PDA

View Full Version : [GI-XPEED LX3] Vertical lines on SD content - seems like

aido
03-04-16, 09:40
This is related to a problem I've been seeing on my LX3 for months now but appears to be a bug in the build - this was the original link.

http://www.world-of-satellite.com/showthread.php?49393-Auto-resolution-and-the-544x576-channels

Basically after a clean flash with or without settings restore you get strange vertical lines with SD content, whether 544x576 or 720x576 and these are most obvious looking at peoples faces.

It seems as those the block noise reduction is fully up by default even though the setting is 0:

/proc/stb/vmpeg/0/pep_block_noise_reduction

If you set the above to 1 the problem disappears and then if you change it back to 0 it's still fixed even though it's the default setting.

The problem is visible again if you change the above to 5 which is the maximum value I think.

This setting can also be accessed via the Video Enhancement plugin.

It's as though the driver is defaulting to a setting of 5 until you manually change it to something else and then back again and the problem is more obvious on large screen TVs.

skippie
04-04-16, 09:58
yes I put in the value 1 and the vertical lines are gone, thnx aido

Sent from my U65GT using Tapatalk

aido
04-04-16, 11:14
Which Gigablue box was it you've got please mate just in case it helps identify specific hardware causing it? Is it the quad?

skippie
04-04-16, 18:08
gigablue quad

Sent from my F5 using Tapatalk

aido
06-04-16, 21:09
Thanks so that's at least two types of box it affects.

I rebooted mine earlier after updating picons and the issue was back and I had to rerun the commands to fix it.

Any ideas on this one please? I'm guessing a driver issue?

Stanman
06-04-16, 21:14
Thanks so that's at least two types of box it affects.

I rebooted mine earlier after updating picons and the issue was back and I had to rerun the commands to fix it.

Any ideas on this one please? I'm guessing a driver issue?

Can you post a pic of what it is please and will check on my lx3.

What build are you on

aido
06-04-16, 21:29
Thanks mate, it's on 4.2.003 so the latest.

I've just done a pause on Sky News SD and managed to get a screenshot difference between the two settings which you can see even while content is paused - basically after each reboot it's as though the box is coming up with the pep_block_noise_reduction setting maxed out.

You can see the vertical lines down the middle of her face around her nose on the right / second pic - this was after the box had been rebooted and without changing anything and how it comes up for me on a fresh flash with no settings restored. The pic without the lines is after running the commands below.

The other photo (sorry the quality isn't the best of either) is after I've done the following:

echo 1 > /proc/stb/vmpeg/0/pep_block_noise_reduction
echo 0 > /proc/stb/vmpeg/0/pep_block_noise_reduction

By default the setting is 0 so it's weird that it comes back after a reboot and then by toggling the setting to something else and then back to 0 it's fixed.

I think the larger screen size shows it up more but it's been like this for months now.

skippie
07-04-16, 09:47
yes, me too, latest build

Sent from my U65GT using Tapatalk

marks1
07-04-16, 21:29
Hi I have an LX3 on 4.0 3 but I'm not getting any problems with the picture .

abu baniaz
08-04-16, 02:08
I get the issue on my lx3

aido
08-04-16, 12:32
It's a strange one isn't it - not in your face obvious and that's what I thought was the auto scaling causing the problem with the below SD res channels but eventually realised was that particular setting playing up.

Short term I'm thinking a cron job to run a simple shell script would sort it - not sure how many other boxes it affects though seeing as it seems to affect the Gigablue Quad too.

abu baniaz
08-05-16, 16:25
Until they fix it in drivers (if they do), here is a script.

Extract,
transfer to usr/script/ (you may have to create the script folder)
chmod 755

You can then run via Blue > Vix > Script Runner
(you can also enable script runner to be available in extensions menu, i.e blue button)

Or, as mentioned earlier, add to cron job.

nsw9154
08-05-16, 17:07
never noticed this problem on my LX3 or Quad+ :confused: