PDA

View Full Version : [VU+ Duo2] OpenVix 4.0 few issues need help solving

realdannys
07-04-16, 17:05
Tempted to flash back as ALL of the bugs that existed in 3.2 are still there, plus a bunch of extra ones.

Heres my latest problems.

Channels have started disappearing in my ABM bouquets
ABM continually seems to write over my favourites.xml with an old version which I have no idea where its coming from
The software update feed is down
Big issue, all the EPG data keeps getting corrupted. I deleted it all last night and redownloaded again, tried both Rytek and OpenTV providers. After deleting it works for a bit and then it gets corrupted again
Box crashed when trying to run update on CrossEPG (log attached)

Problems that still exist from 3.2 - network mounts don't persist through multiple reboots, Even if I get the VU+ Zero to use the VU+ Duo2 as a replacement hard drive it only lasts for that boot.
VU+ Zero wont rewind either, it'll only pause.

Andy_Hazza
07-04-16, 17:12
Tempted to flash back as ALL of the bugs that existed in 3.2 are still there, plus a bunch of extra ones.

Heres my latest problems.

Channels have started disappearing in my ABM bouquets
ABM continually seems to write over my favourites.xml with an old version which I have no idea where its coming from
The software update feed is down
Big issue, all the EPG data keeps getting corrupted. I deleted it all last night and redownloaded again, tried both Rytek and OpenTV providers. After deleting it works for a bit and then it gets corrupted again
Box crashed when trying to run update on CrossEPG (log attached)

Problems that still exist from 3.2 - network mounts don't persist through multiple reboots, Even if I get the VU+ Zero to use the VU+ Duo2 as a replacement hard drive it only lasts for that boot.
VU+ Zero wont rewind either, it'll only pause.

Where are you storing your epg data?

realdannys
07-04-16, 17:23
It was setup on USB since about a month after we go the box and didn't have any issues. When I looked last night, somehow it had changed back to hard drive again. Deleted all EPG on both hard drive and USB stick, changed it back to USB stick and downloaded Rytek data to start (though I prefer the OpenTV ones as I don't like the genre in brackets in the description Rytek gives) this brought everything back in the list and worked fine, then today its back to being corrupt again.

Just cleaned it out, switched to OpenTV and run it again, ok at the minute.

Another thing thats started happening, pressing up would take you to the bouquet that is open, lately its been taking us to "all channels" instead which has a bunch of junk channels in the first places.

twol
07-04-16, 17:23
I know people will hate me ... but rather than realdannys having a heart attack, why doesn,t he use the simple approach at least until he is comfortable.
Delete the epg (wherever) it maybe (check flash as well)
Disable Crosspeg
Enable and setup XMLTV Importer on BOTH receivers (Source Rytec UK on both)
Run.
Don't share!!!
Safe, simple, works .... but what do I know :):):)

realdannys
07-04-16, 17:26
I know people will hate me ... but rather than realdannys having a heart attack, why doesn,t he use the simple approach at least until he is comfortable.
Delete the epg (wherever) it maybe (check flash as well)
Disable Crosspeg
Enable and setup XMLTV Importer on BOTH receivers (Source Rytec UK on both)
Run.
Don't share!!!
Safe, simple, works .... but what do I know :):):)

I've never used the basic XMLTV importer - does it have to be Rytek because as i've said, I prefer the other source personally. Id not had any issues at all since getting the box with CrossEPG and also I have a motorised dish on feed 4 so I like to have some of the EPG data for the other sats when looking for a game.

Andy_Hazza
07-04-16, 17:33
I would do away with your usb and just use the HDD to store the epg data.
What are you using for your channel list? Custom made one or ViX's ABM? If ABM can you tell me how you have it setup please?
Regards,

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

realdannys
07-04-16, 17:41
I would do away with your usb and just use the HDD to store the epg data.

Really? I only went with the USB because folk said its faster on here incase the disk needs to spin up (which made sense, though I don't think mine ever spins down as the timeshift is always on, although, as i've made point of before that for the last 30 so updates its never change, having it on makes no difference for me, on the main box I can rewind at any point with it on or off and the first time you trigger it causes glitching)

VIX's ABM yes indeed. I have it setup with my favourites XML. I've just noticed BBC One HD just moved because apparently its number changed in ABM making my favourites file incorrect. I thought the whole point of ABM was to have so you didn't need to keep chasing channels around as they changed numbers?
Generally ABM is well behaved but whatever changes happen through updates nearly always cause my Sky Sports 1 DE to become Fun7. I've changed it about 4 times and it always seems to change and make that happen. What i've noticed happen is even if I delete them under all the example bouquets in the custom folder there are 5 that always come back with the example removed - PSB1 TV and Radio, Sky Germany and Turksat TV and Radio. I'm not sure why they always exist - i've started basing my favourites channels on what they change to instead.

twol
07-04-16, 17:41
I've never used the basic XMLTV importer - does it have to be Rytek because as i've said, I prefer the other source personally. Id not had any issues at all since getting the box with CrossEPG and also I have a motorised dish on feed 4 so I like to have some of the EPG data for the other sats when looking for a game.

It does, but never used them ..... you would have to look at the selection and try ... rytec (usually ) works for me on German & UK sats

realdannys
07-04-16, 17:46
"Usually" sounds just as reliable as CrossEPG! ��

It had been working fine for 5 months or so, its only recently (perhaps only since i updated to version 4) the text has got corrupted. I don't mind glitches and the like myself but this box is being used by a woman, a woman who just expects things to work and moans quite loudly when the list of whats on is all corrupted and starts spouting about why we should just get sky :rolleyes: But she does only use the basics and you'd expect them to be reliable, the up button needs to take her to the bouquet we start in (main channels created in ABM favourites) and the EPG needs to be correct.

realdannys
07-04-16, 20:25
Ok, more bugs on the VU+ Zero. I've just realised it was accessing the same epg.dat as the VU Duo2 as it has no tuners so it can't create its own, it needs to read that one.

The odd thing is that in the epg listed /autofs/vuduo2 as the mount and yet the mount' doesn't actually exist yet as they were all deleted (and never worked properly) in the upgrade to 4.0. Whats more a network search doesn't even show up the VU+Duo2 for some reason. I've tried it twice now, days apart with hard reset inbetween and it doesn't show up in the list.

Also the VU+ Zero crashed when trying to change the EPG data location (The Duo2 do this too) have attached yet another crash log, not sure if anyone really reviews these things to be honest as every bug i report and provide logs for remains.

Huevos
07-04-16, 20:45
even if I delete them under all the example bouquets in the custom folder there are 5 that always come back with the example removed - PSB1 TV and Radio, Sky Germany and Turksat TV and Radio. I'm not sure why they always existThose are providers without LCN so the plugin needs those files to order the channels of those providers. They do not affect other providers.

If you are having trouble with ABM turn on debug logs, reboot and do a fresh scan. Post the debug log.

realdannys
07-04-16, 20:48
Those are providers without LCN so the plugin needs those files to order the channels of those providers. They do not affect other providers.

If you are having trouble with ABM turn on debug logs, reboot and do a fresh scan. Post the debug log.

It not so much "trouble" with ABM as it seemingly continually changing channel numbers and me having to update things - which as I said, I though was the point of ABM to stop me having to do such things manually.

Very little has changed between 3.2 and 4, it should have been called 3.3 really. All the old bugs on my Zero are still there. I still cant rewind my timeshift, I still cant reliably mount the Duo2 as a hard disk replacement (in fact thats got worse) and now I cant even add the Duo2's correct location to load the dat file.

realdannys
07-04-16, 20:57
Another bug to add and this was confirmed to be a bug about 4 years ago on here, the remote record plugin doesn't work properly as it doesn't set the correct location on the remote box. So can't remote record from the Zero either I have to use a laptop and go to the web interface, bit daft. But as its been 4 years I doubt that plugin is getting updated.

All the threads I can find on here about timeshift not rewinding are 3 years old and mention it being a driver issue, which it obviously isn't on my Zero. I've used a USB stick, i've set it up to auto start after 5 seconds, i've rebooted and everything it it should be. Will only pause never rewind. Ideally I wanted to use the Duo2s drive for timeshift over the network and that did at one point work fine, but it only ever stays mounted for about one night after a reboot - next time you come to pause you'll find timeshift isn't working anymore and you need to remount the box.

Feels a but like everything is tied together by string.

marks1
07-04-16, 21:18
Ok, more bugs on the VU+ Zero. I've just realised it was accessing the same epg.dat as the VU Duo2 as it has no tuners so it can't create its own, it needs to read that one.

The odd thing is that in the epg listed /autofs/vuduo2 as the mount and yet the mount' doesn't actually exist yet as they were all deleted (and never worked properly) in the upgrade to 4.0. Whats more a network search doesn't even show up the VU+Duo2 for some reason. I've tried it twice now, days apart with hard reset inbetween and it doesn't show up in the list.

Also the VU+ Zero crashed when trying to change the EPG data location (The Duo2 do this too) have attached yet another crash log, not sure if anyone really reviews these things to be honest as every bug i report and provide logs for remains.

I had to set up NFS when I updated to 4.00 003 to get the network mounts working. have you done that?

realdannys
07-04-16, 21:22
I had to set up NFS when I updated to 4.00 003 to get the network mounts working. have you done that?

Yep.

They're technically half working - I can't get the Duo2 to be a hard drive replacement for the Zero even though thats ticked and its green mounted to show it should. The one thing that does always work is according the recordings. Granted it might not come from /HDD/Media as it should but the AutoFS/DUO2/Media/ works and they play well.

Its when it comes to accessing EPG, timeshift and other network features it gets flakey.

Anyone any idea why my Zero can access the upgrade feeds but my Duo2 says they're down?

twol
07-04-16, 21:26

Why?
My ET7500 has 2 tuners but both are disabled and runs as a client using fallback tuner.
I use a combination of ABM and Echannelizer to create my bouquets which are copied to all receivers in one write.
I run Xmltv Import on each receiver, regardless of whether they have tuners or not(disabled) so the epg is populated on each receiver.
Much easier than what you are trying to do.

realdannys
07-04-16, 21:31
Why?
My ET7500 has 2 tuners but both are disabled and runs as a client using fallback tuner.
I use a combination of ABM and Echannelizer to create my bouquets which are copied to all receivers in one write.
I run Xmltv Import on each receiver, regardless of whether they have tuners or not(disabled) so the epg is populated on each receiver.
Much easier than what you are trying to do.

Yeah you're right re using XMTL import on the zero at least, i'll change it to do that instead see as network mounts as so flakey. How do you get ABM to write to all your boxes in one go? I've been syncing using an OS X server I run 24/7 which works pretty well. Duo2 creates everything, it just copies to the Zero which just falls back to loading the channel from the Duo2.

Still the 'not being able to rewind' to fix though.

twol
07-04-16, 21:48
Yeah you're right re using XMTL import on the zero at least, i'll change it to do that instead see as network mounts as so flakey. How do you get ABM to write to all your boxes in one go? I've been syncing using an OS X server I run 24/7 which works pretty well. Duo2 creates everything, it just copies to the Zero

Still the 'not being able to rewind' to fix though.
I run ABM on the main receiver, then use Echannelizer to flip the bouquets around (the main German channels into the 1st 100 channel slots to please my wifes relatives) so,the UK channels keep the same "Sky" order and then again Echannelizer writes the generated bouquets back to all receivers in one write command (although obviously it issues writes to each receiver and the reload bouquets command)
Yes, its manual, but you don,t have to do it everyday and its fast, works and I know all receivers have same set up.

realdannys
07-04-16, 21:48
Yet another crash log - again triggered by trying to change EPG location, takes about 15 minutes to reboot, when it does everything is broken and you have to hard reset the box. Once that comes back, surprise surprise the network share has been deleted again and you have to set that all up from scratch. Are we calling this beta or alpha?

realdannys
07-04-16, 21:50
I run ABM on the main receiver, then use Echannelizer to flip the bouquets around (the main German channels into the 1st 100 channel slots to please my wifes relatives) so,the UK channels keep the same "Sky" order and then again Echannelizer writes the generated bouquets back to all receivers in one write command (although obviously it issues writes to each receiver and the reload bouquets command)
Yes, its manual, but you don,t have to do it everyday and its fast, works and I know all receivers have same set up.

I've just see EChannelizer is a Windows program so thats out for me - could do something similar with iDreamX but i'm not up for doing anything manually. I'll let my OS X server mount the two AFP mounts and copy the bouquets to the Zero.

Andy_Hazza
07-04-16, 21:51
Have you installed samba/nfs on both boxes?

Andy_Hazza
07-04-16, 21:55
Feeds are down as reported here > 07/04/16 - Plugin feeds will be offline for a number of hours today
http://www.world-of-satellite.com/showthread.php?t=51148

realdannys
07-04-16, 21:59
Have you installed samba/nfs on both boxes?

Yes - although in theory you should only need to install it on the server as thats the one you're mounting, not the client. But regardless its installed on both.

realdannys
20-04-16, 21:15
EPG has gone back to being garbled junk again.

It was working fine when I first fixed, its set to hard drive not USB stick as recommended above. I deleted the .dat file, went into Cross EPG and redownloaded the Open UK manually - go back to the guide and its still garbled.

What on earths going on now??

abu baniaz
20-04-16, 21:55
EPG has gone back to being garbled junk again.

It was working fine when I first fixed, its set to hard drive not USB stick as recommended above. I deleted the .dat file, went into Cross EPG and redownloaded the Open UK manually - go back to the guide and its still garbled.

If you manually deleted it, I hope that you halted enigma2 before doing so. If you don't, the one held in RAM will be re-written.

realdannys
20-04-16, 21:56
If you manually deleted it, I hope that you halted enigma2 before doing so. If you don't, the one held in RAM will be re-written.

I deleted it in the EPG options menu where the Load/Delete/Save, resides - and I checked after that the EPG was blank - it was. I got CrossEPG to download fresh UK online - and its corrupt.

bbbuk
20-04-16, 22:18
Are you using an internal HDD and/or NFS? I'm sure I read in another thread about problems with NFS!

That first crashlog complained about not enough disk space for timeshift.

The second crashlog complained about timing out reading/writing

Either this means HDD has errors and/or if you're using NFS then problems with NFS.

You would have to narrow down which one is causing it. I would do this by doing a fresh usb install (without restore of settings) and formatting of internal HDD. Don't install samba or NFS and try not to install any plugins, at least at first. Just what you need.

Then overtime add any plugins one at a time with sufficient time between installs to help determine when it plays up again.

realdannys
21-04-16, 00:25
Yeah well there are logs for multiple bugs that keep growing not getting fixed. I just tried updating to 4.1 - now the box is stuck in continual crashses. Id post the logs but its only going to get even more confusing

To be honest this is pushing me towards wanting to just pay the price for Sky Q right now, it'd be worth it for the stability and GUI alone compared to how this junk is currently performing.

judge
21-04-16, 00:57
To be honest this is pushing me towards wanting to just pay the price for Sky Q right now, it'd be worth it for the stability and GUI alone compared to how this junk is currently performing.
If you want Sky Q, pay for it.
Other than that, sounds like user error?

realdannys
21-04-16, 01:04
If you want Sky Q, pay for it.
Other than that, sounds like user error?

Haha of course all these crash logs sound like user error... yeah mate, of course they do. Its definitely user error that the EPG data is continally getting corrupt, its definitely user error that the Zero box can't rewind timeshift, its definitely user error that the Duo2 box regularly wont power on, or will get in a HDMI-CEC loop of just turning the TV off, its definitely user error that the network volume never stays mounted on the Zero box like it should once setup, its definitely user error that the box always crashed when you press the EPG, I could go on, but I can see how you came to that conclusion...Its definitely my fault and not shoddy programming (this coming from a dev, that is my day job by the way).

Predominately I'd just like the EPG to stop getting corrupted and the Zero to be able to rewind - two pretty simple features in a basic setup box you'd pick up from Asda to be fair, i'm not asking for the world here - they did cost £450 plus the hard drive from World-of-Satellite and my only support are a handful of users on a forum.

realdannys
21-04-16, 01:09
So now i'm back to a freshly restored box with 4.1, no more boot loop.

Ive deleted all previous .dat files, ive formatted the USB stick and ive set it epg location, starting fresh.

Ive just gone for UK channels, so i've run it on Sky UK OpenTV only - and its only filled in EPG data for about 20% of the channels... :mad:

I mean what more can I do - this could be simpler to setup, its exactly the same steps as before the restore, which filled every channel with data (but then started getting corrupted days later) and now its only filling a few of the channels... (which could be none actually, maybe its loading it from the EIT)

realdannys
21-04-16, 01:19
Oh would you look at that, more user error - the box just crashed running CrossEPG... Must be my fault again :cool:

abu baniaz
21-04-16, 01:19
What are the settings for EPG. Post screenshots of all the settings you have used.

You seem to have made your mind up that the image is faulty. Perhaps reverting to the last image you were using without altering any other variable will help you identify problem.

abu baniaz
21-04-16, 01:26
I know it is very frustarting for you, but if you continue posting with a chip on your shoulder, nobody will want to assist you.

Can you try a differnt USB stick?
EDIT: Or use the HDD.

realdannys
21-04-16, 01:29
What are the settings for EPG. Post screenshots of all the settings you have used.

You seem to have made your mind up that the image is faulty. Perhaps reverting to the last image you were using without altering any other variable will help you identify problem.

Well, the problem started on 3.2, and has now carried on into 4.0 and 4.1, so...

Anyway here are some screengrabs, i've included settings from the various EPG menus though I don't think they're applicable. (and if I was in charge of software dev this is one of the first areas id simplify 5 different sections for different menus with no idea for the average user which is which is an awful user experience)

Ive no idea if refresh or automatic save can affect crossEPG, its again not intuitive what these functions actually do. At the moment, all I want it to do is grab the Sky TV from OpenTV every day and not corrupt - foreign channels can get tackled at a later date right now. EPG-Importer does work better, but I prefer the OpenTV data than the Rytek sources as its accurate to what you get when you actually tune to the channel (and its a bit better IMO)

realdannys
21-04-16, 01:33
I know it is very frustarting for you, but if you continue posting with a chip on your shoulder, nobody will want to assist you.

Can you try a differnt USB stick?
EDIT: Or use the HDD.

The corruption seems to be happening more often on the HDD - it did work for a fair few months just fine on this USB stick (though its lately ended up corrupting on both so I don't think its media dependant)

Chip removed for now, but it is very frustrating when you've paid so much and have having to spend literally hours and hours of your life troubleshooting and setting up, suddenly Sky seems quite cheap when you consider you do work for £80 an hour rate and you've spent about 20 hours trying to get your Linux box to do the basics. If it ran as it should it would be a lot better solution that Sky Q with the ability to get the foreign channels, but it's feeling like just having the Zero with the big dish would suffice for the odd time I want to watch a game not on Sky. I just wanted to banish that old multi-box setup though.

abu baniaz
21-04-16, 01:44
OMG! Why are you downloading EPG data every hour? Once a day at a time suitable for you (does not have to be 04:30) is good enough.
Are both receivers writing EPG to the same storage device?

Have a look at section 4.1 of the Vix manual. You shouldn't be setting the refresh option, no need for it.
Have a look at this video. Set it exactly as shown. http://www.world-of-satellite.com/showthread.php?45605-How-to-setup-7-DAY-EPG-with-Crossepg-for-Astra-28-2-Video-Guide
Please use the HDD as your storage device for now.

realdannys
21-04-16, 01:55
OMG! Why are you downloading EPG data every hour? Once a day at a time suitable for you (does not have to be 04:30) is good enough.
Are both receivers writing EPG to the same storage device?

Have a look at section 4.1 of the Vix manual. You shouldn't be setting the refresh option, no need for it.
Have a look at this video. Set it exactly as shown. http://www.world-of-satellite.com/showthread.php?45605-How-to-setup-7-DAY-EPG-with-Crossepg-for-Astra-28-2-Video-Guide
Please use the HDD as your storage device for now.

The download in standby was a test to see if would fix anything, obviously it didn't - but good catch, will put it back to early hours after the ABM list build.

No the second box has no tuner so it can't run CrossEPG, I did try to get it to access the same epg.dat file a read only but obviously with the various mounts not sticking this would really feasble, so the only reliable option for the second box is to do the epg-importer unfortunately. Id like it to access the crossEPG created file on the first box but at the minute even the crossEPG file being created isn't applying to the channels.

As for the video, thats exactly how I do it - will try again by swapping to the hd again tomorrow because after the final step with the USB stick tonight, the CrossEPG data didn't apply to the channels like in the video.

This issue with CrossEPG doing its job, but then not showing when you browse channels has only happen tonight since I started totally from scratch with 4.1 - before then, whilst the data got corrupt after a few days, it did just work exactly as the video (and for all foreign channels) just download and instantly apply in EPG.

abu baniaz
21-04-16, 02:35
In my view, best not to add too many variables in the mix. Just deal with one receiver at this time. Do the mounts later. Rob shares EPG data between receivers, so he may be able to assist later.

With all due respect, your settings do not match what is in the video guide. We'll have to add text/commentary to it later. Do it exactly as shown in the video please. If it helps I attach my screenshots. Perhaps you can upload the exact same ones?

01 Mounts

02 EPG settings

03 Cross EPG settings

04 CrossEPG OpenTV providers

05 Cross EPG XMTLV providers

06 Cross EPG providers order

judge
21-04-16, 02:42
there's no reasoning with some, even if they refuse to read a manual.

bbbuk
21-04-16, 08:19
FYI, that last crashlog mentioned something about motorised dish and problems finding 28.2 in Rotor table.

I don't have a motorised dish so I probably can't help much more as i'm not familar with them.

I do, however, agree that it's best to work with one box and try and narrow down the problem you're having with that one box first.

Please remember that if problem was purely with Vix then everyone would have issues. Therefore, it's possible that it's a combination of your setup and/or Vix.

I use a Solo2 fixed 28.2 and don't have any issues with EPG. Attached are my crossepg settings that work for me but like I said I don't have a motorised dish setup.

Sicilian
21-04-16, 08:54
Thread title changed to something more relevant.

twol
21-04-16, 09:40
Haha of course all these crash logs sound like user error... yeah mate, of course they do. Its definitely user error that the EPG data is continally getting corrupt, its definitely user error that the Zero box can't rewind timeshift, its definitely user error that the Duo2 box regularly wont power on, or will get in a HDMI-CEC loop of just turning the TV off, its definitely user error that the network volume never stays mounted on the Zero box like it should once setup, its definitely user error that the box always crashed when you press the EPG, I could go on, but I can see how you came to that conclusion...Its definitely my fault and not shoddy programming (this coming from a dev, that is my day job by the way).

Predominately I'd just like the EPG to stop getting corrupted and the Zero to be able to rewind - two pretty simple features in a basic setup box you'd pick up from Asda to be fair, i'm not asking for the world here - they did cost £450 plus the hard drive from World-of-Satellite and my only support are a handful of users on a forum.
So to try and get you somwhat stable, stop using Crossepg and use xmltv importer on both boxes (it doesn,t use epg.dat so that stops the corrumption issue.
Secondly if you are going to record from the Zero ( obviously your call, but why record a channel thats being streamed from the Duo when you can do it directly? Thats not a criticsm just a question) then for a short while attach something via a usb port.
Then see if both systems run clean :)
If we can get that far then we can look at sorting your other issues :)

judge
21-04-16, 10:58
Maybe an E2 box isn't the best solution for you?

realdannys
21-04-16, 11:49
So to try and get you somwhat stable, stop using Crossepg and use xmltv importer on both boxes (it doesn,t use epg.dat so that stops the corrumption issue.
Secondly if you are going to record from the Zero ( obviously your call, but why record a channel thats being streamed from the Duo when you can do it directly? Thats not a criticsm just a question) then for a short while attach something via a usb port.
Then see if both systems run clean :)
If we can get that far then we can look at sorting your other issues :)

As mentioned bud, I dont like the XMTV Importer (now EPG-Import) as only the Rytek sources work (the Sky ones do nothing for me at the bottom) and I prefer the OpenTV provider as it accurately matches what the channel will load when you zap to it. (and i've never tried to record something on the Zero - i did try to get RemoteRecorder going to record from the Duo2, but guess what it has a bug (confirmed on here) that doesn't set a path so it doesn't work, it sets the timer on the Duo which then fails, so forget that too, needs to be done via the web interface if you want to do it when not on the box itself)

At this moment in time I AM working on one box, forget all the issues with the Zero, its not even trying to mount the recordings of the Duo2 at the moment. As mentioned earlier I will go for the EPG-Import on the Zero because I just don't believe the programming is going to be bug free enough to keep the duo's epg.dat mounted for it read the crossEPG data if I get it to work - its not worth the hassle for slightly better data.

So Abu, i've changed the couple of things in my settings which didn't match yours (mainly the automatic refresh and the keeping of epg data - and set it back again to the hard drive, though BBBUK just showed he's got automatic refresh, and automatic save set with no problems) - deleted EPG data first and run crossEPG and now it's populated the channels properly. Its set back to download at 6am each day, I will not touch any of these settings again now and we'll review if any corruption happens over the next few days. Just to note, nothing is writing to this data, there was no epg.dat created automatically (presumably because ive got automatic save turned off as per your settings now, Ive just saved it manually to the hard drive from the EPG settings menu for now, but presumably this just stays in cache and updates from there as opposed to loading from a dat file now?