PDA

View Full Version : Best way to stream and control e2 box from another room

Colu
06-04-16, 23:00
Hi,

I'm looking to stream my box to another room and have a decent user interface to control channels etc with a remote. I understand I could use another e2 box but it seems a little expensive as I won't be using the tuner in it. Can a now tv box be used or something similar?

Thanks in advance

Ford1
06-04-16, 23:45
You can use a rf modulator and exising rf cables however the pic quality is reduced, then use an android app as a remote control.
You can invest in a EDISON hdmi to rf adapter but these are very expensive, however distribute full hd to a number of tv sets, again use the android remote
You can use a laptop / desktop with the open webif portal to view on a second screen and use the controls in the web ui to control the box.

Any of these would work and fit your needs.
The android app I would recommend would be DREAMDRIOD a free app with a great remote "WIDGET" you can place on one of your screens.
I have no information on IOS app that would work for you,

Hope this helps :)

Colu
07-04-16, 13:34
I was thinking of something along the lines for a now TV or amazon stick that could be picked up cheaply and has a remote as well. Can these be modified to do that? Or is there a more cost effective way of getting a client box set up?

Andy_Hazza
07-04-16, 13:43
Edison os mini is only £79 so is a cheap option. Or you could go for an Extender HDMI over Cat5/6 and use an phone app to control your tv. Amazon Fire Stick can do it but is horrendous over wifi.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Colu
07-04-16, 20:49
Hi,
Thanks for the replys, I was hoping I could get something a bit cheaper than £79 as I wouldn't need a tuner. Ideally want to stream over WiFi (seems to work fine on my tablet), I do have a raspberry pi if that's any good...

gpaitai
08-04-16, 04:28
You could buy a Kodi media player box (android or linux). In Kodi just enable the PVR Client addon "VU+/Enigma2 Client", input your E2 box ip, done.

As an initial test, just install Kodi on your PC.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

daz450
09-04-16, 20:22
Vu+ enigma 2 client keeps sayin connection lost constantly, I have put in correct IP any ideas?