PDA

View Full Version : [ViX_Misc] OpenViX 4.1.00x coming soon with GST 1.8 and something new from VU+

Sicilian
06-04-16, 07:26
To let all members know we're in the process of building OpenViX 4.1.00x.

We've moved to OE-Alliance branch 3.4 due to upgrade of GST1.8 stable release. OE-A 3.2 & 3.3 had GST1.7 which was an experimental release.

As always no one is forced to upgrade, but an upgrade would need flash and settings restore at a minimum.

Something that will please many VU+ owners! VU+ models Duo2, Solo SE, Solo 2 and Solo 4K will have VU+'s Official Kodi 16.1 RC2 plugin available in the plugin feeds :) Big thanks to the team members who've been involved testing and implementing this plugin :thumbsup:

Please don't ask when it will be released as many things can go wrong during a build, therefore we're not able to issue a release date. Could be in a few days or week or so. Soon as its ready we will release.

twol
06-04-16, 08:08
Will there be other "flavours"?
Noticed that in past OpenATV have also had Kodi for the Mut@nt 2400

Sicilian
06-04-16, 08:09
Will there be other "flavours"?
Noticed that in past OpenATV have also had Kodi for the Mut@nt 2400

Not at the moment, ATV has had a Kodi plugin for HD2400, but it had some skin issues with some other images.

bbbuk
06-04-16, 08:22
I too would like to thank all those involved. Not only with regards to testing/implementing Kodi but also Vix itself. :thumbsup:

macca125
06-04-16, 12:36
Super Magic Fantastic This team is the best :thumbsup:

amadeus99
06-04-16, 12:54
Will Kodi use the built-in media player or one from Enigma2 plug-ins?

rossi2000
06-04-16, 13:14
it uses E2 stuffs

bbbuk
06-04-16, 13:42
Will Kodi use the built-in media player or one from Enigma2 plug-ins?
I read somewhere that there is less problems using e2 player rather than software of kodi especially when watching HD due to spec of vu hardware

Willmoore
06-04-16, 14:40
How come Kodi is not going to be available to the Zero ?

Sicilian
06-04-16, 14:42
How come Kodi is not going to be available to the Zero ?

Hardware won't support it from my understanding.

rossi2000
06-04-16, 14:46
yup the hardware doesnt support it.

ONLY
Solo4k
Duo2
Solo2
SoloSE

Trial
06-04-16, 14:47
Hi,
is Animation working on Zero? Kodi need gles in the driver like Animation does.

Ralf

amadeus99
06-04-16, 16:00
Kodi without the built-in media player is a nightmare to setup and use... Will keep using Wetek Play, till now the best box all-in one I ever tested.

Sicilian
06-04-16, 16:36
kodi without the built-in media player is a nightmare to setup and use... Will keep using wetek play, till now the best box all-in one i ever tested.

pmsl.................

amadeus99
06-04-16, 18:39
While you laugh, can you put forward some box names that can handle well Enigma2+Kodi and cost around 100 euro? I would love to try them. =D

II AnDo II
06-04-16, 19:31
Will we have to upgrade to 4.1.00x if we want to use the kodi plugin?

Ashley69
06-04-16, 19:55

See post 1

Sicilian
06-04-16, 19:55
While you laugh, can you put forward some box names that can handle well Enigma2+Kodi and cost around 100 euro? I would love to try them. =D

It's not about the price point. There's no box out there that can do everything, to me its about finding a balance. The Wetek Play just does not do it for me, Enigma 2 on Wetek does not compare to any broadcom receiver.

Any way I'm not going to get dragged into some long winded debate about this in this thread. If you want a debate start your own thread. This thread was purely to let users know whats coming :)

Andy_Hazza
06-04-16, 20:06

Yep. .

bbbuk
06-04-16, 20:14
It was vu that decided to put hardware that isn't up2 taking kodI in zero. Not vix. To the best of my knowledge zero will still be supported for as long as it's sold and for a long time after.

Remember that these receivers weren't designed for kodi.

Vu decide to support xbmc (kodis old name) on certain of their boxes themselves and image teams continue on this basis.

If anyone isn't happy with their box not supporting kodi need to contact the box manufacturer

Andy_Hazza
06-04-16, 20:18
mmmm, i disagree and you will be forced to upgrade at some time as the feeds will be cut from the older images, just before they are deleted all together from the download section.

with the zero not supporting the firmware, is this the next box to be dropped by vix ?? again forcing you to upgrade your box ??
for thosee who didnt hear, the vu solo is no longer supported , so beware what you buy

Nope. .

Sicilian
06-04-16, 20:21
mmmm, i disagree and you will be forced to upgrade at some time as the feeds will be cut from the older images, just before they are deleted all together from the download section.

with the zero not supporting the firmware, is this the next box to be dropped by vix ?? again forcing you to upgrade your box ??
for thosee who didnt hear, the vu solo is no longer supported , so beware what you buy

?????

1) Apollo was cut as the OE core stopped being supported in for nearly 2 years.
2) Hades feeds may be dropped in the future to allow resources for future images / feeds. We do not have a never ending cash pocket to shell out for larger servers. Hades ended July 2015.
3) VU+ Solo was and few other single core 333MHz receivers where dropped purely because they simply cannot cope with new images, they just do not have the processing power or ram.
4) OpenViX 3.2 feeds are still online and will remain online unless resources become critical and they have to be deleted. If that ever happens we will give users plenty of notice.
5) There are no plans to stop supporting the VU+ Zero, why would we?

Andy_Hazza
06-04-16, 20:42
For the same reason you dropped the solo perhaps ??
you image does not work on the faster processors , never mind the slower ones.
all your recent updates have the vix spinner doing a dance that cant be controled ???
thee boxxs need rebooting to get them to respond ??

User error maybe on your part.......

Sicilian
06-04-16, 20:43
For the same reason you dropped the solo perhaps ??
Look at the specs HERE (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Vu%2B). VU+ Zero have much higher spec than the old VU+ Solo that had single core 333MHz CPU with 256mb. Solo cant even download with Crossepg anymore.

you image does not work on the faster processors , never mind the slower ones.
all your recent updates have the vix spinner doing a dance that cant be controled ???

Thats funny, you've not posted any issues or logs, your last post before today was in 2015 http://www.world-of-satellite.com/showthread.php?47784-tuners-fail :rolleyes:

thee boxxs need rebooting to get them to respond ??

Your welcome to use the forum for support posting logs clear methods how to replicate your issue :)

as for the solo not having the power to cope ? , is this not down to the increasing number of updates vix puts out adding to the image each time ??
or are you saying it cant handle the new OE ??

Shall we stay in the stone ages? Does Windows 10 run on a Intel pentium 1 PC?

Sicilian
06-04-16, 20:53
nope and i am not alone
http://www.world-of-satellite.com/showthread.php?51046-Openvix-4-0-003-Release-Vuduo2-Lockup&p=398094#post398094

Well stop hijacking this thread and go create your own support thread providing logs.

Theres 1000's of OpenViX users, if there was some-kind of serious issue the forum would be flooded with reports. Could be user error, hardware setup issue, anything, but in your eyes you blame us which is an easy thing to do instead of accepting it could be user error.

Andy_Hazza
06-04-16, 20:54
nope and i am not alone
http://www.world-of-satellite.com/showthread.php?51046-Openvix-4-0-003-Release-Vuduo2-Lockup&p=398094#post398094

Will most likely be a user error on your part. These things do happen and you will eventually learn from your mistakes/errors. If you have an issue, please do create a new thread and upload crash logs and full details of your issues. [emoji4]

Sicilian
06-04-16, 21:04
mmmm, 2 very helpul posts indeed , thank you vix team for your support
if you are so sure your image does not have an issue , then you are welcome to it and i will stick to the open black hole image ( who DO support the solo) with there new OE system

So what's the 'im not alone' statement in post 27? :rolleyes: Good night.....

Andy_Hazza
06-04-16, 21:04
mmmm, 2 very helpul posts indeed , thank you vix team for your support
if you are so sure your image does not have an issue , then you are welcome to it and i will stick to the open black hole image ( who DO support the solo) with there new OE system

Yeah thought you were a BH user. Now jog along away from our forum. Ta very muchly. [emoji4]

mskhan01
06-04-16, 21:06
To let all members know we're in the process of building OpenViX 4.1.00x.

Something that will please many VU+ owners! VU+ models Duo2, Solo SE, Solo 2 and Solo 4K will have VU+'s Official Kodi 16.1 RC2 plugin available in the plugin feeds :) Big thanks to the team members who've been involved testing and implementing this plugin :thumbsup:.

Great news, just what I was waiting to hear, can't wait for it to come out soon enough..............Super dooper job Guys....:thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

birdman
06-04-16, 21:24
impoundeddop's original post has disappeared??

mmmm, i disagree and you will be forced to upgrade at some time as the feeds will be cut from the older images, just before they are deleted all together from the download section.As I understand it, you would be able to continue using the box as it is set-up at the time (i.e. working).

Sicilian
06-04-16, 21:26
impoundeddop's original post has disappeared??

As I understand it, you would be able to continue using the box as it is set-up at the time (i.e. working).

He's been silenced for a while, seems he was just posting to provoke an argument.

uscool
07-04-16, 12:41
Great news, cant wait to try it on my vu duo2, i been trying the backup with kodi 16 and actually works very well, ok cant expect it to work better then the devices that are officially supported for kodi, but cant complain, its handy when no need to switch devices,

Thanks vix team

johnviv
07-04-16, 20:47
Ta 😑 for info

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

Tmc007
07-04-16, 21:51
Hi guys just a question will kodi be made available for zgemma range in the near future??

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

Andy_Hazza
07-04-16, 21:58
Hi guys just a question will kodi be made available for zgemma range in the near future??

Nope. Shitty zgemma range receivers are clone/counterfeit and as such ViX do not support them.

Tmc007
07-04-16, 22:00
Clone/counterfeit of what?

Tmc007
07-04-16, 22:01
I have an et9500 myself just a friend of mine has zgemma h2s just inquiring for him will kodi be coming to the et9500??

Andy_Hazza
07-04-16, 22:07
Kodi is only for Vu+ Duo2, Vu+ SoloSE, Vu+ Solo2 & Vu+ Solo 4K.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

baz2011uk
08-04-16, 02:45
i use a raspberry pi 2 to run kodi to connect to a nas drive to play media from how will this compare on a duo2 having this on the duo2 would be nice to have a all in 1 box solution i know the power of the duo2 to the raspberry pi 2 will be far greater and am surprised there has not been a stable version running already i am really looking forward to this
on a side note my raspberry pi 2 on openelec does a great job with my own media from layout to playback

uscool
08-04-16, 10:59
i use a raspberry pi 2 to run kodi to connect to a nas drive to play media from how will this compare on a duo2 having this on the duo2 would be nice to have a all in 1 box solution i know the power of the duo2 to the raspberry pi 2 will be far greater and am surprised there has not been a stable version running already i am really looking forward to this
on a side note my raspberry pi 2 on openelec does a great job with my own media from layout to playback

hi, i been using kodi 16 on duo2, only issue i find when viewing movies , its always in full screen, so kinda lowers the quality of the picture and looks abit strange stretched out, but i mostly watch it for TV shows and its fine for them to be full screen

DaMacFunkin
08-04-16, 11:06
So for movie lovers will be a waste of time...

Pguciano
08-04-16, 11:15
openVix support Spark 7111???

Andy_Hazza
08-04-16, 11:32
openVix support Spark 7111???

Nope. .

djkross
08-04-16, 11:32
Well done VU and openvix!
Always was/will be the best image!

tappari
08-04-16, 14:06
Well done VU and openvix!
Always was/will be the best image!

Well done is well done when I see it and can tes it!