PDA

View Full Version : [ET10x00] EPG Misbehaving and other oddities

IAmATeaf
30-03-16, 16:03
I had initially posted in another thread but I'm having strange oddities since couch flashing to 4.0-002 and then upgrading to 003.

My box has locked up twice since this upgrade, never locked up in all the time I've had it before with various versions of 3.2. It also just restarted all of its own accord yesterday, nothing happening, the wife was watching, screen goes black and the next thing the ET10000 if going through the booting stages according to the screen on the front. I checked for logs but there was nothing as the box didn't really crash.

I've also got problems with my EPG data, in that it's no longer populating the Virgin channels, Sky seem to be fine.

I've got ABM setup to run once a week to download both Sky and Virgin. I use CrossEPG for Sky which runs at 4am and the EPGRefresh plugin for Virgin which runs at I think 5:30am.

I had a few issues yesterday where my USB pen drive was mounted both under /media/usb and /media/sdb1 which I've now sorted and the file crossepg.config was set to /media/hdd for some reason when it should be /media/usb which I've now sorted out.

Strange thing now is there is no file called epg.dat anywhere that I can find, I've used the find command from root to see if the file is anywhere. What creates this file and where is the location set, I thought it was in /etc/enigma2/settings where I have this line config.misc.epgcachepath=/media/usb/ but there is no file. Could the lack of this file explain why I have missing EPG data? and how do I fix this?

Also, where does the crossepg setting for db location get set? i can't find anyway of setting it and had to edit the config file manually.

2stein
30-03-16, 16:59
under setup->system->epg->settings you can set the epg.dat location.
/media/usb imho is usb stick... if mounted.

IAmATeaf
30-03-16, 19:50
under setup->system->epg->settings you can set the epg.dat location.
/media/usb imho is usb stick... if mounted.

Yes I know that and it's set to /media/usb but as I said there is no epg.dat file which I expect to see there.

Also where is the crossepg db location set, do you know?