PDA

View Full Version : possible Upgrade

jasper1974
10-04-16, 16:40
I currently have VUDUO2 with twin sat and a twin cable tuner installed what if any would be the benefit for me to upgrade to the 4k as from what i can tell there are no 4k transmissions at the moment.

Would my Twin cable tuner fit inside the 4K or is it a different tuner unit

Sicilian
10-04-16, 16:43
I don't honestly think its worth the upgrade for you atm with no 4k broadcasts. Although yes, the tuner module would fit the Duo2.

jasper1974
22-04-16, 22:00
All this FBC thing confuses me i currently have a quad LNB fitted to my motorized system if im using the 2 built in FBC tuners would i need to change my LNB or buy switches ect to get the full use of the FBC tuners as with my duo2 i often get recording clashes because the wife is recording all her soaps and with the 3 min pre start and 5 min after record it often means i cant watch or record what i want without having to specifically go to the cable tuner version of the channels.

How many channels would i be able to record at once with the 2 fbc tuners and current lnb and cabling

DaMacFunkin
23-04-16, 06:53
All this FBC thing confuses me i currently have a quad LNB fitted to my motorized system if im using the 2 built in FBC tuners would i need to change my LNB or buy switches ect to get the full use of the FBC tuners as with my duo2 i often get recording clashes because the wife is recording all her soaps and with the 3 min pre start and 5 min after record it often means i cant watch or record what i want without having to specifically go to the cable tuner version of the channels.

How many channels would i be able to record at once with the 2 fbc tuners and current lnb and cabling

officially 2 which is just the same, i have noticed on mine that some transponders that are close to each other can be used together without the other tuner kicking in, i'm in the same boat because i need a lot of feeds to other boxes i would need to put up a seperate dish for the solo4k just to get the full use of the fbc tuners as there isn't a LNB yet with 2 scr feeds and 4 legacy feeds.

jasper1974
23-04-16, 10:18
officially 2 which is just the same, i have noticed on mine that some transponders that are close to each other can be used together without the other tuner kicking in, i'm in the same boat because i need a lot of feeds to other boxes i would need to put up a seperate dish for the solo4k just to get the full use of the fbc tuners as there isn't a LNB yet with 2 scr feeds and 4 legacy feeds.

So what would i need to get to make use of the FBC tuners so i could record alot more at the same time

twol
23-04-16, 11:37
There are some excellent post in the vu receivers /vu solo 4k talk forum that cover all this ...read and you will see and learn.:)

Andy_Hazza
23-04-16, 12:52
So what would i need to get to make use of the FBC tuners so i could record alot more at the same time

I have an Inverto Unicable II/JESS LNB which has 1 feed cable going into my loft and an Inverto Unicable splitter feeding 2x Vu+ Solo 4K's. [emoji4]

jasper1974
24-04-16, 03:00
There are some excellent post in the vu receivers /vu solo 4k talk forum that cover all this ...read and you will see and learn.:)

The More ive read the more confused i have become :confused:

I have an Inverto Unicable II/JESS LNB which has 1 feed cable going into my loft and an Inverto Unicable splitter feeding 2x Vu+ Solo 4K's. [emoji4]

Ok my current setup is :

1m Motorized Dish with a Technomate Quad LNB
RG6 Cable
2 ports of the LNB going into the back of my VU+ Duo2 and a Dual Cable Tuner.

Now i know i can use the cable tuner in the 4K so that's great.

So the wife like to record a lot of soaps ect so with the auto-timer 3 min startup and 5 min over run this limits me to recording/Viewing 2 Sat channels at once and as i have now idea how to setup the duo2 to fall back and use the cable tuners when both sat tuners are busy i have started looking at the 4K as my possible solution as it says you can record/view up-to 8 channels at the same time with the FBC tuner installed.

From if i understand what everyone is saying then

1) With my existing cabling and LNB the 4K will still only be able to Record/view 2 Satellite channels at the same time ? :(

2) If i change the LNB for a Unicable LNB the box would then be able to record/view 8 satellite channels at the same time ? :thumbsup:

I Can not find anything about fitting a unicable LNB onto a Motorized system so is it possible to as 99% of the time my dish is pointed to 28E but occasionally i like to have a scan around the other satellites so if i fitted the unicable LNB and decided to move the dish and watch something on say 13E would the system automatically be able to record/view 8 channels on 13E and then when i move the dish back to 28E go back to 8 channels on 28E. What im trying to say i suppose is whatever satellite it is pointed at at the time is the satellite that all 8 tuners will automatically be configured for???? :confused:

To Sum up if what i have said above IS correct then to get all that i have mentioned above all i would need to buy is the VU+ 4K and a unicable LNB ???

Also

1) Would i still need a switch or is that only if i want to run a second box???
2) What Unicable LNB do i need for the 8 channels as im finding them very hard to find here in the UK?

Andy_Hazza
24-04-16, 07:46
Personally I would use Tuner A with a new dish and Unicable II LNB and use Tuner B for your motorised dish.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

jasper1974
24-04-16, 07:47
Personally I would use Tuner A with a new dish and Unicable II LNB and use Tuner B for your motorised dish.

How many channels would that allow me on tuner A

Andy_Hazza
24-04-16, 08:08
7 on Tuner A, that is with all different transponders. Some channels are on the same transponders so could record more. The Inverto Unicable II LNB I have is 32 channel so in theory I could feed 4x Vu+ Solo 4K's via a splitter.
If you search on eBay and type in Inverto Unicable LNB you will see a seller in Italy is selling a Unicable II LNB (IDLU-32UL40-UNBOO-OPP), this is a 32 channel version. They do a 24 channel version (IDLU-24UL40-UNMOO-OPP). These LNB's are hard to find in the UK unfortunately. [emoji20]

twol
24-04-16, 10:01
7 on Tuner A, that is with all different transponders. Some channels are on the same transponders so could record more. The Inverto Unicable II LNB I have is 32 channel so in theory I could feed 4x Vu+ Solo 4K's via a splitter.
If you search on eBay and type in Inverto Unicable LNB you will see a seller in Italy is selling a Unicable II LNB (IDLU-32UL40-UNBOO-OPP), this is a 32 channel version. They do a 24 channel version (IDLU-24UL40-UNMOO-OPP). These LNB's are hard to find in the UK unfortunately. [emoji20]

You can buy the unicable switches (multischalter in german) or lnb (various brands available - Inverto is not my favourite :) ) either on amazon.de or from the major satellite shops (the one I usually use ships to Europe)

psykix
24-04-16, 10:07
You can buy the unicable switches (multischalter in german) or lnb (various brands available - Inverto is not my favourite :) ) either on amazon.de or from the major satellite shops (the one I usually use ships to Europe)

Why don't you like the Inverto LNBs? I have recently fitted one on my motorised dish, and not had any problems with it so far. Have just ordered a Inverto Unicable II so hope there aren't any issues I'm not aware of!

twol
24-04-16, 11:42
Why don't you like the Inverto LNBs? I have recently fitted one on my motorised dish, and not had any problems with it so far. Have just ordered a Inverto Unicable II so hope there aren't any issues I'm not aware of!

It's always highly rated but in marginal signal areas, its absolute crap ... you can buy cheapo chinese that perform better.... don't know why, but its been tested amongst a whole group of us with about 10 other lnb,s and it performs extremly badly

psykix
24-04-16, 13:02
It's always highly rated but in marginal signal areas, its absolute crap ... you can buy cheapo chinese that perform better.... don't know why, but its been tested amongst a whole group of us with about 10 other lnb,s and it performs extremly badly

Are you referring to the Unicable II one?

twol
24-04-16, 14:15
Are you referring to the Unicable II one?

No, just the normal lnb's ... haven't tried unicable yet as its difficult/expensive in my setup!
Also for anyone in uk, should not be an issue with signal