PDA

View Full Version : [ABM-MISC] Anyway to get latest ABM on Hades?

amspa
29-03-16, 11:08
Hi,

Is there any way to get an up-to-date version of ABM on Hades?

I'm currently still running Hades 18 on a Gigablue HD Quad+ and can't upgrade to any newer images due to problems with the recent Gigablue drivers.

A lot of channels have moved since this version of ABM and I'd like to be able to run an updated version to sort out my channels lists.

Can I compile the current version from github and use that?

Thanks

abu baniaz
29-03-16, 11:10
The drivers were fixed

amspa
29-03-16, 11:32
They fixed the original fault that we were seeing but I've been having more problems since the upgrade.

Whether it's driver or Vix related I don't know but since upgrading to Vix 4 my cable tuner AGC levels have dropped from 90+ to only about 40%. This is leading to lots of tune failures and distorted, broken pictures. The interference happens specifically when I'm recording something on the other tuner.

I know that these AGC figures aren't reliable but the effect certainly is. It's repeatable and happens every time. Reverting to Hades fixes the problem.

Do these new drivers require a higher signal strength or something?

Anyway, this isn't the right thread for this signal problem. Whatever the reason, I'm still stuck on Hades and need an updated ABM.

abu baniaz
29-03-16, 12:09
If nobody posts it, I'll upload latest one when I get back from work

amspa
29-03-16, 12:17
That would be great, thanks!:)

abu baniaz
30-03-16, 01:21
Replace the existing version with this. i.e, do not delete old one first. Just transfer and overwrite.

amspa
30-03-16, 10:12
Thanks for uploading this.

I've just tried it and I'm getting various problems though.

When I have Sky (UK) enabled, ABM produces an error message of "Can not read data" and then it stops.

When I have Virgin cable enabled it crashes completely. I've attached a crash log for this.

Any ideas?

Thanks again

abu baniaz
30-03-16, 12:09
Try the follwoing, delete the existing ABM folder. Transfer the one I uploaded. For sake of ease, simplicty, make teh whole folder and contents and have 755 properties. Then try again.

amspa
30-03-16, 13:50
Success!

Thanks for your help :)