PDA

View Full Version : VU+ Zero setup as client and have a few questions

GrJaLeCo
01-04-16, 23:52
I now have my VU+ Solo2 set as server box and 2 x VU+ Zero client boxes connected and both work.

The EPG on both Zero's is not showing properly, so how can I get these working?
How can I get the Zero's to look at saved content on the Solo?

Any help would be grateful.

judge
02-04-16, 00:41
Menu -> Setup -> System -> Network -> NFS, install NFS on all boxes.
Then Menu -> Setup -> System -> Network -> Mounts setup -> Network Browser on both the Zeros to mount the Solo2 HDDs.

TK4|2|1
02-04-16, 07:38
Menu -> Setup -> System -> Network -> NFS, install NFS on all boxes.
Then Menu -> Setup -> System -> Network -> Mounts setup -> Network Browser on both the Zeros to mount the Solo2 HDDs.

I could never get this method to work for me.
I just use xmltv import on my client box.

twol
02-04-16, 08:58
I could never get this method to work for me.
I just use xmltv import on my client box.

By far the simplest way :)

GrJaLeCo
02-04-16, 11:33
Thank you for this.

Now in the recordings menu i can select location and see the Solo2 HDD :)

In the mounting setup I selected use as HDD replacement. What does this do? I selected the Zero to record for a minute and the recording was on the Zero still and whilst recording was going on the picture was very pixelated and unwatchable.

How can I grab the epg.dat file from the Solo2 for my Zero?

GrJaLeCo
03-04-16, 13:17
My XMLTV-Importer updated this morning at 7:01 bnut had 0 events! I manually to it to do it and stil nothing comes down. MySources are set to UK and Satmate Sky UK.

Is this what you guys have set?

john doe
03-04-16, 13:31
do as judge mentions. once all mounts setup and nfs setup on both boxes. click the button that brings recording up, go to location from zero and click on solo hdd and then click movies.

imish
03-04-16, 13:32
Also use XML import - I have Rytec UK selected as source and that works OK

GrJaLeCo
03-04-16, 14:28
Yeah I've done that and I can see the recordings on the Solo2.

I'm struggling to get the EPG listings even with Ryech UK selected.

Does it make any difference that when I followed the NFS steps above to connect my Zero to the Solo that I only imported my own custom Bouquet?

GrJaLeCo
03-04-16, 14:36
So in the XMLTV-Importer I selected the yellow button to download and it says "Importing: Rytec UK XMLTV 0 events".

Where do I find the XML import Imish? I'm sure I found it before and set it, but cannot find it now.

FYI My Zero's do not have a cable in them as I use the home network to the Solo for a tuner.

GrJaLeCo
03-04-16, 15:06
I've even tried copying the epg.data dn crossepg folder from the Solo which works to the Zero and still nothing shows in the epg!

imish
03-04-16, 15:13
Where do I find the XML import Imish? I'm sure I found it before and set it, but cannot find it now.

What location have you set your client box to store your epg data? I prefer to store the EPG Data on a USB key on the client box.

FYI My Zero's do not have a cable in them as I use the home network to the Solo for a tuner.

thats fine - XML Import just needs an internet connection.

judge
03-04-16, 15:20
If you have the Solo2 HDD mounted on your Zeros, just set them to read the EPG from there. No need to complicate things.

GrJaLeCo
04-04-16, 20:21
Sorry guys, this is doing my head in and I need more advice ...

I have it set to media/usb.

When looking at the epg at the top it says my select bouquet name and in brackets (Remote of 102.168.x.xxx) so it's definitely using the bouquet of the remote server.

When viewing a channel and I press the blue button and a menu pops up. If I select CrossEPG Download it takes ages to complete and at the end the EPG is still empty, so not sure what it's done all that time! Again from the blue button I can select XMLTV-Importer. Sources is set to Rytec UK XMLTV and a manual download instant;ly does nothing and at the bottom it says current time and 0 events. After a reboot still nothing appears. If I select a channel in the epg so the preview of it shows and then scroll down the epg list for the current time appears and this repeats the more previews I make!

Here are a few of my other settings in setup / system / epg ...

Settings epg location /media usb although I can scroll and select /media/autofs/vusolo2, auto refresh yes and the rest is default.
CrossEPG / Setup enable csv import no, once a day at 4am.
XMLTV Providers Rytec UK XMLTV
OpenTV Providers Sky UK OpenTV(Astra2 on 28.2) and the download button does nothing as I have no sat cable in the Zero.

Is there anything I should setup in the Servicing searching menu or customise menu?

Because I use Remote Channel Stream I remember at some point I selected 1 custom bouquet which I created on my Solo2. Do i need other bouquets to get the epg listings working?

GrJaLeCo
04-04-16, 20:22
If you have the Solo2 HDD mounted on your Zeros, just set them to read the EPG from there. No need to complicate things.

Not sure how to set that up. Any advice?

judge
04-04-16, 23:06
Not sure how to set that up. Any advice?
How are you mounting the HDD? I'd mount as a HDD replacement, then Menu -> Setup -> System -> EPG -> Settings -> EPG location = /media/hdd/ & Automatic refresh = yes.

GrJaLeCo
05-04-16, 10:42
How are you mounting the HDD? I'd mount as a HDD replacement, then Menu -> Setup -> System -> EPG -> Settings -> EPG location = /media/hdd/ & Automatic refresh = yes.

I'm sure I have that set, but I will check when I get home. Cheers.

GrJaLeCo
06-04-16, 20:00
I have my Solo2 using the USB stick to store it's EPG and it has a full epg listing and I have saved it to the USB.

On my Zero I have done Network / Mounts Setup / Network Browser / selected my Solo2 and then selected mediausb. Then when I goto the mount manager I can see that I've mounted the VUSOLO2 media/usb and it's active. Surely now in epg settings I should be able to select the location of USB on the Solo2? However, I cannot!

Correct me if I'm wrong but, on my Zero I cannot use CrossEPG as it's not got a satellite cable in it. I can only use XMLTV-Importer (which does nothing and 0 events) or I'd thought I could look at the Solo2 USB epg (but cannot select it t the moment).

On my Zero epg location I have options of internal flash, media/hdd, media/autofs/VUSOLO2 and the Solo2 USB isn't listed!

Any ideas?

GrJaLeCo
06-04-16, 20:41
Wow, this is strange. My Zero is now showing a full list of epg listing! No idea how! Let's see if it's there in the morning.