PDA

View Full Version : What happened to the xtrend et8000?

Colu
30-03-16, 16:14
Hi,
I was just settled of an et8000 as a triple cable tuner box and was going to buy from WoS but can't find any trace of it on the site! Any ideas? Or alternatives.

world-of-satellite.co.uk
30-03-16, 16:56
Unfortunately we are currently sold out of the Xtrend ET8000. We have been in discussions with Xtrend regards manufacturing another batch, but due to exchange rate changes we would have to increase the selling price. Also in the coming months we will be seeing possibly another one or two 4K Ultra HD models being released, so for now we've decided to hold off re-manufacture of the ET8000.

We have the following alternatives:

Miraclebox Premium Twin+, more or less same spec as the ET8000 with up to 3 plug and play tuners:
http://www.world-of-satellite.co.uk/index.php?route=product/search&filter_name=TWIN%2B

Gigablue HD Ultra UE:
http://www.world-of-satellite.co.uk/index.php?route=product/search&filter_name=ultra&filter_category_id=89

We do have many other higher or lower spec receivers in stock, drop us an email HERE (http://www.world-of-satellite.co.uk/index.php?route=information/contact) with your requirements.

twol
30-03-16, 17:03
Virtually sold out across Europe it would appear :):)

Colu
30-03-16, 19:25
Hi,
Any similar priced alternatives that people can suggest? I'm looking to use a 3.5" drive and would ideally like a triple cable tuner box?
Thanks in advance.

twol
30-03-16, 19:47
Xtrend ET10000?

Sicilian
30-03-16, 20:09
Mb twin+ is a triple tuner

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

psykix
30-03-16, 20:21
Which manufacturers are the new 4K models from? I might have to start squirreling some money away!

Colu
30-03-16, 21:36
Thanks for the replies.
As the MB is a bit more expensive is it worth just going straight to an et10000 mutant 2400? This will be my first box and I'm not sure in need the extra power but do want it to be responsive and share TV around the house. Two tuners is a must and 3 would be nice.
Thanks

twol
30-03-16, 21:42
For ET10000 read ET8000 + extra tuner + hardware transcoding + additional gb lan + painted different colour...... Otherwise chips, remote etc the same :)
Its a good box ( I had both 8000 & 10000), but then I like Xtrend as you can see from signature:)

Rob van der Does
31-03-16, 03:17
ET10k does transcoding, ET8k doesn't. This can be of importance for sharing TV around the house (and beyond).

Colu
31-03-16, 08:23
OK I think I might go for the et10k then. Is there any real difference between that and the mutant?

twol
31-03-16, 08:45
OK I think I might go for the et10k then. Is there any real difference between that and the mutant?

Remotes - depending on who you listen to, the Xtrend either has the best remote or the worst :)
Personally, I like it but I am used to the layout, people that come from a Vu+ background probably don,t :)

Bazzer
31-03-16, 11:13
Yep remote also with the Mutant but saying that I love the Mutant and swear by it said it many times would recommend to one and all. Your decision I am sure you will be pleased with what you go for.

Colu
31-03-16, 15:25
Went with the et10k in the end, wanted to have a play with over the weekend. Went with a two tuner version as I found a place where I could get the plug in tuners cheaply.
Thanks for all your help.
I'm sure I'll be back on here over the weekend trying to get it to work especially distributing it around the house.

Ford1
31-03-16, 20:53
In regards distribution around the house, if you intend to use existing rf cabling you will need a rf modulator and a scart cable. to my knowledge there is only one sat box (other than sky) that comes with built in rf modulation/rf out, and that is a rather dated technomate model. keen to know how you do it though.

Sicilian
31-03-16, 20:58
In regards distribution around the house, if you intend to use existing rf cabling you will need a rf modulator and a scart cable. to my knowledge there is only one sat box (other than sky) that comes with built in rf modulation/rf out, and that is a rather dated technomate model. keen to know how you do it though.

Take a look at this:

http://www.world-of-satellite.co.uk/Cables-Leads-Accessories/HD-Distribution-over-Coax/EDISION-HDMI-MODULATOR-single-DVB-T-Full-HD-Distribution-over-Coax

Rob van der Does
01-04-16, 07:27
Surely that would not be the idea? Such an old fashioned, low quality picture while buying a new HD-box?

Ford1
02-04-16, 23:28
just because its old, doesn't mean it don't work well.

Rob van der Does
03-04-16, 17:42
It only "works well' if your quality-standards are extremely low. Best case it gives you VHS-quality, and that is the reason hardly any box still has such an output: nobody wants that any more. And especially as there are a number of low-cost, high quality alternatives.

Ford1
03-04-16, 19:54
But it is still a valid option, that does work well, and depending on what you are feeding, in my case an old analogue 20" lcd in a bedroom, the quality is fine and more than watchable.