PDA

View Full Version : [ABM-DVB-S/S2] Trying to find find channel numbers for ABM

SkyFan
04-04-16, 13:35
Could you please tell me what the SD and HD channel numbers are for these channels as I can't get them to show up correctly:

BBC Four
BT Sport Europe
Channel 5

Also 4SevenHD. This channel is only on freeview. Can I still have that in ABM?

abu baniaz
05-04-16, 00:21
For satellite:
Which region?
Which line up (SD line up or HD line up)? They have different numbers depending on your selection.

For Freeview HD
Depends if your mast is transmitting it. ABM brings it nicely for me.

You should too

https://ukfree.tv/transmitters/tv/Caldbeck

SkyFan
05-04-16, 00:24
For satellite:
Which region?
Which line up (SD line up or HD line up)? They have different numbers depending on your selection.

For Freeview HD
Depends if your mast is transmitting it. ABM brings it nicely for me.

London HD

Don't know what you mean by my mast. I can receive Freeview HD via my aerial. I have a USB Freeview tuner connected to my box. I just need to know how I can add 4SevenHD which is only on Freeview to ABM. So my bouquet will have freesat channels as well as that one freeview channel.

abu baniaz
05-04-16, 00:39
...I just need to know how I can add 4SevenHD which is only on Freeview to ABM. So my bouquet will have freesat channels as well as that one freeview channel.

Are you asking, "how can I have a combined bouquet with chanenls from Freesat as well as Freeview?" You need to attach the files you were using on our last project.

With regarsd to mast, as before. Satellite chanesl are braodcasrt from the satellite. This usually covers the whole of the UK. For Freeview, the transmission is by the mast near you area. We went through this with your London Live issue before. For that issue, we tried to explain that you cannot receive London Live through the aerial because you are too far from the masts that broadcast it. In a similar way, that not all masts trasnmist London Live, not all masts transmit 4SevenHD.

SkyFan
05-04-16, 00:46
I CAN receive 4SevenHD I just wanted to know if I could get a combined bouquet. What files do you need me to upload?

abu baniaz
05-04-16, 01:11
Sorry, I can't continue in this thread. Lots of hidden questions. Why ask "Also 4SevenHD. This channel is only on freeview. Can I still have that in ABM?" when you can already receive it in ABM?

I'd rather not get annoyed trying to decypher what is actually being asked.

SkyFan
05-04-16, 01:16
I was crystal clear. I asked if I could get a freeview channel 4SevenHD to show in ABM. You yourself told me several months ago that you could NOT have both Freeview and Freesat in ABM in the same bouquet. Now recently you've told me that you can. So I was asking how I can get that channel to show in ABM?

abu baniaz
05-04-16, 01:24
Lets agree to disagree about claritry of statements/questions.

I did not say any such thing as far as I can remember. Quite possibly, you meant to ask one thing, but typed something else and expected people to be able to read your mind. If youc an post a link to the post, I will edit and correct as necessary.

Refer to this for what is possible:
http://www.world-of-satellite.com/showthread.php?45828-CustomLCN-CustomMix-Favourites-List-Hacks

I will try and not to get involved in any of your threads to avoid conflict. Please ignore my posts.

SkyFan
05-04-16, 01:48
There's no conflict mate. You said I wasn't being clear. I said I was - I asked if I could get a channel to show in ABM in a mixed Freesat and freeview bouquet. Don't know why you think that was a "hidden question". Thanks for your help.

DaMacFunkin
05-04-16, 08:36
I have a bouquet based on Virgin media, but by using custom swap the bouquet also includes many channels that are only available on sky, it also includes 3 HD channels from freeview which are 4seven, CH4+1 and Al Jazeera News, so the answer to your question is yes it can be done with ABM via a custom swap file.

SkyFan
05-04-16, 11:30
Thanks. What is the SD and HD channel number for freeview 4Seven?.

birdman
05-04-16, 11:50
Thanks. What is the SD and HD channel number for freeview 4Seven?.47 (SD) and 110 (HD).

You can get an up-to-date list of Freeview channels at:

http://www.terrestrialtv.uk/dtt.cgi