PDA

View Full Version : VU_Solo2 Sat Channel List

John57
29-03-16, 10:56
Morning All

Just need a little advice from the knowledgeable forum members.
I am currently running Vix 140 on one box and on the second VU+Solo2 Hades, my question is as a Mac user, is there within the software/plugins an option to download and install a current and up-to-date Channel list for Astra 19 and 28 that is within the plugins as the last list that have and installed was installed was some time back. Ideally I would like to install a list that is freely available myself but I always seem to have an issue when trying to unzip these files as they were created for windows, any help and assistance would be welcome, as always

Kind Regards
John

DaMacFunkin
29-03-16, 11:10
Channel lists are plugins/settings

John57
29-03-16, 11:28
DanMacFunkin, many thanks, is there one in particular (filename) that you could personally recommend?

Regards
John

twol
29-03-16, 11:30
Depends on what you are trying to do :)
To be absolutely up-to-date run http://satellites-xml.org/ and copy generated file to your /etc directory then scan both satellites.. and you will have the most up-to-date channel list.
But depending on what you are looking for on 19.2E/28.2E just run ABM with the appropiate setup :)
There are plugins to download Bouquets/sat lists but you probably can do what you want with ABM.

John57
29-03-16, 11:32
Hi DanMacFunkin,

just update, I am pretty sure that I had/have the channel list from vhannibal in the past, are you able to say which of his lists in the plugin/settings folder is the fastest version?

Kind Regards
John

John57
29-03-16, 11:38
Twol

Not trying to do anything complicated, just looking for Astra 19/Astra 28, it would be good if the channel list file in the plugin section is so called up to date and this option works then I would be more then happy as I have never run ABM but if you care to share how to run this function then I would be more then happy to give it a try, I would do a back up first in order to safe guard what I already have.

Once again, thanks

John

John57
29-03-16, 12:34
Thanks guys, the channel list in the plugins worked great.

Regards
John

DaMacFunkin
29-03-16, 12:54
Sorry I didn't get back sooner, I personally use a self edited version of cats eyes, there are reasons his settings are not in the feeds.
Glad you got sorted.

John57
29-03-16, 13:25
Hi DanMacFunkin,

Not to worry, I have seen the term cats eyes used before is it a possible alternative option?

Regards
John

John57
29-03-16, 18:36
Just a quick update, one VU+Solo 2 box (with Hades) updated no issue with a new channel list from plugins, however I tried the same procedure with my first VU+Solo 2 box which is still using Vix Apollo 142 I have noticed that there are no plugins to download......does this mean Apollo software is now no longer supported?

Regards
John

DaMacFunkin
29-03-16, 18:48
It indeed does mean that the feeds have been removed for Apollo.

John57
29-03-16, 19:10
DaMacFunkin

Thank you, I guessed as much. It now looks like I am going to have to upgrade to the latest Vix software.....thats going to be fun and a real challenge