PDA

View Full Version : [VU+ Zero] Unable to flash with 4.0.0003

mcguinnessc
07-04-16, 19:42
Hi,
I have been trying to flash a Vu+ Zero with the latest image 4.0 003. I have also tried build 002 but neither work.
I have previously flashed the box with the exact same USB. I have also been able to flash a GB Quad Plus to 4.0 003 using the exact same USB.
I have formatted the USB and used the correct image in both instances.
USB: TOSHIBA TransMemory Media 8GB.
Any help greatly appreciated.

Andy_Hazza
07-04-16, 19:55
What is your exact problem?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

mcguinnessc
07-04-16, 20:17
I leave the box for the recommended 10 mins. I have left it for 30mins.
When I power down, unplug the USB and power up; the box boots up but it is still on the previous image.

john doe
07-04-16, 20:26
sounds like your not flashing properly. what do you mean by leaving for 10 min?

try again wait till light flashes constantly, unplug usb, power down and power back on

mcguinnessc
07-04-16, 20:29
How long should it take? I have left the box in a flashing state for more than 30 mins. Should it take this long? After 30 mins the light is not flashing constantly.

john doe
07-04-16, 20:35
it takes about a minute and half to flash. you'll know when flashing has been successful when the light starts to flash constant. the other option is to crouch flash. go to vix (presuming you are on vix), and download. once done flash box and do a restore. make sure to back up image before flashing

mcguinnessc
07-04-16, 20:43
I don't see any Download option under the Vix menu?
When I go to Software update it says there is nothing to install.

Clabs
07-04-16, 20:46
Menu Button>Setup>VIX>Image Manager>Yellow Button (Downloads)

john doe
07-04-16, 20:49
click blue button, go to image manager, click yellow downloads and then green to download, if nothing pops up it could be feeds are down earlier (but seem to be working) or the box is flashed already with 003, go into menu, information, about and see if it has updated

mcguinnessc
07-04-16, 20:59
Thanks guys, I have downloaded. How do I flash now?

Clabs
07-04-16, 21:10
In Image Manager, highlight the latest version that you just downloaded and click ok to install. Before you do that, you might want to make a backup in VIX>Backup Manager that you can use to restore your settings afterwards.

mcguinnessc
07-04-16, 21:39
Imagine flashed and settings restored. Thanks.

mcguinnessc
12-04-16, 13:17
After getting the box up and running I am seeing the tuner failed errors on some channels.
I tested the box out in a friends house and these channels worked, whereas channels that worked for me at home didn't work at his house. Again with tuner failed errors. Both dishes are setup to read 28E satellite.
I also have a GB Quad Plus and dont have any issue on this box. All channels work perfectly.