a quick glance of a picture on sports channel.
Previously done my sons technomate v.41 works perfect. am I missing out on settings here. thanks in advance

jrnw12299
30-04-16, 15:33
All sorted changed inputs from amp direct to tv instead all working good.