PDA

View Full Version : [ABM-DVB-C] AutoBouquetMaker Problem & Questions?

shadowman007
06-04-16, 04:59
Please if anyone can help will really appreciate it. I have a Mutant HD2400 receiver with 3x cable tuners I did a "Automatic Scan" found 512 channels checked the free to air channels BBC 1,2 etc all working fine. Then I did a scan using AutoBouquetMaker with the provider and netid setup but came up with a message "Cannot Read Data" So I just did a scan on 1x Tuner (Tuner A) had the feed directly going into tuner A and still the same message came up. Also I had the following 2 questions:

1) Does AutoBouquetMaker need a active network connection before you scan?
2) Does AutoBouquetMaker need to have a Softcam installed like Mgcamd or Cccam before you scan?

abu baniaz
06-04-16, 05:02
1. No
2. No

shadowman007
06-04-16, 05:10
1. No
2. No

Hi, thanks for that so what can be the problem do you have any idea?

shadowman007
06-04-16, 05:19
Also another question before I did a "Automatic Scan" (this was not using ABM) I setup the tuners and set the Netid say for example if the netid was wrong would it still find channels? I mean it found 512 channels.

frankblueking
06-04-16, 10:55
I also see this issue with ABM from time to time. I have tried rescanning the sats and reinstalling the image with a settings/plugin reinstall. The box is hard wired and I haven't seen any issues with internet connection. XMLTV update appears to work okay. The problem does resolve itself eventually. Interested to hear whether the problem is at source or my box. :confused:

Peterj
06-04-16, 11:00
ABM does not need any network connection. Is reads the data from your cable feed.
ABM is using the last cable tuner, in your case tuner C?
Are you sure that tuner is connected well?

abu baniaz
06-04-16, 11:44
Also another question before I did a "Automatic Scan" (this was not using ABM) I setup the tuners and set the Netid say for example if the netid was wrong would it still find channels? I mean it found 512 channels.
In the UK, you can use any NetID for the non-ABM scan. It will still work.

Double check the Net ID in your offcial box. If after checking, you find you still have the same issue it is likely to be signal related.

You can try Lraizer's cable plugin. It works differently.
http://www.world-of-satellite.com/showthread.php?50844-Lraizer-Autobouquets-E2-UK-Cable

shadowman007
06-04-16, 12:10
In the UK, you can use any NetID for the non-ABM scan. It will still work.

Double check the Net ID in your offcial box. If after checking, you find you still have the same issue it is likely to be signal related.

You can try Lraizer's cable plugin. It works differently.
http://www.world-of-satellite.com/showthread.php?50844-Lraizer-Autobouquets-E2-UK-Cable
Thanks, I don't have the official box that was sent back a month ago it was a TiVo box. However I do have a very old official box can I hook that up and still get the netid?

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk

shadowman007
06-04-16, 13:14
Ok just another quick question when scanning using ABM do i need to be on a active channel? or it doesn't matter?

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk

Peterj
06-04-16, 13:29
It doesn't matter.

frankblueking
07-04-16, 10:20
Thanks for your comment, I decided to check Tuner C signal and there is no signal!! Hence the ABM "Timeout" message.
Another job for today. :confused::confused:

frankblueking
08-04-16, 11:08
Thanks for your comment, I decided to check Tuner C signal and there is no signal!! Hence the ABM "Timeout" message.
Another job for today. :confused::confused:

Hi Guys An update. I redid my connections and Line 1 from the motorised dish had no signal but moved the dish. I moved the box input to Line 2 (I have 4 feeds but only use one) & strangely the dish moves but I only have 3 sats with a signal, (28,2E, 19E & 7W). Two question I have are, can I use any of the feeds from the motorised dish to control the motor/receive the signal and if there was no problem last week what could cause the problem? (eg moisture on the LNB, poor connections, a bug in the latest image etc) Cheers :confused::confused: