PDA

View Full Version : [ViX_Misc] Bcakup settings

paul_
08-04-16, 15:00
Hi,

Is there another way to do a settings restore without restoring your plugins using the backup manager?
I know the setup wizard gives you the option but I can't see an option in the backup manager - the only way I can do it is to disable the network.

Thanks

ccs
08-04-16, 15:34
You've got me wondering now.

This morning I moved from 3.2.036 to 4.0.003. I exited the wizard without restoring setting/plugins, and installed all plugins first (only 2).

I then restored settings using backup manager, and as there was no plugin dialogue I assumed it had worked as advised. (ie no plugin restore.)

spanner123
08-04-16, 16:03
Doesn't the backup manger ask if you want to restore plugins during the restore process? I'm pretty sure it does.

DaMacFunkin
08-04-16, 17:03
Only on a first boot from a clean install, if you choose to restore later after you have installed some plugins it restores the old plugins automatically, i too would like a permanent option to only restore settings, i know they have that option in VTi and Blackhole.

Bazzer
08-04-16, 17:43
Only on a first boot from a clean install, if you choose to restore later after you have installed some plugins it restores the old plugins automatically, i too would like a permanent option to only restore settings, i know they have that option in VTi and Blackhole.

I agree m8 , I had two power failures last night and I had to do a complete new flash , found out power failed messed up my plugins please don't ask me how, mg-cfg was the cause .