PDA

View Full Version : [ABM-DVB-S/S2] Strange Issue Cannot Read Data

dpullen87
05-04-16, 11:14
Vu+ Solo 2 running Vix 4 003
Tuner A - Motrised Dish
Tuner B - 28.2
Tuner C (Sundtek USB) - 28.2

When watching 28.2 it uses Tuner B like it should but when i run ABM its very slow and then fails stating cannot read data. The work round i have been using is start to record on 28.2 using tuner B and then switching to another 28.2 channel so that tuner C becomes active, then cancelling the recording on Tuner B and then starting ABM this seems to work as its using Tuner B and not C for the scan.

Any ideas why this happens and how can i fix it?

Thanks,

DaMacFunkin
05-04-16, 12:50
It is because ABM is trying to use the Sundtek tuner, I have the same problem, the sundtek struggles for some reason to read the tables, I don't know if it is a driver problem, or a vix problem.
Markus at sundtek seemed to suggest it is the way vix works with his driver but I'm not sure.

dpullen87
05-04-16, 13:31
Thanks for the confirmation, have you come up with a better work around than me?

Is there a way to tell ABM to use a specific tuner and to ignore tuner C?

DaMacFunkin
05-04-16, 16:12
There isn't and I wish there was, at the moment I have ABM auto scan disabled on the box with the sundtek tuner, I then manually disable the sundtek, manually run ABM then re-enable the sundtek.
I am sure that it is something to do with how blind scan works in vix in relation to the sundtek chipset... in theory the tuner can run on other images such as openpli but the other images don't run ABM so catch 22.
An option to exclude a tuner from ABM scans would be great.

abu baniaz
05-04-16, 16:20
OpenPLi have ABM in their feeds.

DaMacFunkin
05-04-16, 16:43
And that is fully functioning with custom swaps etc?

dpullen87
05-04-16, 22:20
No way to exclude tuner C then?

abu baniaz
05-04-16, 22:52
No way to exclude tuner C then?
ABM uses the last free/qualifying tuner. Only way to make ABM not use it is to make it unavailable. Make it occupied or not configured.

dpullen87
06-04-16, 08:23
Ok thanks Abu for the clarification

Peterj
06-04-16, 11:04
It is because ABM is trying to use the Sundtek tuner, I have the same problem, the sundtek struggles for some reason to read the tables, I don't know if it is a driver problem, or a vix problem.
Markus at sundtek seemed to suggest it is the way vix works with his driver but I'm not sure.

To let you know:
I have a Sundtek DVB-C tuner and haven't had any problems with it using ABM.

abu baniaz
06-04-16, 11:59
The DVB-C tuners work perfectly with ABM. OP has the DVB-S tuner.