PDA

View Full Version : [ABM-DVB-S/S2] Changes required for ABM 31/03/2016

^^COMPASS^^
31-03-16, 10:45
On 31st March 2016, technical changes will take place on satellite allowing ITV to launch HD variants of ITV Anglia (East), ITV Yorkshire (West) and ITV Tyne Tees. The HD services will replace the existing out-of-region HD version on the current ITV HD channel number slot.

-http://www.a516digital.com/2016/03/itv-to-launch-three-new-hd-regions-on.html

I did checked to see if ITV Tyne Tees HD had replaced ITV Granada HD today but it aint (Tyne Custom)
so I'm guessing changes are needed to be made to ABM to allow these to replace ITV Granada HD slot etc etc,

lincsat
31-03-16, 13:44
They have been testing for a while

# ITV regions
1043: "ITV Tyne Tees HD",
1044: "ITV Yorkshire HD",
1045: "ITV Anglia HD",

I have just scanned in the Humber region and we have ITV Yorkshire HD right now.

BTW - BBC1 HD has moved to the channel vacated by BBC3, so it will need an edit for that.

^^COMPASS^^
31-03-16, 13:56
They have been testing for a while

# ITV regions
1043: "ITV Tyne Tees HD",
1044: "ITV Yorkshire HD",
1045: "ITV Anglia HD",

I have just scanned in the Humber region and we have ITV Yorkshire HD right now.

Yes you mentioned this in a previous thread, although ITV Tyne Tees HD appears in Not Indexed, i was referring to ITV Tyne Tees HD Replacing ITV Granada HD channel in Tyne Custom line up

abu baniaz
31-03-16, 15:17
The broadcaster decides which HD channel appears for which region. ABM does not decide this, so there is nothing to change in ABM. It may however be possible that new regions have been created, if so they will have to be added. Can you compare against the list of regions on the Sky website and point out if any are missing from ABM?

^^COMPASS^^
31-03-16, 16:30
The broadcaster decides which HD channel appears for which region. ABM does not decide this, so there is nothing to change in ABM. It may however be possible that new regions have been created, if so they will have to be added. Can you compare against the list of regions on the Sky website and point out if any are missing from ABM?

Sky Tv Guide is Showing ITV Tyne Tees HD at 178

-http://tv.sky.com/tv-guide#/day/0

Edit: I have Just run ABM & Itv Tyne Tees HD has appeared in position 3 in place of ITV Granada HD, happy days :)

BBC One HD has moved from position 1 to Position 9 :confused:

abu baniaz
31-03-16, 16:59
........BBC One HD has moved from position 1 to Position 9 :confused:
No mate, it has moved form 141 to 115.
The sd on top section will need to be edited
The swap will need to be edited
If someone can compare the list of regions with those listed in ABM, it would be appreciated. The Sky website responds better in IE than Firefox

^^COMPASS^^
31-03-16, 17:45
Thanks abu,
I have made the following Changes & all is well again :thumbsup:

<hdchannelsontop>
<channel number="115" /><!-- BBC 1 HD -->

<sdchannelsontop>
<channel number="115" /><!-- BBC 1 HD -->

<swapchannels>
<channel number="101" with="115" /><!-- BBC One HD -->

abu baniaz
31-03-16, 17:52
Attachment deleted. Please use latest image or download latest ABM

dsayers
01-04-16, 17:34
I've just tried this and i was getting error cannot read data so i tried the one you uploaded to github and thats working fine the only issue is when i type 103 it goes to itv hd but when ok the infobar shows 178 and when i press ch up it goes to 179 itvbe hd same for bbc1 hd shows 115 on infobar how do we fix this so when i press ch up it goes to 104

Andy_Hazza
01-04-16, 17:46
Working fine here. Do you have swap enabled and did you rescan ABM when you ftp'd across?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

dsayers
01-04-16, 17:52
yes originally i deleted the swaps for bbc1 and itv because i couldn't get the hd versions in my region so i've used the file from here and get error cannot read data then the one from github shows the wrong channel nubers on infobar and get the above error after scanning

alexk18
01-04-16, 18:30
Not working for me either. I have abm London sd, ftped the file but still bbc1hd at 115

Andy_Hazza
01-04-16, 18:48
Enable swap in providers.

Andy_Hazza
01-04-16, 18:49
Not working for me either. I have abm London sd, ftped the file but still bbc1hd at 115

Why London SD? You should be using Custom London for sky.

abu baniaz
01-04-16, 18:59

The broadcaster has moved BBC One HD from 141 to 115. This is where it will be until they change it again.

bigvern
01-04-16, 19:12
I've just tried this and i was getting error cannot read data so i tried the one you uploaded to github and thats working fine the only issue is when i type 103 it goes to itv hd but when ok the infobar shows 178 and when i press ch up it goes to 179 itvbe hd same for bbc1 hd shows 115 on infobar how do we fix this so when i press ch up it goes to 104

same here, where is the one on github (link)

abu baniaz
01-04-16, 19:16
same here, where is the one on github (link)

https://github.com/oe-alliance/AutoBouquetsMaker/tree/master/AutoBouquetsMaker/providers

steveharman
02-04-16, 17:25
The broadcaster has moved BBC One HD from 141 to 115. This is where it will be until they change it again.

Hi,

I'm a little confused about the recent broadcaster change (it doesn't take much).

Everything is working fine for our ABM setup (GigaBlue Quad HD) but as you noted BBC One HD is now on 115 instead of 141 & with swap enabled in ABM we seem to get BBC One SD on our ch.101. Are there any steps I can follow (and also follow for my mother-in-law) to return BBC One HD to position 101? And if so, what are they please?

Thanks in advance.

Steve

chaser
02-04-16, 17:26
The broadcaster has moved BBC One HD from 141 to 115. This is where it will be until they change it again.Hmmm. This doesn't seem to be the case for Scotland (Grampian). BBC1 ScotHD remains at 141 and BBC2 ScotHD has moved from 142 to 115.

chaser
02-04-16, 17:31
Hi,

I'm a little confused about the recent broadcaster change (it doesn't take much).

Everything is working fine for our ABM setup (GigaBlue Quad HD) but as you noted BBC One HD is now on 115 instead of 141 & with swap enabled in ABM we seem to get BBC One SD on our ch.101. Are there any steps I can follow (and also follow for my mother-in-law) to return BBC One HD to position 101? And if so, what are they please?

Thanks in advance.

Steve

You either need to wait for the next OpenVix build, or copy the .xml file posted further up in this thread over to your box then re-run ABM.

sh500
02-04-16, 17:31
Hi,

Thanks in advance.

Steve
You either need to modify your existing Xml file or download the already modified one and transfer it to your box. (As per posts #7 and #8 on this thread)

steveharman
02-04-16, 18:00
I can handle those kind of instructions, thanks. :-)

Guess I'll need to run an ABM scan after applying the updated .xml ? And continue to use 'swap' to swap around the SD / HD channels?

Thanks again,

Steve

sh500
02-04-16, 18:07
I can handle those kind of instructions, thanks. :-)

Guess I'll need to run an ABM scan after applying the updated .xml ? And continue to use 'swap' to swap around the SD / HD channels?

Thanks again,

Steve
Yes to both. You may want to run 'Delete bouquets' before you do the scan and restart the box.

jonaldo9
10-04-16, 14:43
Yes to both. You may want to run 'Delete bouquets' before you do the scan and restart the box.

hoping someone can help, I had the same problems as above, the zip file in post #8 gave me the cannot read data error. So I went to the GitHub and copied the file there and pasted it into an xml and then ftp'd this over to my box. However after a restart it did not give me sky 282 uk, only irl. so I deleted the ABM from the remove plugins and re-installed, but after this ABM did not appear in my service searching menu.

Can anyone advise how I can get this to work please??

m1nz
21-04-16, 06:28
I also get cant read

I have the following
Sky SD
Sky ROI
Sky Freestat

All are set to London and Swap for Sky SD. I know the image I use it old.

If I disabled Sky ROI & Sky Freestat then the Scan starts but still get 101 as BBC Two HD on Main.

Think Sky SD is using sat_282_sky_uk_zzl.xml

Andy_Hazza
21-04-16, 06:36
The sky_uk_zzl xml file has long been made redundant. You can either A/ Grab the latest satellite file from GitHub or B/ Update to the latest ViX image (4.1-001)
Can I ask why you are using 3 providers? When you get the latest sky_uk xml file, just use Sky UK for your provider, use "CustomLondon" for your region, also be sure to be using expert mode and where it says "include not indexed channels" select Yes.

abu baniaz
21-04-16, 10:53
I am closing this thread. Attachments will be removed from thread later. Download latest ABM or install latest image. All the required changes will be included.

If you have an issue, please start a thread attaching a debug log which captures your ABM operation.