PDA

View Full Version : HDD Not detected

FC01
09-04-16, 15:05
Hello

I have just purchased a Technomate TM-Nano 2 Super with 1Tb HDD installed from the site sponsor. It is flashed with the latest version of OpenVIX V4 build 003 2016-03-23

I have never set one of these up before so I am not sure if I am doing something wrong or if there may be a problem with the device itself. The problem I have is that the installed hard disk is not detected by the system. I have checked that all cables and connectors are firmly in place. I do not get a storage devices menu under system unless I insert a usb stick. Also if I look under Information - Devices there is no HDD listed.

Do I need to install a driver for the HDD to be detected or is there something else I need to do?

many thanks

FC

Willmoore
09-04-16, 15:17
Blue button > VIX > Mount Manager - what do you see there ?

FC01
09-04-16, 15:26
Hi Willmore

many thanks for you reply.

The Mount Manager is completely empty.

abu baniaz
09-04-16, 15:55
What filesystem is the drive in? Can you enable debug logs (reboot required for this to take effect). Upload the log as an attachment please.

FC01
09-04-16, 16:41
I have attached debug logs file.

thanks for your help.

abu baniaz
09-04-16, 16:47
< 73.462> [Harddisk] new Harddisk sda -> /dev/sda -> /dev/sda

Your hard disk is there. If your drive is in exfat/ntfs32 you must install the ntfs-3g and exfat drivers. Best to have it in a linux file system though. You can format/initialise it in the storage devices menu.

Andy_Hazza
09-04-16, 16:50
Go to menu > setup > system > storage devices n initialise your hdd. This will format it to ext4 for you. [emoji4]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

FC01
09-04-16, 16:53
I think the line < 73.462> [Harddisk] new Harddisk sda -> /dev/sda -> /dev/sda is the usb stick I had inserted at the time, I have removed it and rebooted and that line is not there in the new log.

I do not see the storage devices menu unless I have a usb stick installed.

abu baniaz
09-04-16, 16:58
Can you hear the HDD spin up? Are you able to check the HDD in another device?

Andy_Hazza
09-04-16, 17:03
An issue with the HDD then. Are you sure the sata cable n power cable are connect securely?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

FC01
09-04-16, 18:03
OK

I removed the disk and put it in my PC - recognised in the BIOS, so went into Windows and put a 1Tb NTFS partition on it - so all seems fine with the disk. Put it back in the TM-Nano still with the NTFS partition, again still not recognised. I powered off the NANO from the rocker switch at the back and put my ear over the disk as I powered it back on. The disk is definitely not spinning up on boot. I will have to contact WOS.

thanks