PDA

View Full Version : Xtrend Et9100 cannot flash with USB

win33
31-03-16, 13:51
Hi guys, having problems trying to update my ET9100 via flash.
I've tried 3 different pen drives (all formatted fat32) but its just plain refusing to flash, and yes all other usb devices have been removed.
I can see the light on the pen drives but its just carries on to boot, and even tried rear sockets but to no avail.
The box is currently running Open Vix 3 2 037 (last 3.2) and I'm trying to update to Vix 4.
Thanks

Bazzer
31-03-16, 14:25
Have you tried via Image Manager ?

harryoz
31-03-16, 14:51
Hi guys, having problems trying to update my ET9100 via flash.
I've tried 3 different pen drives (all formatted fat32) but its just plain refusing to flash, and yes all other usb devices have been removed.
I can see the light on the pen drives but its just carries on to boot, and even tried rear sockets but to no avail.
The box is currently running Open Vix 3 2 037 (last 3.2) and I'm trying to update to Vix 4.
Thanks

Ive got et8000 and when you put in usb and restart at back of box you need to watch the display on front of receive and you get a message saying push the volume up button to start flashing you need to be quick otherwise the box will just reboot with old image!!
Try it ,it might work on et9100. Hope this helps

win33
31-03-16, 16:30
Thanks guys but its sorted now. I've just been out and bought a new flash drive, working a treat, very surprised the other 3 wouldn't as they are read by my pc with no problems.

Flyingpig
31-03-16, 20:41
you also need to ensure that there are no other USB's in any slots when you are flashing. Only becuase mine doesnt work if I leave the USB for the EPG in.

FP.